Candidates in possession of the following requirements, regardless of age or nationality, may apply to participate in the competition:
- "Laurea specialistica" or "laurea magistrale" (second cycle degree);
- or degree awarded under the system ("ordinamento") in place prior to the one introduced by Ministerial Decree (D.M.) no. 509 of 03 November 1999, amended by Ministerial Decree (D.M.) no. 270 of 22 October 2004;
- or second-level academic qualification ("titoli accademici di secondo livello") awarded by institutions belonging to the AFAM ("Alta Formazione Artistica e Musicale") sector;
- or a Master's degree awarded abroad, recognised as such in advance solely for the purpose of admission to the competition.
The information found in Attachment "A" determines the type of academic qualifications and any other requirements as stipulated by each PhD Programme.
Applications from students already enrolled in PhD Programmes of the Ca' Foscari University of Venice or, in case of Inter-University PhD programme, in the Universities affiliated will not be considered valid.
Knowledge of the English language B2 level
As indicated on the art. 3, clause 6 of the call, all PhD students are required to have certified English proficiency at least B2 level at the time of enrolment, except for the possibility of acquiring it subsequently, but and not later than December 31st following the date of first enrollment, otherwise they will be excluded from the PhD programme.
Before the enrollment, the student can:
- obtain a certificate from an official certifying body or a certificate from a university language training center included in the list displayed in the section recognized certifications
- fall within one of the exemptions set out in the section case studies
- support the B2 English language test at the CLA with the tariffs set by the CLA Board.
After the registration (and not later than December 31st following the date of enrollment), the student can:
- support the B2 English language test, free of charge up to twice at the CLA
- attend, within the limits of available seats, a course in the presence free under the regular schedule of the CLA; at the end of the course when there is scheduled a test that is equivalent to the B2 English language test. Additional courses will eventually be provided by the CLA for a fee
- obtain a certificate from an official certifying body or a certificate from a university language training center included in the list displayed in the section recognized certifications.
For recognition, the certifications that will be delivered via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; in case of certifications obtained at the CLA, the career will be automatically updated.
More information to this web page [IT].
Candidates who have not yet obtained their degree
Those who are preparing for a degree can make application by the deadline, as long as they obtain the qualification by July 31st, 2020.
By the deadline, the candidates who are preparing for a degree are requested to communicate the date of the attainment of the qualification to the Post Lauream Office by e-mail, to email@example.com, presenting only the substitute declaration if Italian or EU citizens.
The University will exclude those candidate who do not communicate either the graduation date or the final mark within the limits laid down, or who submit uncompleted, incorrect or misdelivered statements.
University degree obtained abroad
The suitability of the foreign qualification is verified by the Admissions Committee according to regulations in force in Italy and in the Country where the qualification itself has been awarded, and while respecting the international agreements concerning the recognition of qualifications for further education.
Candidates who do not have Diploma Supplement (only for students who completed their university degree in EU countries), or certificate of equivalence of qualification issued by the competent Italian diplomatic authority in the country in which the qualification was obtained shall be admitted to the selection procedure conditionally and, if successful, must provide them during the online registration procedure or in any case by 31/12/2020, the Diploma supplement or, if the qualification had been obtained outside the European Union, a copy of the diploma, translated and legalized in Italian or English language, together with Declaration of Value ("Dichiarazione di valore in loco”) (The Declaration of Value is an official document issued by the Italian Embassy in the country in which the qualification was issued), prepared by the Italian diplomatic-consular Representation, that is located in the Country where the qualification was obtained.
Last update: 15/07/2020