For Academic year 2021/22, admission onto the Master’s Degree programme in Global Development and Entrepreneurship requires:
- specific curricula requirements, matured with the obtainment of a definite number of credits in certain disciplinary fields.
- an adequate personal preparation;
- understanding of english language: process of verification and cases of exemption are indicated in the dedicated web page.
Matriculation onto the Master’s Degree Programme is subject to the possession of the above requirements.
Minimum curricular requirements
Minimum credit requirements (CFU): 60 CFU in the following scientific-disciplinary sectors
In the field of Business
SECS-P/08 Business Economics and Management
SECS-P/09 Corporate Finance
SECS-P/10 Organizational Behaviour and Design
SECS-P/11 Banking and Financial Institutions
In the field of Economics:
SECS-P/01 Political Economics
SECS P/02 Economic Policy
SECS-P/03 Science of Finance
SECS-P/04 History of Economic Thought
SECS-P/06 Applied Economics
SECS-P/12 Economic History
In the field of Law:
IUS/01 Private Law
IUS/04 Business Law
IUS/05 Economic Law
IUS/07 Labor Law
IUS/09 Public Law
IUS/10 Administrative Law
IUS/12 Taxation Law
IUS/13 International Law
IUS/14 EU Law
In the field of statistical-mathematics:
MAT/06 Probability and Statistical Mathematics
MAT/08 Numerical Analysis
MAT/09 Operations Research
SECS-S/03 Economic Statistics
SECS-S/06 Mathematical methods for Economics and Actuarial and Financial Sciences
In the case in which students are not in possession of the curricula requirements, they must retrieve them before enrollment exclusively by carrying out single programmes (Bachelor’s Degree level) at this or another university.
Personal preparation is understood as an adequate acquisition of knowledge and understanding of the following fields: microeconomics and macroeconomics, management, mathematics and financial mathematics, descriptive and inferential statistics, public and private law.
Personal preparation will be verified by the Teaching Committee through CV. Furthermore, carrying out an interview is required for students that are not in possession of the following qualifications:
- degree class:
- L-18 Science of Economy and Management; L-33 Economic Sciences; L-41 Statistics;
- 17 Science of Economy and Management; 28 Economic Sciences; 37 Statistical Sciences.
- minimum degree mark: 95/110.
The ECTS used to fulfill the curricular requirements cannot be taken into account to shorten the time spent studying.
If the student has already completed a Master's degree / specialisation in economic, business or statistical subjects with more than 95/110, the Teaching Committee will be able to evaluate the possible exemption of the student from the written test/ interview upon request.
Enrollment in a Ca’ Foscari open access Master’s Degree programme involves the following steps:
- Completing the online application to request an evaluation of your entry requirements;
- Completing the online enrolment form;
- Paying the first instalment of your university fees;
- the Enrolment Unit completing enrolment procedures within seven working days of payment.
Evaluation of entry requirements
For the evaluation of admission requirements, students must fill in the specific online request: results will be published in the “Evaluation Results” section of this website.
There are three evaluation sessions provided:
|Session||Filling in of online application||Publication of Results|
|1st session||Monday 3rd May - Friday 4th June 2021||Monday 28th June 2021|
|2nd session||Wednesday 7th July - Thursday 26th August 2021||Tuesday 14th September 2021|
|3th session||Friday 1st October - Thursday 4th November 2021||Wednesday 24th November 2021|
The verification of admission requirements can be carried out prior to completing all the required exams or to having graduated.
Before proceeding with the online application, remember to arrange it in electronic format:
Online application for evaluation of admission requirements
Before proceeding with the online application for evaluation of admission requirements, remember to arrange it in electronic format:
- auto-certification of the degree with signed exams (in which the following is indicated: University where degree was carried out, classes and degree programme, degree data and marks, exams taken with the relative scientific-disciplinary sector and weighted credits). Check whether the auto-certification, completed with all the above information, can be printed from the personal area of the provincial University’s website; alternatively, use the model of auto-certification present on this page;
- possible linguistic certification or useful documentation to certify belonging to one of the provided cases of exemption
- CV for verification of your personal preparation
Students and particular cases
If you participate in the evaluation as a student, during the completion of the online application you must substitute the degree grade with the weighted average of the exams you have taken, and the degree self certification with the self certification of enrolment onto exams.
If you are a student on a degree programme of the Old Order, you must fill in the online application, skipping over the part dedicated to inserting your curriculum requirements.
If you have achieved a qualification abroad you must verify the possession of curricular requirements and personal preparation by accessing the specific online procedure of evaluation.
Access to the application
To fill in the online application for the evaluation of entry requirements, click on the "online application" button found at the bottom right hand side of the page, insert your fiscal code, and select the Master's Degree programme and the chosen curriculum.
Important: at the end of the procedure, once you have inserted the required data, you must click on the "Confirm and send" button. At this point, it will not be possible to re-enter the procedure to make changes.
