Calls, lists and other documents
Part-time students already enrolled in the previous academic years
Part-time students enrolled in subsequent academic years
Students currently enrolled as part-time students in the subsequent academic years will be able to maintain this status where all of the previously described conditions declared are still valid. These students are required to pay 65% of the total amount of tuition fees due for full time students. They are also expected to pay, in addition to the minimum tax as established for all students by the academic bodies (EUR 195.00), the regional tax for student financial aid (EUR 140.00) and the stamp duty (EUR 14.62).
Please note: The amount of the regional tax for financial aid has been increased by Regione Veneto to Euro 140,00 in compliance with D.Lgs. 68/2012, by written notice on July, 31st 2012. The difference with the previous amount (Euro 111,00) corresponding to Euro 29,00 will be charged along with the second instalment.
Services offered for the A.Y. 2012/2013 to part-time students enrolled in the subsequent academic years
The university undertakes to guarantee part-time students that are enrolled in A.Y. 2012/2013
- first year, second part (for the students enrolled in A.Y. 2011/2012)
- second year, first part (for the students enrolled in A.Y. 2010/2011)
- second year, second part (for the students enrolled in A.Y. 2009/2010)
the following forms of on-line teaching and specialized services:
- classroom courses reserved for part-time students, to be attended in the late afternoon or Saturday morning (these courses are offered in addition to those of the official lecture timetable, provided there is a minimum number of students established by each Faculty);
- and/ or online courses or courses supported by proper multimedia means;
- and/or other suitable teaching facilities according to the specific features of any Degree Programme.
Full time students who intend to request Part-time student status
To be eligible to request part-time status students must:
- be enrolled for the A.Y. 2012/2013 on the second year or subsequent year of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree course (ex D.M. 270/2004) which foresees the possibility of part-time student status;
- have paid the first instalment of the university tuition and fees for the A.Y.2012/2013;
- be up to date with all course work and examinations.
Students may hold part-time student status, only where, at the time of request they possess the following conditions:
- candidates that are employed on a non-casual basis for a minimum six-month period out of the year, in any other type of documentable activities; such as subordinate work, self-employment or professional service, whether public or private;
- candidates that are continuously committed to assisting and looking after family members that are deemed as dependents due to age, physical and mental health reasons. According to the rules and regulations in force, family members include ascendants (up to the second degree), the candidate’s children and siblings up to the age of thirteen, and spouse;
- candidates diagnosed with an illness or a handicap that, without influencing their capacity of comprehension, physically prevents them from or advises against attending courses and lectures, and as a result unable to take regular exams as per full time students during any academic year.
The application form to request part-time student status should be sent via fax to 041 234 7579, together with a copy of a valid ID, from 30th of July to 12 October 2012.
The Student Administration office for part-time students (within the financial aid sector) will communicate via email to the candidates on whether their application has been successful, having verified all of the declared information.
Where the student satisfies the necessary requirements to be awarded part-time student status, enrolment on a Bachelor’s degree programme will be officially modified and will result in enrolment as a part-time student in the year of the course, based on of the number of credits held:
- 0 to 39 university credits –first year;
- from 40 to 99 university credits – second year;
- over 99 university credits – third year.
Students may benefit from the part-time student status for up to 6 years for those enrolled in the first year, up to four years for those enrolled in the second year, and up to 2 years for those enrolled in the third year.
In the case where the student is enrolled on a Master’s degree course and satisfies the necessary requirements to be awarded part-time student status, enrolment will be modified and will result in enrolment as a part-time student in the year of the course, based on the number of credits held:
- 0 to 39 university credits –first year;
- over 39 university credits – second year.
Students may benefit from the part-time student status for up to 4 years for those enrolled in the first year, and up to 2 years for those enrolled in the second year.
Please note: if you are enrolling in courses other than the first year, you must pay the first instalment of university tuition fees:
- using the MAV on demand card, (notice of payment via bank transfer) which can be found in the reserved area of the University website and is available from August 2012
- on line by accessing the Online fee payment webpage and using a Visa or Master Card credit card; confirmation of the payment will be sent by email.