Admission requirements - Graduate School in Economics and Management
Candidates in possession of the following requirements, regardless of age or nationality, may apply to participate in the competition:
- "Laurea specialistica" or "Laurea magistrale" (second cycle degree);
- or degree awarded under the system ("ordinamento") in place prior to the one introduced by Ministerial Decree (D.M.) no. 509 of 03 November 1999, amended by Ministerial Decree (D.M.) no. 270 of 22 October 2004;
- or an equivalent academic qualification awarded abroad, recognised as such in advance solely for the purpose of admission to the competition.
Applications from students already enrolled in Doctoral Programmes of the Ca' Foscari University of Venice will not be considered valid.
Candidates who have not yet obtained their degree
Candidates who have not yet obtained their degree can apply, provided that they obtain their degree before the Examination board starts the selection, as indicated in the Attachment "A".
By this date, these candidates must communicate the date when their qualification was awarded and the consequent grade by submitting a self-certification if they are Italian or European Union citizens or certification if they are Extra European citizens and sending it by fax to +39 041 234 7379, or by e-mailing it to the following address: email@example.com.
The University will exclude those candidate who do not communicate either the graduation date or the final mark within the limits laid down, or who submit uncompleted, incorrect or misdelivered statements.
University degree obtained abroad
The university degrees obtained abroad must be equivalent to a "Laurea magistrale" (second cycle degree), according to the Italian university system for what concerns the length, the level and the study field. Their validity will be assessed, according to the above mentioned rule, by the members of the Teaching board of the Doctoral Programme.
Candidates holding a degree issued in a foreign country must fill out the online questionnaire "Information about foreign qualification" when they complete the online application form and must attach:
- the degree certificate listing the exams (transcript), in Italian, English, French or Spanish, or translated into one of the above mentioned languages. Candidates are fully responsible for the translation and its truthfulness. Italian and European citizens are only required to submit a self-certification as set forth in the D.P. (Presidential Decree) n. 445, of 28th December 2000;
- any further document useful to evaluate the validity of the academic qualification/title attained to apply for the call (Europass Curriculum Vitae, a "statement of value" that is an official degree declaration approved, translated, and legalized by a diplomatic Representation of the country where the degree was obtained, etc).
Candidates might be required to provide further documents for the submitted application at any time, in order to verify its validity.
For further information, see also: