Full Name: Ferruccio Bresolin
Date and place of birth:
November 23, 1935 - Trieste (Italy)
Marital Status Married; 1 son
University address School of Economics, Languages and Entrepreneurship
Ca' Foscari University
Riviera Santa Margherita, 78
31100, Treviso, ITALY
Private address Rivale Filodrammatici, 3
31100, Treviso, ITALY
Phone: +39 0422 5834769
Mobile: +39 348 3106903
Since 1980, Full Professor of International Economic Policy, Department of Economic Sciences, Faculty of Economics, Ca' Foscari University, Venice.
Retired In the year 2009.
Scientific Director of Master in Banking and Entrepreneurship organised by Unicredit Group and Fondazione Cassamarca, Conegliano (TV).
Member of the Board of Fondazione Cassamarca.
FORMER ACADEMIC POSITIONS AND ACTIVITIES
November-december 2012 Visiting Professor, University of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia.
From 2002-2009, Head of Interdepartmental Centre on Culture and Economy of Globalization, Treviso branch, Ca' Foscari University, Venice.
From 2000-2002, Head of Dept. of Economics, Ca’ Foscari University.
From 1996-2002, Dean of the University Program in Foreign Trade and International Economics,
Ca' Foscari University.
From 1993 to 2010, Senior lecturer at the Italian Institute for foreign Commerce (ICE) Master courses.
In the 90’s, Member of the Scientific Committee on PhD on Law and Economics of Bologna University.
From 1961 to 1980 Assistant Professor at Ca’ Foscari University.
He has been teaching economics at the Universities of Padua, Perugia and Udine.
Visiting Professor at the Universities of Berkeley (1986) and Moscow(1990).
PROFESSIONAL AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
- Member of the Board of Fondazione Cassamarca (bank foundation, since 1998);
- From 2005-2013 member of the Scientific Committee for Regional Territorial Master Plan (Veneto region);
- Ethics and Economics Foundation;
- Actual member of the International Institute "Jacques Maritain";
- From 27/03/2008 to 28/04/2011, Director of the Supervising Board of Ascopiave;
- From 11/09/2006 to 24/05/2008, member of the Board of multi-utility Ascopiave;
- From 2001 to 2003 advisor for Veneto Region on Law on industrial clusters;
- In the 80’s and 90’s member of the scientific committees on the drawing up of regional development plans and advisor for territorial plans of several provinces in Veneto;
- In the 90’s member of the Scientific Committee of the Union of Chambers of Commerce of Veneto region;
- Advisor for the Veneto Region for industrial policy and strategic economic planning.
At international level, he has taken part in international teams in order to draw up plans for development of infrastructures: Algeria (1976, Masterplan for the City of Skikda), Venezuela (1972-1973 Railways project).
He also participated in the economic assessment of the project for the free industrial zone of Trieste (based on the Osimo Treaty).
Highly indebted poor countries, relations between economic development and financial structure, financial crisis, local development and productivity, innovation and its financing, globalization and poverty in high income countries, tourism and economic development.
Treviso, january 2014