If you hold an international qualification, before starting the application process please make sure you have completed the pre-evaluation procedure and that you have all the requirements for international students.
If you have a disability or an SLD (specific learning disability), you can request support for the admission test (when required) and specific support services during your studies.
Admission to the degree programme in Digital Management is subject to the possession of one of the following qualifications:
- five-year high school diploma;
- four-year high school diploma with supplementary year; in case of absence of the supplementary year, admission to the degree programme is subject to the assessment of the competent Teaching College;
- European Baccalaureate title (or European high school licence) obtained in European Schools located in Italy.
Furthermore admission is of limited access and expect candidates to carry out a test that, as well as ensuring the possession of an adequate initial preparation, gives access to the admission shortlist: in fact, enrolment is conditioned by the position of a candidate on the ranking list.
For access, moreover, certificated understanding of English language at level B2, at least, is required.
For 2023/2024 academic year, there will be 2 selection process sessions: one in the spring and one in the summer.
All the relevant information on how to pre-register, select and enrol will be included in the call for applications.
The admissions procedure for the spring selection occurs as follows:
- taking the TOLC-E exam and online pre-registration to Ca’ Foscari selection;
- updating a motivational video;
- inclusion on the ranking list;
- place acceptance and payment of the pre-enrolment fee;
- online enrolment and first payment of taxes and university contributions.
If you are a candidate with a disability or with DSA, you can make use of individualized procedures for taking the test
All the specific information on the available assistance is in the admission announcement and on the services for disabled and DSA students webpage; the request is present during the TOLC-E registration.
Taking the TOLC-E test
The process of taking the TOLC-E test is as follows:
- signing up for the test on the CISIA [ITA] website;
- payment of the contribution to the university to the test equal to 30,00 Euros following the process indicated on the CISIA website when signing up for the TOLC-E.
Admissions test simulator [ITA]
Dates and locations
You can take the TOLC-E through any of the Italian universities making use of this testing platform. You can find a list of these institutions and the dates in which they are offering the test in the calendar of testing dates.
Ca' Foscari is offering the TOLC-E via the TOLC@CASA – or TOLC@HOME – service. The dates are as follows:
- March 28th, 29th and 30th;
- April 4th, 5th, 6th, 26th, 27th and 28th.
Before you register to take the TOLC@CASA, be sure to check that you can satisfy the technical requirements for taking the test remotely and read the test regulations.
For additional information about registering to take the TOLC-E, please contact the Help Desk via telephone or email.
Please note: You do not have to take the TOLC-E through Ca’ Foscari! You can register to take the test via any of the universities offering it and your results will be used in the evaluation of your candidancy for your chosen programme(s) at Ca’ Foscari.
In order to take part in the first selection round, you need to have taken the TOLC-E any time between January 2022 and midnight on 2nd May 2023.
How is the test structured?
The composition of the test and required understanding is reported on the CISIA website on the dedicated page.
I’m having problems with TOLC-E enrollment: who should I contact?
Check whether your question is answered in the Frequently Asked Questions [IT] page on the CISIA website: if you need more support you can contact the Help Desk [IT].
Is the TOLC@CASA and the TOLC at university the same?
Yes, they are equally valid. The only difference is how the test is provided.
I have seen that I can take the TOLC-E test more than once: how often is it possible to take this test?
The TOLC-I can only be taken once a month (solar month) irrespective of which institute you take the test in or modality.
I am interested in a programme/curriculum taught in English: do I have to take the TOLC-E test in English?
No, you can take the test in Italian but you will have to certify a B2 level of knowledge of English.
If I take the TOLC-E test more than once, which result will be considered?
Your best result will be considered.
I have already taken the TOLC-E test: can this be used for the Ca’ Foscari selection process?
Yes, but only if you have taken the test since January 2022.
Is the payment for contribution to enrolment expected?
Yes: enrolment for the test to undertake the TOLC-E requires the payment of a contribution equal to 30.00 Euros.
Pre-registering to the Ca’ Foscari selection process
Pre-registering to the Ca’ Foscari selection process will come into effect from 15th March until 2nd May 2023 and allows you to be placed in the ranking of results achieved from taking the TOLC-E test. If you have taken the test more than once, your best result will be considered.
The procedure is completely online and requires the following steps:
- Registration on the University website;
- Access the Personal Area of the website with your SPID account and selection "Admission test".
Once you have concluded the pre-registration process you will receive a confirmation email to the email address stated in the registration process.
Verification and fulfillment of OFA (Additional Learning Requirements)
To access the degree programmes, an adequate understanding of mathematics and English at level B2, at least, is required.
