Ca' Foscari Buddy Programme
This programme is a useful support for international students visiting Venice and an interesting opportunity for Ca’ Foscari students, who can meet other people from Europe and from all over the world.
- Aims of the Buddy Programme
- Who is a Buddy?
- How does the international student find a Buddy?
- How does the Ca’ Foscari student become a Buddy?
Ca' Foscari Buddy Programme aims to give international students arriving in Venice a friendly, warm welcome and a point of reference while in Venice. Through this programme Ca’ Foscari University intends:
- to make the university experience more interesting and stimulating for Italian and international students alike;
- to facilitate university, social and cultural integration of international students upon their arrival and throughout their stay in Venice;
- to encourage intercultural and linguistic exchange.
A Buddy is a Ca’ Foscari student who acts as a mentor to an international student, devoting his/her free-time to facilitate integration into university life.
The Buddy helps the international student arriving in Venice to become familiar with university courses, with the various locations and services the university provides and with city life and its cultural environment. The Buddy can answer all kinds of questions regarding the university (classes, teachers, libraries, holidays, etc.), accommodation (lodging, rent, etc.), the city of Venice (public transports, sports facilities, nightlife, etc.), Italy (travelling, interesting sites, etc.). The Buddy can also help the incoming student with the registration at the International Relations Office and assist as an interpreter in case of need.
In order to find a Buddy the international student:
- should browse the database listing Ca’ Foscari students who have joined in the Buddy Programme, sent in attachment by the International Relations Office;
- after selecting a candidate, should contact the potential Buddy via e-mail specifying the period of stay in order to arrange the first meeting.
If, for any reason, the international student could not contact the Buddy before his/her arrival, he/she will have the chance to meet potential Buddies at the International Welcome Days or in occasion of the cultural events organised throughout the year.
The requirements to become a Buddy are:
- be currently enrolled at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice;
- have free-time available, depending on commitments and personal interests;
- knowledge of Venice and the university.
Ca’ Foscari students interested in becoming a Buddy shall complete and sign the proper application form and then send it by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the International Relations Office. The information provided in these forms will be sent to all the international incoming students.
Ca’ Foscari students will be contacted directly by the international student even before his/her arrival in Venice. Moreover, all the Buddies are invited to participate in the International Welcome Days and all the cultural events for international students organised throughout the year.
- April 30th, 2013 to apply for the first semester or entire academic year 2013/2014;
- October 30th, 2013 to apply for the second semester of 2013/2014 academic year.