Visiting Students Programme
- Visiting Students Programme
- Who can apply
- Deadlines and admission procedures
- Enrolment fees
- Educational activities available
- Facilities and charges
- Certifications and trascripts
Ca' Foscari University of Venice encourages international students' involvement by assigning them the status of Visiting Students. This status may be granted to the students enrolled at a foreign university who wish to spend a study or research period at Ca' Foscari.
The Visiting Student status can be assigned to:
- students not residing in Italy and enrolled in foreign universities, even if they have already taken part in mobility programmes, or are not included in the quotas defined by the Italian laws, who would like to take courses given by Ca' Foscari University.
These students shall be currently enrolled at their home institution:
- in a First Cycle Degree Programme requiring for entry the possession of a school leaving certificate;
- in a Second Cycle Degree Programme requiring for entry the possession of a First Cycle Degree, or an equivalent degree from a programme lasting at least 3 years.
- students not residing in Italy and enrolled in foreign universities who wish to conduct an independent research activity, whether aimed at completing a final thesis or not, in educational areas under study at Ca' Foscari or attend doctoral courses, under the guidance of an academic tutor.
These students shall be currently enrolled at their home institution in a Second Cycle or Third Cycle (i.e. Research Doctorate) Degree Programme. If the degree programme they are enrolled in is a Single Cycle Degree Programme, they shall be enrolled in at least the fourth yearof it.
The following documents shall be submitted along with the application form duly signed:
- passport copy (for EU students only, a valid identity card);
- a presentation letter written by the student in Italian or English stating his/her reasons for wanting to attend any educational activities at Ca' Foscari. This letter shall be co-signed by a professor from the student's home institution;
- a transcript of records, in Italian or in English;
- those students wishing to conduct an independent research activity shall produce a presentation letter in English or Italian written by a professor from the student's home institution identifying the research subjects to be studied at Ca' Foscari.
The applicant shall submit his/her application along with the above listed documents to the e-mail address email@example.com.
The application form should be submitted by the following deadlines:
- 1st semester (September-January) or the whole academic year: May 15th 2016
- 2nd semester (February-June): November 15th 2016
The Welcome Unit will then contact the candidates with an email containing all the details on the enrolment procedures.
In order to take part in the educational activities described before, the Visiting Student shall pay an enrolment fee, only after his/her application has been accepted by the Admission Committee and no later than the beginning of the semester at Ca' Foscari University.
- In order to take part in any course at Ca' Foscari, the Visiting Student shall pay the following enrolment fees:
- EUR 169.00 for each course worth 6 university credits or less;
- EUR 233.00 for each course worth 7 university credits or more, or for courses including a laboratory activity;
- As for research activities, the enrolment fee is EUR 450.00 for each research semester (even if the actual visit period is less than one semester).
- Visiting Students who wish to take part in any course at Ca' Foscari may attend classes and other educational activities of all First or Second Cycle Degree Programmes (they will be admitted to courses with limited enrolment only after verifying if any places are available).
For the list of the courses with lessons or other facilities in English (bibliography, final exam or student support in English), please visit this webpage.
For the list of all the courses provided by Ca' Foscari University and their syllabi, please visit this page.
- Visiting Students wishing to conduct an independent research activity, whether aimed at completing the final thesis of their degree programme, or partake in doctoral courses may request the guidance of a university tutor of Ca' Foscari by submitting a letter of presentation from a professor of their home institution.
For information about the educational activities of Ca' Foscari Graduate School, please visit the website page concerning PhD Programmes.
Please notice that the teaching language used in each course is indicated in the educational programmes as published annually and available on the university website. For those courses or research activities in the area of foreign languages or linguistics, educational activities may be conducted in the target language.
Visiting Students acquire the same rights and can take advantage of the same facilities as the other students of Ca' Foscari University: they can take final exams, use the libraries and computer laboratories of the University, take part in the student associations, have access to the university canteens at special prices, benefit from accident insurance, etc. Moreover they can ask for accommodation in Venice through the Housing Office of Ca' Foscari University.
Expenses for travel, meals, accommodation, health insurance and medical care are entirely the student's responsibility, as are expenses for books and all visas required to enter and stay in Italy.
- At the end of their study period at Ca' Foscari, Visiting Students who have taken exams at Ca' Foscari University will be able to ask the Welcome Unit for a certificate or transcript. Such a certificate will list the exams taken, number of university credits earned and other information necessary for the home institution to recognize and grant the student credits for the courses and other educational activities completed at Ca' Foscari. If issued by the Welcome Unit, the certificate requires a EUR 16.00 revenue stamp.
- Visiting Students conducting independent research activities can obtain a written declaration regarding the work done signed by his/her Ca' Foscari academic tutor. Upon request from the student's home university, said tutor can be invited for the discussion of the final thesis based on the student's research activity.
International Office - Welcome Unit