The degree programme in Language, culture and society of Asia and Mediterranean Africa is limited admissions and requires candidates to pass a test: matriculation will be influenced by the candidate’s position on the ranking list.
For 2022/23 Academic year, there will be 2 selection process sessions: one in the spring and one in the summer.
All the specific information on methods and enrolment, selection and matriculation are in the call for application.
The admissions procedure requires the following aspects:
- online registration, if you have never been enrolled at Ca’ Foscari;
- online enrolment for the admissions test;
- carrying out the admissions test and being put on the ranking list;
- online matriculation and payment of the first tax instalment and the university contributions.
If you are a candidate with a disability or with DSA, you can make use of individualized procedures for taking the test: all the specific information on the available assistance is in the admission announcement and on the services for disabled and DSA students webpage; the request is present during the online registration.
Registering for the admission test for the summer selection process will be carried out from 1st July until 12pm on 4th August 2022.
The procedure is completely online and requires the following steps:
- Registration on the University website;
- Access the Personal Area of the website with your account and selection "Admission test".
Once you have concluded the pre-registration process you will receive a confirmation email to the email address stated in the registration process.
If you require to conduct the admission test with one of the aids intended for candidates with a disability or diagnosed with DSA, you must fill in the specific section of the online enrolment process and attach authentication demonstrating the possession of the disability.
Participation in the admission test requires the payment of a tuition fee totalling 30.00 Euros, that is paid after having completed the online enrolment procedure, selecting the ‘payments’ button.
The payment must be carried out using the PagoPA system.
The admission test for the summer selection will take place remotely on Friday 26th August 2022. The details regarding how this will occur at and what time will be communicated via email a few days after the closure of the registration period.
Please note that in order to take the entry test you will need to have the following:
- a personal computer;
- a smartphone or tablet;
- an internet connection via Wi-Fi or a smartphone.
All of the guidelines and technical requirements are communicated in this video [ITA] about taking the test.
Verification and fulfillment of OFA (Additional Learning Requirements)
To access the degree programme, a basic understanding of Italian language and an understanding of English at level B1, at least, is required.
The admission test acts as validation for basic understanding of Italian language. In case of failure, or if you achieve a mark lower than 10 as a sum of the marks obtained from the 30 Italian language questions, you will be assigned an OFA to carry out by 30th September 2023.
Regarding knowledge of English language, students whom have achieved one of the certificates verified by the university are excluded from the obligation to verify their understanding of English. The list of linguistic certificates, cases of exemption for verification and the process of verification are described in the specific web page. On the contrary, they will be assigned an OFA to carry out by 30th September 2023. After this data, in such case that the OFA is not carried out, it will not be possible for that candidate to sit the examinations.
Students that have enrolled in a subsequent year to their first, such as in cases of transfer, internal paths or matriculation with credit recognition, should have fulfilled the OFA by the time they are enrolled: they cannot take exams until they have fulfilled them nor may they participate in the eligibility tests organized for freshers.
How many programmes/curricula can i participate in?
You can carry out more registrations and participate contemporarily for the admission of more degree programmes, although they are organised by different announcements; however, you will be able to choose to participate in a minimum of 1 and in a maximum of 2 of the activated programmes. For correct management of the ranking list, please only insert your preferences if you intend to participate in more than one programme/curriculum.
Can I participate in one programme/curriculum or am I obligated to express my preferences?
You can participate in the selection process for one programme/curriculum: it is not necessary to indicate a second preference.
Is it important to put the programmes/curricula that I want to participate in order of preference?
No. It is determined at the end of your admission, in fact, you will be present in all ranking lists for each programme/curricula that you have chosen.
Can I edit the data inserted in the questionnaire whilst I am filling in the application form for Ca’ Foscari’s selection process?
No, the questionnaire cannot be modified: if you have put in incorrect data, send a request by accessing this link: www.unive.it/faqsforstudents.
Can I change the preferences that I selected during filling in the application form for Ca’ Foscari’s selection process?
Yes you can fill in the form again, but exclusively by 12pm on 4th August 2022, the enrolment deadline.
I can’t see the button to print the application form: am I enrolled in Ca’ Foscari’s selection process?
The possibility to print the document only activates at the end of the procedure: if you can’t see this button and you have not received an enrolment confirmation email, go back into the application and repeat the required steps.
I did not enrol by 12pm on 4th August: can I fix this?
No, if you have not completed the enrolment process before the deadline, you cannot participate in the spring selection process.