In particular, the admissions test also operates as a verification of the Additional Learning Obligations (OFA) for Mathematics. In case of failure, or if you achieve a mark lower than 5 as a sum of the marks obtained from the 13 mathematics questions, you will be assigned an OFA.
In cases of attributing an OFA in Mathematics, it will not be possible to pass any other examinations in business administration, economics, mathematics or statistics before fulfilling the OFA. If the OFA has not been completed by September 30th 2024, you will not be able to take any exams in any field until completion.
Candidates who passed a SAT test with a score of 535 or more out of 800 in the “Sat Math” or a GMAT test with a score of 42 or more out of 60 in the “GMAT Quantitative” are exempted from the Additional Learning Requirement (OFA) in Mathematics.
English language at level B2, at least, will have to be guaranteed from the moment of enrolment through the presentation of obtained certificates or possible titles: see the specific web page to consult the list of linguistic certifications and cases of exemption. Otherwise, you will not be able to enrol.
Students who enrol in a subsequent year to their first one (e.g. change of University, change of degree programme within Ca’ Foscari, enrolment with credit recognition) must have fulfilled the Additional Learning Requirements (OFA) by the time of the enrolment. It is not possible to take any exam until the OFA has been fulfilled.
All applicants must upload a motivational video on H-FARM platform by 2nd May 2023.
The video must contain a brief presentation of the candidate, all the information is contained in the call for applications.
Place acceptance of successful candidates placed on the ranking list will be carried out by 15th May 2023: according to what is required on the selection announcement. Possible remaining vacant spots after the place acceptance can be re-assessed.
The procedure consists of two parts:
- completion of the online pre-matriculation form;
- Payment of the tuition fees: The payment must be carried out using the PagoPA system, clicking on the payment button when finishing the registration procedure. The contribution cannot be reimbursed in any case.
Failure to comply with the deadline specified above results in loss of the right of registration: if you encounter any problems, send a request by accessing the link www.unive.it/faqsforstudents before the deadline.
Enrolment of candidates that have correctly completed their place acceptance for the spring selection will take place from the 3rd July to 31st of July 2023.
The process of enrolment consists of two parts:
- Completion of the online pre-matriculation form;
- Payment of the first installment of the tuition fees and university taxes: The payment must be carried out using the PagoPA system, clicking on the payment button when finishing the registration procedure.
The contribution cannot be reimbursed in any case.
Failure to comply with the deadline specified above results in loss of the right of registration: if you encounter any problems, send a request by accessing the link: www.unive.it/faqsforstudents before the deadline.
Processing registration form
Accepting the place and payment of the first instalment does not mean that the student is automatically enrolled. Enrolment will be developed by the Enrolment Unit and communicated via email.
For students who have obtained a degree outside Italy, enrolment will be possible only after the pre-evaluation procedure. For more information please contact the Welcome Unit.
Remember that it is possible to enrol in a degree programme requesting again for:
- recognition of formative activities already carried out;
- status of part-time student;
- status of student-athlete;
- the economic treatment dedicated to students with a disability;
- simultaneous enrolment.
Enrolment with ECTS Accreditation
In order to enrol with credit recognition, make the internal transition or transfer from another university, you must ask for the evaluation of the exams already taken and the release of the credits recognition sheet.
For admission to the year following the first, in addition, you have to be assigned a place: all the information is published in the final part of this page.
Enrolment with credit recognition
You may enrol in a Degree Programme requesting accreditation for the following previous studies and training activities:
- Bachelor/Master's Degrees, or Master's Diplomas;
- incomplete University studies as a result of withdrawal, lapsed status;
- single courses;
- Internship/traineeships/previous employment;
- simultaneous enrolment.
The year of enrolment is determined on the basis of the number of University Credits (CFU) you have been awarded:
- Up to 47: admission to 1st year. You have to take the TOLC-E exam and pre-register to Ca’ Foscari selection. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2023/2024.
- From 48 to 107: admission to 2nd year: you will need to apply for a place. You also need to verify you have the prerequisite basic knowledge and that you satisfy the OFA requirements (Obblighi Formativi Aggiuntivi – Additional Learning Requirements) at the time of enrolment. You will not be able to sit for exams until these requirements have been met in full. All information can be found on the OFA pages on the ‘Study’ drop-down menu. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2022/2023;
- From 108 or more: admission to 3rd year: you will need to apply for a place. You also need to verify that you have the prerequisite basic knowledge and that you satisfy the OFA requirements at the time of enrolment. You will not be able to sit for exams until these requirements have been met in full. All information can be found on the OFA pages on the ‘Study’ drop-down menu. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2021/2022.
Enrolment with recognition of credits is subject to the fee payment of 300.00 euros. The payment invoice will be provided upon confirmation of enrolment.
