With 20% of foreign PhD students, a variety of international doctoral programs, 35 students supervised by international tutors and 100 joint agreements with 70 universities from all over the world, each year we strive to widen the global scope of our PhD programmes.
Among the news for the 2020/2021 academic year, we have the first international PhD in collaboration with a business school, Skema (France), for the PhD programme Management, and development in the partnership with the prestigious University of Heidelberg, which currently involves 10 PhD students in Asian and North African studies as part of the Department of Excellence project.
In hopes of further developing its international stature, Ca’ Foscari has opened a new call to select PhD students for the 36th cycle, starting in the 2020/2021 academic year. You have until May 27th to to submit your application to one of our 14 PhD programmes, as well as to one of the 95 scholarships that the university can offer thanks to competitive funding lines, other universities and research institutions and ERC research projects.
The university will invest a total of 7,5 million euros in three-year and four-year scholarships.
PhD programmes at Ca' Foscari
The call for applications is now open for the following PhD programmes:
- Law, Market and Person, in partnership with Astrakhan State University, Russia (International PhD)
- Economics, in partnership with Eurizon Capital SGR SpA (Industrial PhD)
- Philosophy and Educational Sciences, in partnership with Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, France (International PhD)
- Computer Science, in partnership with Masarykova Univerzita, Czech Republic (International PhD), and with Cimolai SpA and Explora Biotech Srl (Industrial PhD), in collaboration with the Italian Institute of Technology - IIT - Center for Cultural Heritage and Technology
- Italian Studies in partnership with Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt, Austria (International PhD)
- Modern Languages, Cultures and Societies and Linguistics, in partnership with Université Paris Sorbonne, France and with the University of Primorskem, Slovenia (International PhD)
- Management, in partnership with SKEMA Business School, France (International PhD) and with H-FARM SpA (Industrial PhD)
- Science and Management of Climate Change, in collaboration with the Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change - CMCC
- Science and Technology of Bio and Nanomaterials, in partnership with the National Cancer Institute (Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, CRO) in Aviano, the Kyoto Institute of Technology - KIT, Japan (International PhD) and Explora Biotech Srl (Industrial PhD)
- Environmental Sciences, in partnership with Tech Universal (Industrial PhD)
- Ancient Heritage Studies, in partnership with the University of Trieste and the University of Udine (Interuniversity PhD) and in collaboration with the Italian Institute of Technology - IIT - Center for Cultural Heritage and Technology
- Polar Sciences, in collaboration with the National Research Council - CNR (in partnership with the University of Milano-Bicocca
- History of Arts, in partnership with the Russian State Institute for Art Studies, Moscow (International PhD)
- Asian and African Studies, in partnership with the University of Heidelberg, Germany (International PhD)
Furthermore, Ca’ Foscari takes part in two PhD programmes offered by other universities:
- Chemistry, Interuniversity PhD programme supervised by the University of Trieste
- Historical, Geographical and Anthropological Studies, Interuniversity PhD programme supervised by the University of Padua.
Information on the call:
- The deadline for application has been postponed to Wednesday, May 27th, 1.00 pm (Italian time)
- Candidates who submitted their application for the PhD programmes in Law, Market and Person and in Ancient Heritage Studies will undergo an evaluation process based on qualifications and an oral exam, which substitutes the written exam that was previously required and will thus focus on the same topics.
- After the qualification evaluation, the oral exam will be carried out through a video interview, following the instruction that will be published on June 8th, 2020.
- The schedule of the selection process and the members of the evaluation boards will be published on Ca’ Foscari’s website on June 8th.
- The selection process will start on June 29th.
More information on our PhD programmes here.