If you hold an international qualification, before starting the application process please make sure you have completed the pre-evaluation procedure and that you have all the requirements for international students.
If you have a disability or an SLD (specific learning disability), you can request support for the admission test (when required) and specific support services during your studies.
Admission to the degree programme in Language, culture and society of Asia and Mediterranean Africa is subject to the possession of one of the following qualifications:
- five-year high school diploma;
- four-year high school diploma with supplementary year; in case of absence of the supplementary year, admission to the degree programme is subject to the assessment of the competent Teaching College;
- European Baccalaureate title (or European high school licence) obtained in European Schools located in Italy.
Furthermore admission is of limited access and expect candidates to carry out a test that, as well of ensuring the possession of an adequate initial preparation, gives access to a list of admission: in fact enrolment is conditioned by the candidate’s position on the ranking list.
For 2023/2024 Academic year, there will be 2 selection process sessions: one in the spring and one in the summer.
All the specific information on methods and pre-registration, selection and enrolment are in the call for applications.
The admission procedure for the spring selection requires the following aspects:
- taking the TOLC-SU exam and online pre-registration to Ca’ Foscari selection;
- inclusion on the ranking list;
- place acceptance and payment of the pre-enrolment fee;
- online enrolment and payment of the first tax instalment and university contributions.
If you are a candidate with a disability or with DSA, you can make use of individualized procedures for taking the test: all the specific information on the available assistance is in the admission announcement and on the services for disabled and DSA students webpage; the request is present during the online registration.
Taking the TOLC-SU test
The process of taking the TOLC-SU test is as follows:
- signing up for the test on the CISIA [ITA] website;
- payment of the contribution to the university to the test equal to 30,00 Euros following the process indicated on the CISIA website when signing up for the TOLC-E.
Dates and locations
You can take the TOLC-SU through any of the Italian universities making use of this testing platform. You can find a list of these institutions and the dates in which they are offering the test in the calendar of testing dates.
Ca' Foscari is offering the TOLC-SU via the TOLC@CASA – or TOLC@HOME – service. The dates are as follows:
- March 28th, 29th and 30th;
- April 4th, 5th, 6th, 26th, 27th and 28th.
Before you register to take the TOLC@CASA, be sure to check that you can satisfy the technical requirements for taking the test remotely and read the test regulations.
For additional information about registering to take the TOLC-SU, please contact the Help Desk via telephone or email.
Please note: You do not have to take the TOLC-SU through Ca’ Foscari! You can register to take the test via any of the universities offering it and your results will be used in the evaluation of your candidancy for your chosen programme(s) at Ca’ Foscari.
In order to take part in the spring selection round, you need to have taken the TOLC-SU any time between January 2022 and midnight on 2nd May 2023.
How is the test structured?
The composition of the test and required understanding is reported on the CISIA website on the dedicated page.
I’m having problems with TOLC-SU enrolment: who should I contact?
Check whether your question is answered in the Frequently Asked Questions [ITA] page on the CISIA website: if you need more support you can contact the Help Desk [ITA].
Is the TOLC@CASA and the TOLC at university the same?
Yes, they are equally valid. The only difference is how the test is provided.
I have seen that I can take the TOLC-SU test more than once: how often is it possible to take this test?
The TOLC-SU can only be taken once a month (solar month) irrespective of which institute you take the test in or modality.
If I take the TOLC-SU test more than once, which result will be considered?
Your best result will be considered.
I have already taken the TOLC-SU test: can this be used for the Ca’ Foscari selection process?
Yes, but only if you have taken the test since January 2022.
Is the payment for contribution to enrolment expected?
Yes: enrolment for the test to undertake the TOLC-SU requires the payment of a contribution equal to 30.00 Euros.
Pre-registering to the Ca’ Foscari selection process
Pre-registering to the Ca’ Foscari selection process will come into effect from 15th March until 2nd May 2023 and allows you to be placed in the ranking of results achieved from taking the TOLC-SU test. If you have taken the test more than once, your best result will be considered.
The procedure is completely online and requires the following steps:
- Registration on the University website;
- Access the Personal Area of the website with your SPID account and selection "Admission test".
Once you have concluded the pre-registration process you will receive a confirmation email to the email address stated in the registration process.
Verification and fulfillment of OFA (Additional Learning Requirements)
To access the degree programme, a basic understanding of Italian language and an understanding of English at level B1, at least, is required.
