Degree Programme Regulations
The final degree exam is intended to verify the graduate’s linguistic abilities and the knowledge of a specific area of study in relation to the selected language.
It consists of a written work, on a topic agreed with the supervising scholar, chosen from the following:
- A brief written piece in the degree language on a subject agreed upon with the tutor; the same piece should be equipped with a glossary containing technical / sector-based terms relative to the chosen subject (around 3 folders with 600 words for each one: two for the text in the language and one for the glossary).
- A translation of a brief text in the degree language assigned by the tutor (original text must be at least 3 pages)
- A bibliographical research on the subject agreed with the tutor, that provides a use of sources
- Writing a review of one or more volumes chosen by the tutor, with a brief instruction in the degree language of around 60-100 characters.
- A brief piece of writing on a subject agreed with the tutor which should use primary sources (stories, chronicles, travel accounts, inscriptions, epigraphs etc) or secondary sources (articles, book chapters or long encyclopaedia entries) written in the degree language. This type of writing should also be introduced by a brief preface in the degree language.
Before completing the online request students must have come to agreement with a lecturing scholar on the methods and subject of their final degree exam.
Procedure for the request of the final paper to the supervisor - Sinology
- Consider the required timing: the theme and typology of the paper should be agreed upon with the supervisor well in advance of the considered graduating session.
- Prior to talking about the thesis with the supervisor, read the document “Profilo tesi docenti area sinologica” and more specifically the typology of expected papers.
- Send a formal request to the professor in an email, with the following information:
- typology of the paper
- theme of the paper
- considered graduating session
The email must be sent from the student’s institutional email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following object: “Bachelor thesis request” (“richiesta tesina triennale”).
- Wait for the professor’s response to best define the theme and work methodology.
Last update: 22/06/2022