- Linguistic Society of America (LSA) Video Archive. Research by the name of the linguist (Chomsky, Crain, Hazen, Leben...) or by the topic (Historical Linguistics, Language Acquisition....). Quicktime Progressive Download format, or Real Media format.
- LinguistList audio and video area. "Topics range from aspects of computational linguistics research to fieldwork reports and personal experiences linguists have had while working on endangered languages."
- MIT World. Linguistics is a free and open site that provides on demand video of significant public events at MIT.
- Discover Linguistics: Exploring the world of language studies. Introduction to Linguistics (Phonetics and Phonology, Morphology, Sintax and Semantics, Sociolinguistics, etc.) by Memorial University of Newfoundland (Canada)
- The ideas of Chomsky - BBC Interview. Running 9:34
- Noam Chomsky, The Biology of the Language Faculty: Its Perfection, Past and Future. October 19, 2007.Running Time: 1:00:01
- Steven Pinker, Words and Rules: The Ingredients of Language. June 13, 2003. Running Time: 1:09:38
- "The Linguists" is an independent American documentary film about the extinction of languages (and associated cultures) throughout the world, screened at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival, the largest independent cinema festival in the US.
Reuters/Hollywood Reporter: "Indiana Jones' spirit certainly infects the intrepid heroes of "The Linguists." These are bold academics who plunge into the jungles and backwater villages of the world to rescue living tongues about to go extinct.There are more than 7,000 languages spoken in the world. Yet we lose a language every two weeks thanks to colonialization, globalization and indifference. David Harrison and Gregory Anderson are scientists in a race against time. They trek deep into sometimes dangerous territories to record nearly dead languages, a thing that is at the heart of culture and knowledge..." - Directed by Seth Kramer, Daniel A. Miller & Jeremy Newberger; 2008, 65 minutes.