How to apply - Graduate School in Economics and Management
Call for application for admission to the Graduate School of Economics and Management (GSEM)
- Before applying
- How to fill in the application form online
- Obligatory qualifications
- Selection modalities
- Enrolment information
- Read carefully the Call for application and the information about the Graduate School GSEM (Attachment "A");
- Check the admission requirements (art. 3 and 4) listed in the Call and in Attachment "A";
- If you have obtained a degree abroad, please refer to art. 4 of this call or to the webpage concerning the admission requirements;
- Make sure the documents to be submitted online (allowed formats: pdf, doc, rtf, jpg, gif, png).
If you need further assistance, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 0039 041 234 7372 between 10 am and 12 pm from Monday to Friday.
- The candidates must fill in a single application by Friday, May 25th 2012 at 12.30 pm, on penalty of disqualification from the competition. When filling in the admission application, the candidates must specify the Area of preference: Economics or Management or both of them.
- The admission application must be completed using the specific online procedure, which is in two stages:
a) registration on the university website at the end of which a username and password will be assigned; if you already possess the credentials required to access the reserved area (for example as former students of the university), this stage is skipped. If you forgot your password, click here. Even if you can not retrieve your password, contact the office of the Graduate School. Important: if, in the meantime, your data (mail, telephone, etc.) are changed, remember to change them in the reserved area before you complete the admission application.
b) completion of the admission application, by accessing the Reserved Area and navigating to the following locations: Online Student Services - ESSE3 > Admission Test. At the end of the procedure, appears the "Save Application" button.
For academic qualifications awarded abroad, the online questionnaire ("Information about foreign qualification") must also be completed.
- Applications not submitted using the online procedure, incomplete applications and applications lacking the obligatory academic qualifications set out in Attachment "A", will not be considered valid.
- The qualifications and publications required by the Attachment "A" must be attached to the online application in electronic format, accompanied by the relevant list (Attachment "B") no later than Friday, May 25th, 2012 - at 12:30 pm. The name of the attached files must contain the candidate’s surname. The following file extensions are accepted: pdf, doc, rtf, jpg, gif, png. You may also add, delete or modify the attached documents after completion of the online application, on condition that you do so by 12.30 pm on Friday, May 25th, 2012.
- Lengthy publications or publications which are unavailable in electronic format may be submitted separately, accompanied by the relevant list (Attachment "B"), by 12.30 pm on Friday, May 25th, 2012:
a) by hand, to the offices of the University Graduate School, at the following address: San Sebastiano Dorsoduro 1686, 30123 Venezia, 1st floor, between 10 am and 12 pm from Monday to Friday;
b) or by post to the following address: Università Ca’ Foscari - Scuola Dottorale di Ateneo, San Sebastiano Dorsoduro 1686, 30123 Venezia. The postmark date will not be considered. The envelope must bear the name and surname of the candidate, with the following words: "Concorso di ammissione alla Scuola Superiore di Economia e Management del Veneto GSEM".
- Pursuant to Presidential Decree (D.P.R.) no. 445 of 28 December 2000, as amended by article 15, paragraph 1, of Law no. 183 of 12th November 2011, Italian and European citizens are required to submit only a self-declaration (Italian document) with regard to the following personal statuses and details, as certified by Public Administrations, specified in this call for applications and the accompanying form (Attachment "A").
- All documents must be submitted in Italian or English or translated into Italian or English. The candidate is solely responsible for the translation. The qualifications submitted must have been awarded by the final date for submission of the application.
- For the recommendation letter you can use this template. The referees have to submit the letters of recommendation by Friday, May 25th, 2012.
- Be sure to complete the online application: your application will be fulfilled after pushing the button "Save Application". Applications submitted by mail or by post are not accepted.
- In any case the application must not be sent in paper form or by e-mail.