You are not obliged to pay if you request credit transfer from activities undertaken previously at Ca' Foscari (for example single courses) if the code of the lectures corresponds to that required by the study plan. In the case that some lectures do not fall among those indicated in the study plan, and are thus entered as free exams, you will have to pay the fee of 300.00 euros.
Enrolment with credit recognition is not allowed to students concurrently enrolled in another University course and for which suspension has been requested.
Intra-university transfer and transfer from another university
The year of enrolment is established according to the number of university credits (ECTs) recognised:
- up to 47: admission to 1st year of the programme. No intra-university transfers/transfers from another university are permitted during the first year of limited admission study programme. You have to take the TOLC-E exam and pre-register to Ca’ Foscari selection and, if you obtain a place on the shortlist, withdraw from the study programme in which you are enrolled and re-enrol again;
- from 48 to 107: admission to 2nd year of the programme. You will need to apply for a place and check any possible indications specified in the relative Call for Admissions. Furthermore, you must ensure that you possess the basic understanding specified for each study programmes and have fulfilled all outstanding OFA requirements at the moment of enrolment; you will not be able to take any exams until they are fulfilled. You can find all the information on the page dedicated to OFAs in the "Study" menu.
- from 108 and above: admission to 3rd year of the programme. You will need to apply for a place and any possible indications specified in the respective Calls for application. Furthermore, you must verify that you possess the basic understanding required for each study programme, as well as having fulfilled any OFAs at the moment of registration: you will not be able to take any exams until they have been fulfilled. You will find all the information on the page dedicated to OFAs in the "Study" menu.
There are two deadlines for requesting the issue of the record, to be used in the procedure for assigning the place in a year following the first:
- from 2nd May to 26th June 2023;
- by 21st August 2023.
If you enrol in the first year, however, you will have to request the form at least 15 days before the enrolment deadline, as specified in the call for applications: in fact, when filling in the enrolment application, you will have to attach the approved form.
Please refer to the Economics Campus for accreditation in studies in the field of Economics, to the Treviso Campus for Degree programme in International Trade and Tourism.
You are required to submit:
- a signed self-certification form listing exams. Please indicate for each exam: the name of the Course of study and class, the name of the University, the name of individual exams taken with their scientific area and weight in credits, the mark and the exam date. Please verify if self-certification is available in your University Reserved Area: if it is not available or, if all the required data is not listed, you may use the forms on this page;
- any exam programmes in your possession.
Requests for accreditation are to be submitted to the Campus which will then be subject to evaluation by the Teaching Committee. Once approved, the Accreditation Form will be sent to you via e-mail. Please remember to sign the form.
|Self-certification form of the educational qualifications achieved/exams taken||10.45 M|
|Self-certification form of withdrawal/forfeiture from studies and exams taken [ITA]||5.11 M|
Warning! For the request for internal transfer there is no need to attach the self-certification. However, remember to report any exams that are not yet recorded.
Credit recognition forms
Please note that it is not possible for you to fill in the credit recognition form on your own, unless you require the recognition of exams previously taken at Ca’ Foscari; in this case, the exams must have the same course code listed on the study plan of the programme in which you are enrolling (e.g. recognition of single courses taken at Ca’ Foscari).
|First year [ITA]||114 K|
|Second Year [ITA]||115 K|
|Third year [ITA]||114 K|
Assignment of the place for enrolment in a year following the first year
In case of recognition of over 47 CFU, you will have to apply for a place: admission to a year following the first of a limited -access programme is in fact subject to the availability of places.
- For the places available published on 15th June 2023
- application for a place: from 10th July to 13th July 2023
- publication of the ranking: 21st July 2023
- For the places available published on 10th August 2023
- application for a place: from 29th August to 31st August 2023
- publication of the ranking: 5th September 2023
The ranking will be drawn up on the basis of the evaluation of the CV and motivation letter.
In the event of successful application, for the first round, you will have to complete the enrolment or transition by 31st July 2023, under penalty of losing the assigned place. If you request clearance for transfer from another university, however, you will receive all the instructions by e-mail.
To apply for a place for the first round, you must log in to the reserved area, select the "Evaluation test" and choose "Ammissione agli anni successivi al primo dei corsi ad accesso programmato". The procedure will be open from July 10th 2023.
You must attach:
- your credits recognition sheet;
- self-certification of having taken the exams for which you have been awarded credits;
- your CV;
- a motivation letter;
- an identity document.
Warning! The procedure allows you to submit the application, in order of preference, for a maximum of three courses: if you enter more than one preference, you will have to attach the credit recognition sheet for each chosen course.
If you have never been a student at Ca’ Foscari you will have to:
- register on the website;
- access your personal area using your SPID account.
Last update: 21/03/2023