Admissions to the degree programme is subject to the evaluation of the initial preparation believed a student must have to profitably attend a selected degree programme.
For admissions to the Language, Civilization and the Science of Language degree programme, an adequate understanding of Italian language verified with a specific test after the enrolment is required.
Those that have taken the state exam with a grade equal or superior to 90/100 (54/60) do not need to verify their understanding of Italian language.
It is also required an understanding of English language at level B1.
Those who have achieved one of the certificates listed on the specific website are excluded from the obligation to verify their understanding of English language. In this case, it is necessary to attach a copy of their certification at the moment of enrolment.
Verification and fulfillment of OFA (Additional Learning Requirements)
For the degree programme in Languages, Civilisation and the Science of Language, a basic understanding of Italian language and understanding of English language at level B1, at least, are expected. Furthermore, to insert English or Anglo-American language into the study plan, understanding of English language at level B2, at least, is expected.
The test of Italian language, through multiple choice questions, verifies the comprehension of the text, the lexical and morphosyntactic knowledge, and the ability to use the language in specific contexts. Two tests are planned during the first semester, with a timetable to be defined. The test can only be taken once and is considered passed with at least 65% correct answers. In the event that the test results are negative, will be assigned an Additional Learning Requirements (OFA) to be fulfilled by attending recovery courses in the second semester and passing the relevant tests of eligibility.
For more information contact the representative for the Italian Test prof. Francesca Santulli - email@example.com.
Those that have achieved one of the certificates listed on the specific web page are exempt from the obligation of verifying their understanding of English at B1.In this case, it is necessary to attach a copy of the certificate once you have been enrolled. Otherwise, you will be assigned an OFA to complete by 30th September 2023.
Students that have enrolled in a subsequent year to their first, such as in cases of transfer, internal paths or matriculation with credit recognition, should have fulfilled the OFA by the time they are enrolled: they cannot take exams until they have fulfilled them nor may they participate in the eligibility tests organized for freshers.
English or Anglo-American Language
In the case in which students choose the study of english or anglo-american studies, the possession of understanding of English language at B2 level is required.
Understanding must be certified, from the moment of matriculation, through the presentation of certificates or possible titles in possession: see the specific web page to consult the list of linguistic certificates and cases of exemption.
In the case in which the certificate is not carried out at the moment of registration, you will not be able to take exams in English and Anglo-American literature and language (SSD LIN/10, LIN/11 e LIN/12) until proof of possession of the required knowledge.
1st July - 3rd October 2022.
An additional admission session will be included from October 4th to November 2nd. The enrollment in this window entail the payment of an additional fee of 50 Euros.
The enrolment procedure is carried out completely online.
The following steps must be undertaken:
- Registration on the University website: registration consists of filling in your personal data, residence and domicile. You should not carry out registration online if you are already enrolled at Ca’ Foscari.
- Pre-enrolment online: in order to pre-enrol, you must access the Personal Area on the website with your SPID and select, in the Secretarial section, the function Enrol for courses with no admissions test. Once the courses have been selected, you must fill out the enrolment form. While filling out the form, you will be asked to upload a photograph (passport sized, full frontal, and clear) in jpg. form as well as the following documents:
- a valid identity document (front and back);
- any other documents useful for the enrolment procedure (for example linguistic certificates, records of credit recognition; self-certification etc).
Once the documents have been uploaded, it will be necessary to confirm all the data entered and proceed to the payment section.
- Payment of the first tax rates and tuition fees: the payment must be carried out using the PagoPA system, clicking on the payment button when finishing the registration procedure;
- Completion of enrolment by the Enrolment Unit: filling out the request for registration and payment of the first installment of fees does not automatically lead to the student’s registration. Enrolment will be completed within seven working days after receipt of payment and will be communicated via e-mail. Please note: the seven working days begin on the date of payment. Saturday is not considered to be a working day.
It is possible to register for or transfer to a Bachelor’s degree course requesting:
Enrollment with ECTS Accreditation
In order to enrol with credit recognition, make the internal transition or transfer from another university, you must ask for the evaluation of the exams already taken and the release of the credits recognition sheet.
For admission to the year following the first, in addition, you have to be assigned a place: all the information is published in the final part of this page.
Enrolment with credit recognition
You may enrol in a Degree Programme requesting accreditation for the following previous studies and training activities:
- Bachelor/Master's Degrees, or Master's Diplomas;
- incomplete University studies as a result of withdrawal, lapsed status;
- single courses;
- Internship/traineeships/previous employment.
The year of enrolment is determined on the basis of the number of University Credits (CFU) you have been awarded:
- Up to 47: admission to 1st year. There is no limited number of places. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2022/2023.
