The whole course (12 CFU) is composed of two parts:
- Profit maximization for price-taking firms
- Competitive equilibrium
- Market intervention: taxes and subsidies, price floors
- Monopoly: equilibrium and deadweight loss. Regulation
- Pricing policies: perfect price discrimination, two-part tariffs, multimarket discrimination.
- Game theory: dominance and Nash equilibrium, dynamic games.
- Oligopoly: Bertrand, Cournot and Stackelberg models, collusion.
For the first part of the course please consult the web-page related to Principles of Economics 1.