Giulia Redigolo is PhD Candidate in Accounting at the Department of Management, Ca' Foscari University, Venice-Italy.
She has been Visiting Fellow at J.Mack Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University, Atlanta-USA (Aug 2013 - Mar 2014).
Currently, she is Visiting Fellow at Goizueta Business School, Emory University, Atlanta-USA, where she is conducting empirical research in financial accounting (Apr 2014 - present).
She is a member of the EAA (European Accounting Association) and AAA (American Accounting Association).
Her areas of interests are: Corporate Disclosure Strategies, Multi-period Earnings Forecasts, Social Media and Capital Markets, Textual Analysis and Impression Management.
Giulia focuses her research on empirically studying voluntary disclosure of US firms and the related determinants and consequences, including the following topics: the strategies managers adopt in the corporate communication; the reaction of financial analysts to consistent earnings guidance; and the interplay between firm's accounting choices and voluntary disclosure.
In her dissertation, "Consistency in Management Earnings Forecasts", she investigates from a longitudinal perspective whether firms engage in consistent pattern of management earnings forecasts and how this might influence the information environment.
In other research projects, she studies the incentives behind the choice of earnings forecasts characteristics from one period to the other, and she explores the incremental effect of the accounting practice (i.e. the level of conservative reporting) on analysts' reaction to the earnings news.
Conference and Doctoral Program Participation
- Conference on Financial Economics and Accounting (CFEA), November 2014, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA-USA
- American Accounting Association (AAA) Annual Meeting, August 2014, Atlanta, USA
- Southeast Summer Accounting Research Conference (SESARC), June 2014, University of Georgia, GA-USA
- European Accounting Association (EAA) Doctoral Colloquium, May 2014, Tartu, Estonia
- Conference on Financial Economics and Accounting (CFEA), November 2013, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Raleigh, NC-USA
- 4th WHU Doctoral Summer Program in Accounting Research (SPAR), July 2013, WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management, Vallendar, Germany
- European Accounting Association (EAA) Congress, May 2013, Université Paris Dauphine, Paris, France.
"Consistency in Management Earnings Forecasts", Working Paper.
"Are Managers Chess Players? An Examination of the Determinants of Management Earnings Forecasts Consistency", Working Paper
"La disclosure volontaria del modello di business nel prospetto informativo di quotazione: un’analisi comparativa", Rivista Italiana di Ragioneria e di Economia Aziendale, Vol. 1, pp.60-76, (with Bagnoli C.)