The textbook for this class is Tadelis (2013). The second reference is the source for the
material on which the essay is going to be based.
• S. Tadelis (2013), Game Theory: An Introduction, Princeton University Press.
• R.. Gibbons and J. Roberts (2013), The Handbook of Organizational Economics,
Princeton University Press.
There are several alternative presentations, with different degrees of difficulty. Here are a
few suggestions, as well as a good source of solved exercises (available only in Italian, alas).
• G.A. Jehle and P.J. Reny (2011), Advanced Microeconomic Theory, third edition,
Addison-Wesley.[Chapters 7 and 9.]
• M. Maschler, E. Solan and S. Zamir (2013), Game Theory, Cambridge University
• M.J. Osborne and A. Rubinstein (1994), A Course in Game Theory, The MIT Press.
• M. LiCalzi (1995), Teoria dei Giochi, Etas-Kompass. (Collection of solved exercises.)
Summer reading (Required)
• S. Tadelis (2013), Game Theory: An Introduction, Princeton University Press. [Part I
and Chapter 19.]
Summer reading (Recommended)
• S. Tadelis (2013), Game Theory: An Introduction, Princeton University Press. [Part II.]