SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION LAB.
|Academic year||2017/2018 Syllabus of previous years|
|Official course title||LABORATORIO DI AMMINISTRAZIONE DI SISTEMA|
|Course code||CT0157 (AF:212569 AR:97052)|
|Modality||On campus classes|
|Degree level||Bachelor's Degree Programme|
|Educational sector code||INF/01|
|Moodle||Go to Moodle page|
Some of the topics covered include hardware configuration (client and server), network planning, operating system installation, account management, shell programming, security policies, backup deployment, network services installation and maintenance, operating system tuning. Common techniques for breaching system security, and methods of defense against such attacks, will be emphasized.
Another purpose of this course is to give students practical experiences with the principles being conveyed.
- a refresh of the basic skills of a system administrator, as the technical aspects (hardware, software, infrastructure) and customer-managerial aspects (communication, policy, planning)
- overview of the two most diffused network operating systems and how they relate to system administration
- basic principles of Linux and Windows installation and operation
- advanced procedures of N.O.S. management
- use of scripts to automate routine tasks in system administration
- basic issues in computer and network security
2. Refreshing: basic hardware configuration of the computers (client and server)
3. Refreshing: architecture and management of a network
4. Refreshing: wireless networks and their integration with cabled
5. Network Services
6. Installing Windows Server
7. Installing Linux Operating Systems
8. Shell scripting
9. Linux and Windows administration
10. Advanced system administration procedures
11. Process Management and System maintenance
12. Network Security
Project on one of the course topics and / or oral exam
Typical network services proposed are: SSH + LDAP, HTTP static with remote administration, LAMP, SAMBA + LDAP, EMAIL.
- Lecture notes, material for reference or for self-assessment available online or as e-book
- E-learning, moodle platforms
- Use of open-source software