|Academic year||2015/2016 Syllabus of previous years|
|Official course title||DIRITTO DELL'IMMIGRAZIONE SP.|
|Course code||FM0273 (AF:210879 AR:101830)|
|Modality||For teaching methods (in presence/online) please check the timetable|
|Degree level||Master's Degree Programme (DM270)|
|Educational sector code||IUS/13|
Explaining the framework of this subject, the course means to give the necessary tools to self-update, as it is requested in an interdisciplinary field that is often modified by the legislator, with the awareness that every social action directed to migrant person or family is influenced by administrative condition regarding her legal stay.
The didactic methodology provides for an exam and discussion of case law and jurisprudence about main current issues that arise the interest of social professions.
2. Common European Asylum System: historical evolution and current crisis. Definitions: constitutional asylum, refugee’s status, subsidiary protection and temporary protection. Humanitarian protection. Minor asylum applicant and victims of trafficking. The concept of stateless person. Procedures for international protection application, suspension and challenge.
3. National SPRAR system (Protection System for Refugees and Asylum Seekers). Immigration policy, procedures, detainment of international protection seekers. Jurisprudence about prohibition of inhuman and degrading treatments as limit to expulsion of irregular immigrant. European Regulation “Eurodac” e “Dublino III”: principles and exceptions. Case law analysis and discussion about European Regulation “Eurodac” and “Dublino III” and transferred people.
4. Family unity right and its protection according to Italian Constitution and ECHR. Family reunification ex art. 29 and ex art 30 Lgs. D. 286/98. Procedure to release. Relatives with previous penal convictions, expelled or known by Shengen. Foreigner wedding in Italy. Resident permit for family reunification for foreigners with Italian citizen.
5. Alien Minor. Conditions for impossibility to expel. Difficulties concerning the conversion of residence permit at the achievement of legal age. Parents’ impossibility to expulsion in case of pregnancy. Unaccompanied alien minor, identification and recognition of minor age. Openness of the protection and legal custody.
6. Entry and legal stay for work reasons. Three-year document and annual planning of entry flows. Residency contract and employer’s duties. Employment and seasonal work. Right to study and receive professional training. Self-employment and access to public sector employment.
7. Alien’s and European citizen’s removal from national territory. Refoulement in borders, expulsion, detention and to State border, accompanying to border. Expulsion revocation and re-entry. Shengen reporting system. Impossibility to expel cases and permanent regularization measures. Crimes related with irregular immigration and employment of irregular immigrants. Alien in penal execution law. Protection of alien victims of crime. Beneficiary persons and different kinds of protection for victim of trafficking according to art. 18 T.U.I.
8. Civil and social rights. Registration of non-European citizens. Right to health. Access to social services, care and welfare beneficiaries. Principle of reciprocity in private law.
9. Protection against discriminations. Anti-discrimination law in International and European legal system. Implementation of Directive 2000/43/Ue. Jurisdictional protection.
10. Citizenship. Requirements for the acquisition of Italian citizenship. Adoption of adult persons.
- Lecture notes, material for reference or for self-assessment available online or as e-book