Tourism Economics and Management
Ca' Foscari University of Venice
The course in Economics and Management of Tourism, now in its 22nd edition, has been a Specialist Master's Programme since 2003. It is a programme of professional and personal development acknowledged as one of the most influential training courses in the field of tourism. The course focuses on:
- development of individual skills and professionalism — students embark on a high-level post-graduate training course and on a path of career guidance, a stimulating experience both for personal growth and interpersonal relationships;
- complete managerial training — the programme provides managerial, organisational and coordination competencies, both for the private and public sector, as well as planning and local development skills;
- links with the world of work — lectures with company representatives, development of case studies, interviews and internships allow students to begin building or redefine their career path;
- international prospects — outstanding features of this course are the participation of professors from some of the most prestigious international universities, the presence of graduates from a variety of countries, the possibility of internships abroad and a dual PhD degree agreement with the University of Vilnius;
- innovation — especially regarding the use of ICT in the tourism sector;
- promotion of cultural and environmental resources and of tourist destinations — the course is constantly focused on systemic and sustainable development issues, and in particular on the social and geographic dimensions of tourism which are becoming increasingly important;
- connection with research activities — constant updating on new approaches in the sector.
The teaching method involves formal and interactive lectures, contributions from corporate representatives, project work, team activities, case studies, and live projects. The classroom-based part of the course will be followed by an internship in leading private and public tourist companies to complete this high level training path.
After completing the course participants will be able to work throughout the tourism sector: for tour operators, airports, online agencies, hotels, cruise companies, consultancy firms, tourist offices (APT - Azienda di PromozioneTuristica) etc.
This Specialist Master's Programme trains graduates for leading positions in the following areas: sales, marketing, programming, human resource, food & beverage; room division management; quality control; resource promotion and enhancement.
Thanks to the competencies acquired, 98% of participants in past editions found a job within a year of ending the course.
Available places: 35
Duration of programme: one year
Period: November 2017 – October 2018
Teaching method: formal lecture
Location: Oriago di Mira (Venice) [map]
Deadline for application submission: September 25th, 2017
Enrolment fees: € 7,000
Grants/scholarships: full or partial scholarships covering the registration fee, if given, will be provided by the institution of the instructor
Teaching Office: tel. +39 041 234 6520, email@example.com
Information: Ca’ Foscari Challenge School, firstname.lastname@example.org