I have already passed the exams: can I request recognition?
Yes, you can find all this information on the page dedicated to enrolment onto degree programmes.
Is the payment of a contribution to enrolment expected?
Yes, you must make the payment of 30.00 Euros for each registration you make.
I want to participate in both a degree programme in the area of Economics and the Languages, Cultures and Societies of Asia and Mediterranean Africa degree programme: how many registration fees do I need to make for the tests?
You must make two different requests for enrolment onto the test.
I am not able to make the payment: can I use my bank credit?
No, the bank credit is not an accepted method of payment.
If you have any problems, read the FAQ dedicated to the PagoPA system.
If you have accepted your place correctly in the spring session you will be enroled between the 1st July and the 1st of August 2022.
The enrolment procedure involves two steps:
- Updating the enrolment application online;
- Paying the first instalment of tuition fees: the payment must be carried out using the PagoPA system by pressing the payment button that will generate upon completion of the online enrolment application form. The first instalment of tuitions will not be reimbursed in any circumstance.
If you do not pay before the deadline indicated above, you will lose the right to enrol: if you have trouble with any aspect of the process, please send a request by accessing this link: www.unive.it/faqsforstudents before the deadline.
The procedure for accepting your place requires acceptance on behalf of the successful candidate and of those in the second round of selection depending on the available remaining places as indicated in the call for admission. Any remaining places after the summer round of selection may be reassigned.
If you succeed in obtaining a place from the ranking list, you must accept your place through the specific online procedure by 5th September 2022.
Accepting the place coincides with matriculation and involves two steps:
- Completion of the enrolment application online;
- Payment of the first instalment of tuition fees: the payment must be carried out using the by pressing the payment button that will generate upon completion of the online enrolment application form. The first instalment of tuitions will not be reimbursed in any circumstance.
If you do not pay before the deadline indicated above, you will lose the right to enrol: if you have trouble with any aspect of the process, please contact the registration office before the deadline.
Processing registration form
Accepting the place and payment of the first installment does not mean that the student is automatically enrolled. Enrollment will be developed by the Matriculation Sector and communicated via email.
Remember that it is possible to enrol in a degree programme requesting again for:
- recognition of formative activities already carried out;
- status of part-time students;
- status of student-athlete;
- The economic treatment dedicated to students with a disability.
Enrollment with ECTS Accreditation
In order to enrol with credit recognition, make the internal transition or transfer from another university, you must ask for the evaluation of the exams already taken and the release of the credits recognition sheet.
For admission to the year following the first, in addition, you have to be assigned a place: all the information is published in the final part of this page.
Enrolment with credits recognition
You may enrol in a Degree Programme requesting accreditation for the following previous studies and training activities:
- Bachelor/Master's Degrees, or Master's Diplomas;
- incomplete University studies as a result of withdrawal, lapsed status;
- single courses;
- Internship/traineeships/previous employment.
The year of enrolment is determined on the basis of the number of University Credits (CFU) you have been awarded:
- Up to 47: admission to 1st year. You are required to sit for the Admission test. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2022/2023.
- From 48 to 107: admission to 2nd year. You will need to apply for a place as well as the requirements specified in the respective Calls of Admission. You also need to verify you have the prerequisite basic knowledge and that you satisfy the OFA requirements (Obblighi Formativi Aggiuntivi – Additional Learning Requirements) at the time of enrolment. You will not be able to sit for exams until these requirements have been met in full. All information can be found on the OFA pages on the ‘Study’ drop-down menu. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2021/2022.
- From 108 or more you will need to apply for a place as well as the requirements specified in the respective Calls of Admission. You also need to verify that you have the prerequisite basic knowledge and that you satisfy the OFA requirements at the time of enrolment. You will not be able to sit for exams until these requirements have been met in full. All information can be found on the OFA pages on the ‘Study’ drop-down menu. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2020/2021.
Enrolment with recognition of credits is subject to the fee payment of 300.00 euros. The payment invoice will be provided upon confirmation of enrolment.
You are not obliged to pay if you request credit transfer from activities undertaken previously at Ca' Foscari (for example single courses) if the code of the lectures corresponds to that required by the study plan. In the case that some lectures do not fall among those indicated in the study plan, and are thus entered as free exams, you will be have to pay the fee of 300.00 euros.
Enrolment with credit recognition is not allowed to students concurrently enroled in another University course and for which suspension has been requested.
