If you hold an international qualification, before starting the application process please make sure you have completed the pre-evaluation procedure and that you have all the requirements for international students.
If you have a disability or an SLD (specific learning disability), you can request support for the admission test (when required) and specific support services during your studies.
Admission to the degree programme is subject to the possession of one of the following qualifications:
- five-year high school diploma;
- four-year high school diploma with supplementary year; in case of absence of the supplementary year, admission to the degree programme is subject to the assessment of the competent Teaching College;
- European Baccalaureate title (or European high school licence) obtained in European Schools located in Italy
and to the evalutation of the initial preparation believed a student must have to profitably attend a selected degree programme. For admission onto the Informatics, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Engineering for the Ecological Transition and Technologies for the Conservation and the Restoration degree programmes, an adequate understanding of basic mathematics, abstraction, methodological accuracy and an understanding of English at level B1, at least, is required.
Mathematics, abstraction and methodological accuracy
Understanding of mathematics, abstraction, and methodological accuracy are evaluated in a TOLC-I national test carried out by CISIA, compulsary for proceeding with the enrollment.
Taking the TOLC-I test
The process of taking the TOLC-I test is as follows:
- signing up for the test on the CISIA [ITA] website;
- payment of the university fees to the test equal to 30,00 Euros.
Dates and modalities
You can take the TOLC-I through any of the Italian universities making use of this testing platform. You can find a list of these institutions and the dates in which they are offering the test in the calendar of testing dates.
Ca' Foscari is offering the TOLC-I via the TOLC@University – service. The upcoming dates are as follows:
- July 26th and 28th;
- August 23rd, 24th and 25th;
- September 12th;
- October 19th.
Before you register to take the TOLC@CASA, be sure to check that you can satisfy the technical requirements for taking the test remotely and read the test regulations.
Please note: You do not have to take the TOLC-I through Ca’ Foscari! You can register to take the test via any of the universities offering it and your results will be used in the evaluation of your candidancy for your chosen programme(s) at Ca’ Foscari.
The TOLC-I tests taken from January 2022 are seen as valid for admission.
For more information on registering for the TOLC-I test, you can consult the frequently asked questions [ITA] published on the CISIA website: if you need support you can furthermore contact the Help Desk.
The OFA is considered ‘fulfilled’ with a minimum mark of 17/41 (the Sciences section is weighted for 10%, while the scores obtained for the other three sections are weighted at 100%). The English section is optional, does not affect the mark and it does not replace any language tests required by the degree programme for admission.
If you do not pass the TOLC-I test you still can enroll in the selected degree programme: you will be assigned an Additional Learning Obligation (OFA) for logic-mathematics that you are able to fulfil through participating in specific recovery tests. The procedure of verifying the OFA, the calendar for attendances and the catch-up courses provided are detailed in the specific web page found through: Study > OFA and elegibility.
Understanding of English language is verified through the possession of specific linguistic certifications or carrying out a specific test administered by CLA (University Linguistic Centre). Those that have already achieved one of the certificated recognised by the University are exempt from the requirement to verify their understanding of English language. In this case, it is necessary to attach a copy of the certificate at the moment of enrolment. The list of linguistic certificates, cases of exemption for verification and the process of verification are described in the specific web page.
If you are not in possession of a linguistic certificate, you still can enroll in the selected degree programme: you will be assigned an Additional Learning Obligation (OFA) for english language, that you will fulfill through a B1 English Language qualification test.
Unsuccessful fulfilment of OFA
Students that do not fulfil their OFA between the exam session in September the year after enrolment, cannot take exams until the attributed OFAs have been fulfilled.
Students that have enrolled in a subsequent year to their first, such as in cases of transfer, internal paths or matriculation with credit recognition, should have fulfilled the OFA by the time they are enrolled: they cannot take exams until they have fulfilled them nor may they participate in the eligibility tests organized for freshers.
3rd July - 2nd October 2023.
An additional admission session will be included from October 3rd to October 31st. The enrolment in this session entails the payment of an additional fee of 50 Euros.
The enrolment procedure is carried out completely online.
The following steps must be undertaken:
- Registration on the University website: registration consists of filling in your personal data, residence and domicile. You should not carry out registration online if you are already enrolled at Ca’ Foscari.
- Pre-enrolment online: in order to pre-enrol, you must access the Personal Area on the website with your
- a valid identity document (front and back);
- the TOLC-I score report;
- any other documents useful for the enrolment procedure (for example linguistic certificates, records of credit recognition; self-certification etc).