You must attach the following obligatory qualifications to the application online:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Second Cycle Degree (Specialistica/Magistrale) or a degree taken under the previous Italian university system prior to the one introduced by the Italian Ministerial Decree No. 509/99 or an equivalent foreign degree with transcript of records and final mark;
- a short report in English that illustrates the candidate’s scientific interests (maximum 10,000 characters, including spaces);
- At least two letters of recommendation written by university professors or scientific referees (one letter has to attest the candidate’s adequate knowledge of English language).These letters, preferably written in accordance with the form available on the university website, shall include address, telephone number and e-mail address of the referees who are personally in charge of send them by the application deadline:
- by e-mail, to email@example.com
- or by fax, to +39 041 234 7547
- or by post, to Università Ca’ Foscari – Scuola Dottorale di Ateneo (Graduate School) – San Sebastiano – Dorsoduro 1686, 30123 Venezia (Italy)
Applications lacking the obligatory academic qualifications shall not be considered valid.
You can also attach the optional qualification:
- Scientific publications, including working papers;
- The final score in GRE, GMAT, TOEFL or similar tests (GRE test scores are sent directly to the School: should the candidate wish to take a GRE test, he/she is required to indicate the School’s GRE code (7369) in the GRE form. For further information about the GRE test: http://www.ets.org/gre
- Masters and other advanced courses;
- Research activities with university or research institutions;
- Prizes, grants.
Application must be fulfilled by 12:30 pm on Friday, May 25th, 2012, under penalty of exclusion.
To be considered valid, all candidates must submit their applications using the online procedure. Applications submitted by mail or by post are not accepted.
Do not wait until the due date to apply! If you find you're missing some documents and have problems with internet connection you might not succeed in applying just in time. Even if you have to hand over any printed material, please, do it before the deadline: you may find a queue.
Incomplete applications, applications lacking the obligatory academic qualifications shall not be considered valid.
In Attachment "A" you can see the selection modalities, the calendar of the Examination Board and the final ranking date.
According to the evaluation of qualifications and each candidate’s academic profile, the Examination Board will draw up a merit-based ranking list for each single Area (Economics and Management) in which the candidate is assigned to a specific doctorate Course of the Graduate School of Economics and Management (GSEM), on the basis of the affinity between his/her curriculum and the specific research topics of each Course.
Within five workdays of the date of publication of the classification results on the university website (see Attachment “A”), on penalty of disqualification, admitted candidates must pre-enrol in the Research Doctorate assigned, following the specific online procedure, by accessing the reserved area, with the same credentials used to complete the application for admission to the competition, at the following location: “Servizi Segreteria Studenti - ESSE3 > Immatricolazione > Immatricolazione ai corsi ad accesso programmato”.
In this phase, the candidates concerned must upload a passport-sized photograph, a copy of a currently valid ID document and the enrolment fee payment receipt, according to the different enrolment fee payment procedure related to the university to which the candidate has been assigned.
Candidates who decline the position are requested to send notification of their decision to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of a candidate withdrawing before the beginning of the courses, the next-ranked eligible candidate, in the final ranking for Area will be admitted. Any PhD scholarship available as a result of the beneficiary’s withdrawal will be reallocated to eligible candidates according to their classification including candidates who declined a place without a scholarship. This implies that the newly allocated candidate must accept to enrol in the university bound to the place to be covered.
The candidates concerned will be exclusively notified via e-mail. Acceptance of the position must occur within five workdays of the notification, following the same procedures above.
For further information contact the Section Post Lauream of Student Administration Office.
After the pre-enrolment procedure, admitted candidates must fulfil the enrolment procedure at the university in which the Research Doctorate has its administrative and management office:
- for the enrolment procedure to the Research Doctorates of Ca' Foscari University of Venice the applicant is asked to link to: www.unive.it/graduateschool
- for the enrolment procedure to the Research Doctorates of the University of Padua the applicant is asked to link to: www.unipd.it/unipdWAR/page/unipd/studenti0/it_Book129_Page8
- for the enrolment procedure to the Research Doctorates of University of Verona the applicant is asked to link to: www.univr.it/jsp/default.jsp or to the Inter-University Doctoral School website www.sdem.univr.it/sdol/main