- From 48 to 107: admission to 2nd year: you will need to apply for a place. You also need to verify you have the prerequisite basic knowledge and that you satisfy the OFA requirements (Obblighi Formativi Aggiuntivi – Additional Learning Requirements) at the time of enrolment. You will not be able to sit for exams until these requirements have been met in full. All information can be found on the OFA pages on the ‘Study’ drop-down menu. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2021/2022;
- From 108 or more: admission to 3rd year: you will need to apply for a place. You also need to verify that you have the prerequisite basic knowledge and that you satisfy the OFA requirements at the time of enrolment. You will not be able to sit for exams until these requirements have been met in full. All information can be found on the OFA pages on the ‘Study’ drop-down menu. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2020/2021.
Enrolment with recognition of credits is subject to the fee payment of 300.00 euros. The payment invoice will be provided upon confirmation of enrolment.
You are not obliged to pay if you request credit transfer from activities undertaken previously at Ca' Foscari (for example single courses) if the code of the lectures corresponds to that required by the study plan. In the case that some lectures do not fall among those indicated in the study plan, and are thus entered as free exams, you will be have to pay the fee of 300.00 euros.
Enrolment with credit recognition is not allowed to students concurrently enroled in another University course and for which suspension has been requested.
Intra-university transfer and transfer from another university
The year of enrolment is established according to the number of university credits (ECTs) recognised:
- up to 47: admission to 1st year of the programme;
- from 48 to 107: admission to 2nd year of the programme. You will need to apply for a place and check any possible indications specified in the relative Call for Admissions. Furthermore, you must ensure that you possess the basic understanding specified for each study programmes and have fulfilled all outstanding OFA requirements at the moment of enrolment; you will not be able to take any exams until they are fulfilled. You can find all the information on the page dedicated to OFAs in the "Study" menu.
- from 108 and above: admission to 3rd year of the programme. You will need to apply for a place and any possible indications specified in the respective Calls for application. Furthermore, you must verify that you possess the basic understanding required for each study programme, as well as having fulfilled any OFAs at the moment of registration: you will not be able to take any exams until they have been fulfilled. You will find all the information on the page dedicated to OFAs in the "Study" menu.
There are two deadlines for requesting the issue of the record, to be used in the procedure for assigning the place in a year following the first:
- 28th June 2022;
- 22nd August 2022.
If you enrol in the first year, however, request the recognition form well in advance of the deadline set in the enrolment notice: to complete the enrolment application, you will have to attach the approved record.
For recognition of your academic career, you must contact Linguistic Campus service.
You are required to submit:
- a signed self-certification form listing exams. Please indicate for each exam: the name of the Course of study and class, the name of the University, the name of individual exams taken with their scientific area and weight in credits, the mark and the exam date. Please verify if self-certification is available in your University Reserved Area: if it is not available or, if all the required data is not listed, you may use the forms on this page;
- any exam programmes in your possession.
Requests for accreditation are to be submitted to the Campus which will then be subject to evaluation by the Teaching Committee. Once approved, the Accreditation Form will be sent to you via e-mail. Please remember to sign the form.
|Self-certification form of the educational qualifications achieved/exams taken||10.45 M|
|Self-certification form of withdrawal/forfeiture from studies and exams taken [ITA]||5.11 M|
Warning! For the request for internal transfer there is no need to attach the self-certification. However, remember to report any exams that are not yet recorded.
Please note that it is not possible for you to fill in the credit recognition form on your own, unless you require the recognition of exams previously taken at Ca’ Foscari; in this case, the exams must have the same course code listed on the study plan of the programme in which you are enrolling (e.g. recognition of single courses taken at Ca’ Foscari).
Credit recognition Forms
Should you wish to request accreditation exclusively for previous Ca’ Foscari activities that have the same teaching code you find in the study plan of the course you wish to enrol in (for example, requesting accreditation for individual courses studied at Ca’ Foscari), you may complete the Accreditation Form by yourself and attach it directly during the online Enrollment procedure.
Assignment of the place for enrolment in a year following the first year
In case of recognition of over 47 CFU, you will have to apply for a place: admission to a year following the first of a limited -access programme is in fact subject to the availability of places.
|Publication of places available||Application for a place||Publication of the ranking|
|15 June 2022||10 am on 7 July - 14 July 2022||21 July 2022|
|9 August 2022||10 am on 30 August - 1 September 2022||7 September 2022|
The ranking will be drawn up on the basis of the evaluation of the CV and motivation letter.
In the event of successful application, for the first round, you will have to complete the enrolment or transition by 31st July 2022, under penalty of losing the assigned place. If you request clearance for transfer from another university, however, you will receive all the instructions by e-mail.
To apply for a place for the first round, you must log in to the reserved area, select the "Evaluation test" and choose "Ammissione agli anni successivi al primo dei corsi ad accesso programmato". The procedure will be open from 10 am on July 7th 2022.
You must attach:
- your credits recognition sheet;
- self-certification of having taken the exams for which you have been awarded credits;
- your CV;
- a motivation letter;
- an identity document.
Warning! The procedure allows you to submit the application, in order of preference, for a maximum of three courses: if you enter more than one preference, you will have to attach the credit recognition sheet for each chosen course.
If you have never been a student at Ca’ Foscari you will have to:
- register on the website;
- access your personal area using your SPID account.
Last update: 17/05/2022