The admission test acts as validation for basic understanding of Italian language. In case of failure, or if you achieve a mark lower than 10 as a sum of the marks obtained from the 30 Italian language questions, you will be assigned an OFA to carry out by 30th September 2024.
Regarding knowledge of English language, students whom have achieved one of the certificates verified by the university are excluded from the obligation to verify their understanding of English. The list of linguistic certificates, cases of exemption for verification and the process of verification are described in the specific web page. On the contrary, they will be assigned an OFA to carry out by 30th September 2024. After this data, in such case that the OFA is not carried out, it will not be possible for that candidate to sit the examinations.
Students that have enrolled in a subsequent year to their first, such as in cases of transfer, internal paths or matriculation with credit recognition, should have fulfilled the OFA by the time they are enrolled: they cannot take exams until they have fulfilled them nor may they participate in the eligibility tests organized for freshers.
Students who enrol in a subsequent year to their first one (e.g. change of University, change of degree programme within Ca’ Foscari, enrolment with credit recognition) must have fulfilled the Additional Learning Requirements (OFA) by the time of the enrolment. It is not possible to take any exam until the OFA has been fulfilled, including the CLA B1 English test which allows students to fulfil the English language OFA.
Place acceptance of successful candidates placed on the ranking list will be carried out by 15th May 2023: according to what is required on the selection announcement.
The procedure for accepting a place on the course involves two steps:
- Completion of the enrolment application form online;
- Payment of the pre-enrolment fee: the payment must be carried out using the PagoPA system by pressing the payment button that will generate upon completion of the online enrolment application form. The pre-enrolment fee will not be reimbursed in any circumstance.
If you do not pay before the deadline indicated above, you will lose the right to enrol: for questions on any aspect of the process, please send a request by accesing the link: www.unive.it/faqsforstudents before the deadline.
If you have accepted your place correctly in the spring session you will be enrolled between the 3rd July and the 31st July 2023.
The enrolment procedure involves two steps:
- Updating the enrolment application online;
- Paying the first instalment of tuition fees: the payment must be carried out using the PagoPA system by pressing the payment button that will generate upon completion of the online enrolment application form. The first instalment of tuitions will not be reimbursed in any circumstance.
If you do not pay before the deadline indicated above, you will lose the right to enrol: if you have trouble with any aspect of the process, please send a request by accessing this link: www.unive.it/faqsforstudents before the deadline.
Enrolment with ECTS Accreditation
In order to enrol with credit recognition, make the internal transition or transfer from another university, you must ask for the evaluation of the exams already taken and the release of the credits recognition sheet.
For admission to the year following the first, in addition, you have to be assigned a place: all the information is published in the final part of this page.
Enrolment with credits recognition
You may enrol in a Degree Programme requesting accreditation for the following previous studies and training activities:
- Bachelor/Master's Degrees, or Master's Diplomas;
- incomplete University studies as a result of withdrawal, lapsed status;
- single courses;
- Internship/traineeships/previous employment;
- simultaneous enrolment.
The year of enrolment is determined on the basis of the number of University Credits (CFU) you have been awarded:
- Up to 47: admission to 1st year. You are required to sit for the Admission test. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2023/2024.
- From 48 to 107: admission to 2nd year. You will need to apply for a place as well as the requirements specified in the respective Calls of Admission. You also need to verify you have the prerequisite basic knowledge and that you satisfy the OFA requirements (Obblighi Formativi Aggiuntivi – Additional Learning Requirements) at the time of enrolment. You will not be able to sit for exams until these requirements have been met in full. All information can be found on the OFA pages on the ‘Study’ drop-down menu. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2022/2023.
- From 108 or more you will need to apply for a place as well as the requirements specified in the respective Calls of Admission. You also need to verify that you have the prerequisite basic knowledge and that you satisfy the OFA requirements at the time of enrolment. You will not be able to sit for exams until these requirements have been met in full. All information can be found on the OFA pages on the ‘Study’ drop-down menu. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2021/2022.
Enrolment with recognition of credits is subject to the fee payment of 300.00 euros. The payment invoice will be provided upon confirmation of enrolment.
You are not obliged to pay if you request credit transfer from activities undertaken previously at Ca' Foscari (for example single courses) if the code of the lectures corresponds to that required by the study plan. In the case that some lectures do not fall among those indicated in the study plan, and are thus entered as free exams, you will be have to pay the fee of 300.00 euros.
