How to apply
- Read carefully the Call for Application and the information about the PhD for which you want to apply (Attachment "A");
- Check the admission requirements (art. 3 and 4) listed in the Call and in Attachment "A";
- If you have obtained a degree abroad, please refer to art. 4 of the call and to the webpage concerning the admission requirements;
- Make sure you have the documents to be submitted online (allowed formats: pdf, doc, rtf, jpg, gif, png).
Should you need further assistance, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 0039 041 234 7575 (Call Centre)
How to fill in the application form online
- In case you have never been enrolled at Ca' Foscari University of Venice, you are firstly required to register online; you will then receive a username and a password.
- Fill in the application form by logging into your Reserved Area and following this path: Admission test > Registration > Phd courses.
- The degrees and publications must be submitted in electronic format and attached to the online application, along with a list of publications (Attachment "B"), no later than Tuesday, 22th March 2011 - at 12:30 p.m. The attached files must bear the candidate's surmane.
The following file extensions are accepted: pdf, doc, rtf, jpg, gif, png.
If the publications to be submitted are not available in electronic format or are particularly long, the candidate can submit them separately, along with a list of publications (Attachment "B"), no later than Tuesday, 22th March 2011 - at 12:30 p.m:
- by hand to the Enrolment and Student Welcoming office (Ufficio immatricolazioni e accoglienza studenti) of the Ca' Foscari University of Venice - Dorsoduro 3246, 30123 Venice (1st floor), during public opening times: Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, from 9.30am to 12.30pm; Wednesday also from 2.30pm to 4.30pm (no reservation is required);
- sent by letter or by private carrier company to Ca' Foscari University of Venice - Ufficio Protocollo Informatico, Dorsoduro 3246, 30123 Venezia. The postmark date will not be considered legally binding. On the envelope the following details must be clearly written:
Application for admission to Research doctorate in [please indicate the doctoral course]
- All documents shall be submitted in Italian or English, namely translated in Italian or English by the candidate. The qualifications submitted shall be obtained within the application deadline
- If a letter of recommendation is required in Annex "A", you can use this template. The referees have to submit the letters of recommendation directly, within 22nd March 2011.
- If your's academic degree has been earned in a foreign country, complete the online questionnaire ("Information about foreign qualification").
- For some calls a questionnaire can be submitted to express your preference. For example you can ask for a thematically bound scholarship or ask to take the oral exam via web-conference.
- Be sure to complete the online application: your application will be compiled when you'll see the button "Print application"
- It is not necessary to submit the application by hand or by mail.
Application must be fulfilled by Tuesday, 22nd March 2011 - at 12:30 p.m.
To be considered valid, all candidates must submit their applications using the online procedure as referred to in the above paragraph. Applications submitted by mail or by e-mail are not accepted.
Do not wait until the deadline to apply! You may have problems with internet connection and if you find you're missing some document, you may be unable to apply. Even if you have to hand over any printed material, try to avoid the days near the deadline: You may find a queue.
Applications that are incomplete or do not meet the obligatory qualifications shall not be considered.
Taking the exam: procedure and schedule
The information found in Attachment "A" determines the type of academic qualifications and any other requirements as stipulated by .
For each Doctorate programme, the files found in Attachment "A" indicates the exam procedure, the schedules and fixes the date when the shortlists will be published online.
On the following pages you will find all the information concerning the selections:
- the members of the Examination boards;
- the list of the applications submitted within the deadline;
- the results of each single examination and the list of candidates admitted to the oral exams (if any);
- the final lists of qualified students.
Each candidate who has qualified for admission to the programme, must notify his/her intent to enrol within 7 days from the date of the shortlist publication on the University website, and must send the following documents via fax, to the Enrolment and Student Welcoming office (Ufficio immatricolazioni e accoglienza studenti), to the number 0039 041 234 7969.
- Copy of the receipt of the online pre-enrolment;
- Receipt of payment of the first instalment of registration fee;
- Photocopy of a valid ID.
Should the candidate wish to turn down his/her place, declaration of this must be made in the form of an e-mail to email@example.com.
Should a candidate decline the offer of admission, he/she will be replaced by other eligible candidates following the ranking of the shortlist until all available places have been filled.
The doctoral scholarships which might result available, will be reassigned to the eligible candidates following the ranking of the shortlist. In this case the candidates, who had renounced the place without the grant, will be taken into consideration, too.
The shortlisted candidates will be informed of this exclusively via e-mail. Confirmation of acceptance must be given within 7 days of receipt.
For any further information concerning the confirmation of the post and the enrolment procedure, please visit this page.