1. Relational DBMS Architectures: Persistent memory and buffer management; File structures in secondary memory; Access methods management in DBMSs; Transaction management; Concurrency in DBMSs; Physical operators for relational DBMSs; Query optimization techniques; Physical Design, Tuning and Maintenance of relational databases.
2. Main concepts of data warehousing; Introduction to Analytic SQL.
2. Not Only SQL: Graph Databases; XML Databases; Key-Value Stores; Document Databases; Column Stores; Extensible Record Stores; Object Databases.
3. Distributed Database Systems: Data Fragmentation, Replication and Syncronization, Consistency
4. Other technologies: Linked Data and SPARQL, Data Stream Management, Geographic Information Systems, In-Memory Databases, NewSQL.