If you are a student, you can take advantage of a good number of exclusive discounts for young people. Dive into the artistic and cultural world of Venice without breaking the bank! Here are some tips:
- Musei Civici di Venezia: Students up to 25 years of age can purchase a “Museum pass” which will allow them to visit all the museums in the network (like the Doge’s Palace, Museo Correr, Ca’ Pesaro and the Museum of Natural History) at a discounted price. Those who reside in Venice can enter for free.
- State Museums: from the Gallerie dell’Accademia featuring priceless artworks by artists of the likes of Canova, Canaletto and Giorgione to the fascinating National Archeological Museum of Venice, all the MiBAC museums are free entrance every first Sunday of the month, while European Union citizens aged 18 to 25 can benefit from a discounted ticket every day.
- Peggy Guggenheim Collection: hosted in the Venier dei Leoni Palace, the Venetian headquarters of this world famous collection posses a permanent selection of masterpieces by art superstars like Kandinsky, Picasso, Dalì and Magritte. Don’t miss its numerous temporary exhibitions and the “HappySpritz@Guggenheim”, an event held every spring that brings together music, art and social medias. People up to 26 years of age can benefit from a discounted entrance fee. They can also purchase the “Guggenheim Young Pass” which grants them unlimited free entrance for a year, exclusive events and discounts on movie and theatre tickets.
- Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana: The venetian headquarters of the Pinault Collection, one of the most prominent art collections in the world, host numerous temporary exhibitions, with artwork by influential modern artists like Damien Hirst, Jeff Koons and Takashi Murakami. Besides benefitting from a reduced single entrance fee, people aged 20 to 26 can purchase the “Young Card” and take advantage of a number of perks like free exhibitions, private tours, preferential access and further discounts on a selected number of movie theatres and museums.
- Casa dei Tre Oci: A gallery on the Giudecca island hosting important photography exhibitions. Ca’ Foscari students and Alumni can purchase tickets at only 6 euros.
- Churches of the Chorus network: the network is comprised of a number of religious buildings scattered all across the city, some of which are genuine treasure chests for art, with pieces by Tintoretto, Canova, Tiziano and Tiepolo. All students up to 29 years of age can benefit from a discount on the purchase of all-inclusive passes or single tickets.
- Teatro la Fenice and Teatro Malibran: these two historical Venetian theatres offer a number of discounts and promos to students up to 26 years of age. Not only can young people benefit from a price reduction on single and season tickets, but they can also access to the “Students last minute” promo, which allows students from Ca’ Foscari and IUAV to purchase 2 tickets for 10 euros each, 20 minutes before the show (subject to availability).
- Goldoni Theatre: discounted single and season tickets for people up to 26 years of age.
But young people have even more opportunities to save some money: by requesting the “CartaGiovani”, those who live, study or work in Venice and are 29 or under, can benefit from discounts on museums, restaurants, sport centers and more.