Here at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, the Welcome Unit helps every international student, professor or staff member in need of support for their new adventure. From visa requests to social events, the Unit’s job is to make your life here easier. The staff will receive you upon appointment in the beautiful Ca’ Foscari palace, the heart of the University - all you need to do is book an appointment online. Find out which services are offered and stop stressing about your future experience in Italy!
- You won’t ever feel alone thanks to your buddy! A “Buddy” is a Ca’ Foscari student who acts as a mentor to international students and facilitates their integration into university and city life. Your Buddy will help you familiarize with university courses, various locations, cultural and social life. You can pick out and contact the buddy of your choice from a list provided by the Unit before your arrival.
- From January 28 to February 1 2018, all incoming international students will get the warmest of welcomes at the Venice Marco Polo Airport, where a desk will be waiting for them, giving assistance and answers to every question before even reaching the city!
- Soon after your arrival in Italy, you will be greeted with the “Welcome day”, an event where you'll be introduced to the Welcome Unit and the University in general. During the day, you’ll also receive a “Welcome kit” - a personalized tote bag filled with everything you might need to orient yourself to Venice such as useful information, personal tax code and signed certificates.
- Are you getting lost in all that bureaucracy? The Welcome Unit offers you support for a number of essential operations and applications like visa request, residence permit, tax code, SSN registration and INPS registration. Booking an appointment is really simple, you just need to visit the Unit’s webpage and choose the service you require.
- The Italian University system seems impossible to navigate? Don’t worry, the Unit will also support you with recognition of academic titles and courses registration and enrolment. Becoming a Ca’ Foscari student has never been easier!
- The Welcome Unit cares about your social life and it organizes special events for international students and their buddies, where you can meet fellow students, share experiences and have fun!
- Chinese and Japanese students will benefit from an exclusive help desk at the Welcome Unit, with staff that speaks their language. Moreover, they also get a special list of buddies who can speak Chinese or Japanese.
Make sure to check out the Welcome Guide for more information
Take a look at our courses and choose Ca’ Foscari University of Venice for your studies!