Enrolment with credit recognition is not allowed to students concurrently enrolled in another University course and for which suspension has been requested.
Intra-university transfer and transfer from another university
The year of enrolment is established according to the number of university credits (ECTs) recognised:
- up to 47: admission to 1st year of the programme. No intra-university transfers /transfers from another university are permitted during the first year of limited admission study programme. You are required to sit to the admission test and, if you obtain a place on the shortlist, withdraw from the study programme in which you are enrolled and re-enrol again;
- from 48 to 107: admission to 2nd year of the programme. You will need to apply for a place and check any possible indications specified in the relative Call for Admissions. Furthermore, you must ensure that you possess the basic understanding specified for each study programmes and have fulfilled all outstanding OFA requirements at the moment of enrolment; you will not be able to take any exams until they are fulfilled. You can find all the information on the page dedicated to OFAs located in the Study menu;
- from 108 and above: admission to 3rd year of the programme. You will need to apply for a place and any possible indications specified in the respective Calls for application. Furthermore, you must verify that you possess the basic understanding required for each study programme, as well as having fulfilled any OFAs at the moment of registration: you will not be able to take any exams until they have been fulfilled. You will find all the information on the page dedicated to OFAs in the Study menu.
There are two deadlines for requesting the issue of the record, to be used in the procedure for assigning the place in a year following the first:
- from 2nd May to 26th June 2023;
- by 21st August 2023.
If you enrol in the first year, however, you will have to request the form at least 15 days before the enrolment deadline, as specified in the call for applications: in fact, when filling in the enrolment application, you will have to attach the approved form.
For recognition of your academic career, you must contact Linguistic Campus service.
You are required to submit:
- a signed self-certification form listing exams. Please indicate for each exam: the name of the Course of study and class, the name of the University, the name of individual exams taken with their scientific area and weight in credits, the mark and the exam date. Please verify if self-certification is available in your University Reserved Area: if it is not available or, if all the required data is not listed, you may use the forms on this page;
- any exam programmes in your possession.
Requests for accreditation are to be submitted to the Campus which will then be subject to evaluation by the Teaching Committee. Once approved, the Accreditation Form will be sent to you via e-mail. Please remember to sign the form.
|Self-certification form of the educational qualifications achieved/exams taken||10.45 M|
|Self-certification form of withdrawal/forfeiture from studies and exams taken [ITA]||5.11 M|
Warning! For the request for internal transfer there is no need to attach the self-certification. However, remember to report any exams that are not yet recorded.
Please note that it is not possible for you to fill in the credit recognition form on your own, unless you require the recognition of exams previously taken at Ca’ Foscari; in this case, the exams must have the same course code listed on the study plan of the programme in which you are enrolling (e.g. recognition of single courses taken at Ca’ Foscari).
Credit recognition forms
Assignment of the place for enrolment in a year following the first year
In case of recognition of over 47 CFU, you will have to apply for a place: admission to a year following the first of a limited -access programme is in fact subject to the availability of places.
- For the places available published on 15th June 2023
- application for a place: from 10th July to 13th July 2023
- publication of the ranking: 21st July 2023
- For the places available published on 10th August 2023
- application for a place: from 29th August to 31st August 2023
- publication of the ranking: 5th September 2023
The ranking will be drawn up on the basis of the evaluation of the CV and motivation letter.
In the event of successful application, for the first round, you will have to complete the enrolment or transition by 31st July 2023, under penalty of losing the assigned place. If you request clearance for transfer from another university, however, you will receive all the instructions by e-mail.
To apply for a place for the first round, you must log in to the reserved area, select the "Evaluation test" and choose "Ammissione agli anni successivi al primo dei corsi ad accesso programmato". The procedure will be open from July 10th 2023.
You must attach:
- your credits recognition sheet;
- self-certification of having taken the exams for which you have been awarded credits;
- your CV;
- a motivation letter;
- an identity document.
Warning! The procedure allows you to submit the application, in order of preference, for a maximum of three courses: if you enter more than one preference, you will have to attach the credit recognition sheet for each chosen course.
If you have never been a student at Ca’ Foscari you will have to:
- register on the website;
- access your personal area using your SPID account.
Last update: 21/03/2023