European Computer Science (ECS)
Students enrolled in the Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science have the opportunity to obtain a double degree in European Computer Science (ECS) at one of the Universities (including Ca’ Foscari University) which have joined the European Computer Science Consortium:
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW Hamburg - Germany),
- Universidad de Burgos (Spain),
- Istituto Politécnico de Coimbra (Portugal),
- Université Paul Verlaine - Metz/Nancy (France),
- Université François Rabelais - Tours/Blois (France),
- West University of Timișoara (Romania),
- Turun ammattikorkeakoulu - Turku University of Applied Sciences (Finland).
The Double Degree in European Computer Science has the advantage of providing:
- a foundation for entering into not only the local but also the international job market, improving job opportunities in an ever more increasingly global context;
- the opportunity to study in a cosmopolitan and multicultural context;
- internships abroad in international organisations.
Students enrolled at Ca’ Foscari spend their first two years at Ca’ Foscari and then choose one of the Universities mentioned above for their third year. In order to be admitted into the third year abroad students must have obtained 120 credits from courses taken in their first two years by the summer session (June) of their second year.
First or second year students of the Bachelor's degree in Computer Science may apply.
How to apply
To be able to participate in the selection process, it is necessary to apply following the procedures and deadlines reported in the call for applications, published annually.
Double/joint degree selection results will be published on this webpage according to the specific timeline mentioned in the Annex A.
Calls and forms
|Ranking list [ITA]||192 K|
Your study plan for the ECS degree requires you to study the language of the host country during your third year, as well as computer science courses.
The third year courses for Universities in the Consortium are available online at the ECS website.
Scholarships and university fees
Students enrolled in the ECS degree can apply for an Erasmus scholarship dedicated to ECS students, to which the University can contribute annually. ECS students pay the University fees normally required to Ca’ Foscari, even if studying abroad.
Degree and bonus points
As for other Double/Joint Degrees, bonus points are not assigned for internships / stages abroad (for more information see the webpage Degree Examination - Bachelor's Degree Programmes). However, you are allowed to reduce your degree period by one year thereby having the possibility of attaining a bonus for early completion.
Your Italian title will be awarded during the first possible graduation session following your reception of your international qualification. In order to receive this title you must provide a graduation certificate with the exams passed while abroad (the certificate must be in English).
Last update: 25/02/2021