Procedures for Erasmus incoming students
The following procedures concern the Erasmus incoming students for study or research activities who have been already nominated for an Eramus mobility period by their home institution:
- Required documents
- Before you leave your country
- Arriving at Ca’ Foscari University
- During your Erasmus stay
- Internship in Italy
- Before you leave Venice
After we have received the official nomination from your home university, there are some documents you need to prepare. The documents you have to present in order to complete the enrolment as an Erasmus incoming student at Ca’ Foscari are the following:
- Application form (with one passport-size photos);
- Transcript of records;
- Learning Agreement for study (or Learning Agreement for research activites);
- copy of a valid ID or passport;
- Accommodation form with one passport-size photos, only if you ask for accommodation in Venice: the International Relations Office of Ca’ Foscari University will provide you with the accommodation form as soon as you are officially nominated for an Eramus mobility period by your home institution.
- April 30th, 2013 - Erasmus mobility for the first semester or full academic year 2013/2014;
- October 30th, 2013 - Erasmus mobility for the second semester of the academic year 2013/2014.
Sign and send the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will hand original documents at your registration appointment in Venice.
Do not forget to:
- have an identification document valid for foreign travel;
- only for non-EU students: ask the International Relations Office of Ca’ Foscari University (email@example.com) for an official university acceptance letter for the VISA;
- have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC card) issued by your National Health Authorities (for EU students) or another health insurance (for non-EU students).
Before your arrival in Venice, book your appointment with the International Welcome Desk for the enrolment procedure . You will be given:
- a username and password to access the university computer services;
- the welcome guide;
- the Buddies list.
Upon request, you will be also given support for the stay permit and fiscal code applications.
You also have to book your appointment with the International Relations Office for the mobility period certificate and the learning agreement.
- Appointments with the International Relations Office
In order to arrange an appointment with the International Relations Office go to www.unive.it/international-mobility-service and choose the Erasmus Incoming Service.
Each appointment is individual. If no appointments are available, you can come to the office during the office-hours for students that are the following:
Tuesday 9.30 AM > 12.30 PM
Wednesday 9.30 AM > 12.30 PM and 2.30 PM > 4.30 PM
Friday 9.30 AM > 12.30 PM
- Changes to the Learning Agreement
In case you want to change the Learning Agreement you have to arrange a meeting first with the Departmental Coordinator of Ca’ Foscari to get it approved and signed and then with the International Relations Office, that will sign and send it to your home University for the final approval.
- Extension of the Erasmus stay
If you wish to request an extension of your Erasmus study period at Ca’ Foscari University, you need to provide the International Relations Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the authorization from your home university (an e-mail is sufficient).
If you are an Erasmus incoming student (Erasmus for study or research activities), you also have the possibility to do an internship in Italy. In order to find a satisfactory internship it is important to start researching as soon as possible.
The internship in Italy:
- has to be included in your Learning Agreement. If it is not included, you must fill in a separate form to change your Learning Agreement, which must be signed by the Departmental Coordinator of Ca’ Foscari and the Institutional Coordinator of the International Relations Office, who will then forward it to your university for the final approval.
- has to take place at the end of your Erasmus study period (after any possible exams listed in your Learning Agreement). In the case that before or during the internship your Erasmus period of stay expires, you should ask your home university for an extension of the Erasmus stay.
In order to verify both the above-mentioned conditions, please contact the International Relations Office. Once all of the necessary checks are carried out, it will be up to the Internship in Italy Service to formally set up the internship.
In order to officially end your Erasmus stay in Venice you have to arrange a meeting with the International Relations Office.
Remember to bring with you, if provided by your home university, the certificate of Erasmus period to be filled in by our Erasmus officers.