Once the documents have been uploaded, it will be necessary to confirm all the data entered and proceed to the payment section.and select, in the Secretarial section, the function Enrol for courses with no admissions test. Once the courses have been selected, you must fill out the enrolment form. While filling out the form, you will be asked to upload a photograph (passport sized, full frontal, and clear) in jpg. form as well as the following documents:
- Payment of the first tax rates and tuition fees: the payment must be carried out using the PagoPA system, clicking on the payment button when finishing the registration procedure;
- Completion of enrolment by the Enrolment Unit: filling out the request for registration and payment of the first installment of fees does not automatically lead to the student’s registration. Enrolment will be completed within seven working days after receipt of payment and will be communicated via e-mail. Please note: the seven working days begin on the date of payment. Saturday is not considered to be a working day.
It is possible to register for or transfer to a Bachelor’s degree course requesting:
Enrolment with ECTS Credits Recognition
It is possible to enrol in a Bachelor’s degree programme and ask for recognition of educational activities previously carried out for:
- other bachelor or master’s degrees or professional Master’s diploma already conferred;
- a university career not completed due to withdrawal, cessation or transfer from another University;
- single courses;
- internships/work experience;
- simultaneous enrolment.
Enrolment with recognized credits is not permitted for students simultaneously registered in another university course and who have requested a interruption of their studies.
While you are filling out the enrolment form online, you must attach, in addition to the documentation requested for registration the recognition of credits sheet approved and with your handwritten signature.
In case of transfer from another University, the enrolment form will be issued by the Enrolment Unit.
Enrolment with ECTS recognition is subjected to the payment of a fee of 300.00 Euros with the exception of enrolments with credit recognition for:
- single courses or activities previously undertaken at Ca’ Foscari that have the same teaching code as the course of studies in which you plan to enrol. If one or more courses are not included in your study plan but are part of the open unit credits, you will have to pay a 300.00 Euro additional fee;
- transfer from another University;
- simultaneous enrolment.
The payment invoice will be issued by the Enrolment Unit when the application will be successfully carried out.
Year of enrolment
The year of enrolment is determined on the basis of the number of University Credits (ECTS) you have been awarded:
- Up to 47: admission to 1st year;
- From 48 to 107: admission to 2nd year;
- From 108 or more: admission to 3rd year.
Please remember that while choosing your degree courses and your subjects, you will only find courses that are in effect in the 2023/2024 a.y: at the moment of completion of enrolment, we will take into consideration the credit recognition sheet and we will register you in the appropriate year and the program specified in the sheet.
The deadline for the request of recognition of credits at the Scientific Campus Service is from 2nd May to 15th September 2023 and, for students who enrol from 3rd October to 31st October 2023, by October 13th 2023.
In case of transfer from another University the deadline is 5th December 2023.
For recognition of your academic career, you must contact Scientific Campus services. You will be asked to provide:
- a signed self-certification stating the exams written which specify: the name of the course of study and the class to which it is relevant, the university, the name of the exams taken with the pertinent scientific field and its value in credits, the mark, and the date the exam was written. Verify that the self-certification is available in the Personal Area of your University: if it is not available or not all the information is indicated, you may use the forms on this page;
- any potential examinations.
The Campus will collect the requests for credit recognition which will be submitted to an evaluation by the Teaching College. The credits recognition sheet, once approved by the Board, will be sent to you via e-mail. Please remember to sign the sheet.
Credits recognition forms
It is possible to fill out the credits recognition sheet independently and attach it with the online registration form if you were to request recognition exclusively from previous studies carried out at Ca' Foscari which have the same teaching code as the course which you are registering for (for example, if you are claiming recognition of individual courses taken at Ca' Foscari).
Criteria for ECTS Credits Recognition
Recognition will be made based on the following criteria:
- the credits earned in former Bachelor’s courses will be recognized while maintaining the effective number of credits; the exception will be Ca’ Foscari students who have withdrawn/ceased their studies, for whom there are specific incentives;
- exams already used as entry requirements will not be recognized.
If you already have a Professional Master’s Programme diploma, you can obtain a recognition of maximum 60 credits.
The activities recognized by Master’s/Specialist degrees or Professional Master’s already awarded will have no impact in terms of marks achieved on the total average for the Bachelor’s degree, but it will recognize the single courses and the student’s academic career that was suspended due to withdrawal, cessation or transfers from another university.
Last update: 24/08/2023