Intra-university transfer and transfer from another university
The year of enrolment is established according to the number of university credits (ECTs) recognised:
- up to 47: admission to 1st year of the programme. No intra-university transfers /transfers from another university are permitted during the first year of limited admission study programme. You are required to sit to the admission test and, if you obtain a place on the shortlist, withdraw from the study programme in which you are enrolled and re-enrol again;
- from 48 to 107: admission to 2nd year of the programme. You will need to apply for a place and check any possible indications specified in the relative Call for Admissions. Furthermore, you must ensure that you possess the basic understanding specified for each study programmes and have fulfilled all outstanding OFA requirements at the moment of enrolment; you will not be able to take any exams until they are fulfilled. You can find all the information on the page dedicated to OFAs located in the Study menu;
- from 108 and above: admission to 3rd year of the programme. You will need to apply for a place and any possible indications specified in the respective Calls for application. Furthermore, you must verify that you possess the basic understanding required for each study programme, as well as having fulfilled any OFAs at the moment of registration: you will not be able to take any exams until they have been fulfilled. You will find all the information on the page dedicated to OFAs in the Study menu.
There are two deadlines for requesting the issue of the record, to be used in the procedure for assigning the place in a year following the first:
- 28th June 2022;
- 22nd August 2022.
If you enrol in the first year, however, request the recognition form well in advance of the deadline set in the enrolment notice: to complete the enrolment application, you will have to attach the approved record.
For recognition of your academic career, you must contact Linguistic Campus service.
You are required to submit:
- a signed self-certification form listing exams. Please indicate for each exam: the name of the Course of study and class, the name of the University, the name of individual exams taken with their scientific area and weight in credits, the mark and the exam date. Please verify if self-certification is available in your University Reserved Area: if it is not available or, if all the required data is not listed, you may use the forms on this page;
- any exam programmes in your possession.
Requests for accreditation are to be submitted to the Campus which will then be subject to evaluation by the Teaching Committee. Once approved, the Accreditation Form will be sent to you via e-mail. Please remember to sign the form.
|Self-certification form of the educational qualifications achieved/exams taken||10.45 M|
|Self-certification form of withdrawal/forfeiture from studies and exams taken [ITA]||5.11 M|
Warning! For the request for internal transfer there is no need to attach the self-certification. However, remember to report any exams that are not yet recorded.
Please note that it is not possible for you to fill in the credit recognition form on your own, unless you require the recognition of exams previously taken at Ca’ Foscari; in this case, the exams must have the same course code listed on the study plan of the programme in which you are enrolling (e.g. recognition of single courses taken at Ca’ Foscari).
Credit recognition forms
Assignment of the place for enrolment in a year following the first year
In case of recognition of over 47 CFU, you will have to apply for a place: admission to a year following the first of a limited -access programme is in fact subject to the availability of places.
On 22nd June 2022 are available for the curriculum in:
- China: 25 places for the second year; 52 places for the third year;
- Indian Subcontinent: 34 places for the second year; 32 places for the third year.
- Japan: 25 places for the second year; 39 places for the third year;
- Near and Middle East: 86 places for the second year; 91 places for the third year.
- Korea: 2 places for the second year; 7 places for the third year;
- South-East Asia: 31 places for the second year; 23 places for the third year.
|Publication of places available||Application for a place||Publication of the ranking|
|22 June 2022||10 am on 7 July - 14 July 2022||21 July 2022|
|9 August 2022||10 am on 30 August - 1 September 2022||7 September 2022|
The ranking will be drawn up on the basis of the evaluation of the CV and motivation letter.
In the event of successful application, for the first round, you will have to complete the enrolment or transition by 31st July 2022, under penalty of losing the assigned place. If you request clearance for transfer from another university, however, you will receive all the instructions by e-mail.
To apply for a place for the first round, you must log in to the reserved area, select the "Evaluation test" and choose "Ammissione agli anni successivi al primo dei corsi ad accesso programmato". The procedure will be open from 10 am on July 7th 2022.
You must attach:
- your credits recognition sheet;
- self-certification of having taken the exams for which you have been awarded credits;
- your CV;
- a motivation letter;
- an identity document.
Warning! The procedure allows you to submit the application, in order of preference, for a maximum of three courses: if you enter more than one preference, you will have to attach the credit recognition sheet for each chosen course.
If you have never been a student at Ca’ Foscari you will have to:
- register on the website;
- access your personal area using your SPID account.
Last update: 22/06/2022