Verification test for personal preparation
The verification for personal preparation will take place both for graduates and for students about to graduate, on the following date:
- Monday 15th of November, 3.00 p.m. (the test will take place remotely);
Contents and method of completion
The test consists of an interview in english aiming to evaluate:
- the course of studies completed;
- reasons that lead to the enrollment in the master's degree programme selected;
- basic knowledge on topics of economics and international economics.
Students must arrive at the test with the following:
- a valid document of identification;
- receipt for payment of enrolment fee.
Students will have passed the test if their overall mark – an arithmetic average of the marks obtained from the interview (out of 110) and the degree grade – is equal or greater than 88/110.
In the case of students about to graduate, the final grade will only be calculated at the moment of enrolment, on the basis of the grade achieved.
Methods of Enrolment
The call list will be published on Thursday 11th November 2021 in the ‘Evaluation results’ section of this site. To be admitted to the test you must:
- book, from 11th November 2021 to 12 noon on 12th November 2021, through the specific procedure;
- carry out the enrolment fee totalling at 30 Euros. The payment can be paid logging in to the following page www.unive.it/payments-verificationtest-economics.
The enrolment fee allows you to partecipate, at the same meeting, in the verification test for personal preparation for all Master’s Degree programmes within the Department of Economics.
You may enrol from July 1st to September 30th, 2021.
A further enrolment period will be opened from November 18th to December 17th, 2021: registration will then involve the payment of a penalty of 50.00 Euros.
Graduands from the 2020/21 autumn session and students enrolled in a Master's degree programme who will graduate between October 1st and December 2021 will be able to register from November 18th to December 17th 2021 without paying any penalty surcharge.
It is possible to enrol once your entry requirements have been verified, as indicated by the online application. You may enrol only if you possess the entry requirements foreseen for your chosen Master’s Degree course.
Please note that you might be charged with an additional fee of 100,00 Euros automatically generated by the system after the payment of the first instalment. This fee will be modified or cancelled when the enrolment procedure will be confirmed, within 7 working days after payment of first instalment.
How to Enroll
To enrol you must only use the online procedure.
The procedure involves:
- Registering online with the University: registration involves giving your personal details, residence and contact information. You do not need to register online if you are already enrolled at Ca’ Foscari.
- Online pre-enrolment: in order to pre-enrol, you must access the Personal Area on the website with your
if you are not already enrolled at Ca’ Foscari) and select Department Administration Office and then select Enrol in open access Degree Courses. Once you have chosen the Master’s Degree, you will need to complete the online enrolment process. You will be asked to upload a photograph of yourself (passport sized, face on, clear and legible) in .jpeg format and then upload the following documentation:
- copy of a valid identity document (front and back);
- any additional documents necessary for enrolment ( for example, language certificates, Credit accreditation forms, self-certifications etc.);
If you have applied for entry requirement evaluation as a graduand, you must attach a signed self-certification form listing exams indicating: the name of the University, the name of the Course of study and class, the date of attainment and final degree mark, the name of individual exams with their scientific area and weight in credits. Verify if the self-certification form, complete with the above information, can be printed from your Personal Area of your University of origin. Alternatively, use the self-certification form found on this page.
Once the documents have been uploaded, it is necessary for you to confirm the information you have submitted and then continue on to the Payment section.
- Payment of the first tax rates and tuition fees: the payment is made by clicking on the “payments” button generated at the end of filling in the matriculation application;
- Completing the enrolment procedure: having completed the enrolment form and paying the first instalment of University fees does not mean that you have been automatically enrolled at Ca’. The enrolment procedure is completed within seven working days of payment. Confirmation of enrolment will be communicated by email. Please note that the seven working days take effect from the payment date and exclude Saturday as is not considered a working day.
It is possible to enrol or transfer to a Degree course by requesting:
- part-time student status;
- status of student-athlete;
- financial aid offered to students with disabilities.
September Exam Session
The opportunity to take an exam in the September exam session is at the discretion of the Course of Study Teaching Committee: to participate, recent graduates must contact the Teaching Committee in advance and request authorization.
Enrollment with ECTS Accreditation
You may enrol in a Master’s Degree Programme requesting accreditation for the following studies and training activities:
- Bachelor/Master’s Degrees, or Master’s Diplomas;
- Incomplete University studies as a result of withdrawal, lapsed status or transfer;
- Individual courses;
- Internship/traineeship/previous employment.
Enrolment with credit accreditation is not allowed to students concurrently enrolled in another University course and for which suspension has been requested.
Enrolment is always subordinate to an assessment of your personal academic preparation and your prerequisite academic knowledge, needed for admission to Master’s Degree courses.
The Accreditation Request Form must be attached when completing the on line enrolment procedure.
In case of transfer you do not have to submit the enrollment request that will be generated by Enrollment Unit.
You are required to pay €300.00 unless you enrol with accreditation:
- single courses or summer school courses, if the code of these courses are included in the study plan. If one or more courses are not included in your study plan but are part of the open unit credits, you will have to pay a 300.00 Euro additional fee;
- having transferred from another University.
The year of enrolment is determined on the basis of the number of ECTS Credits you have been awarded
- Up to 47, you will be enrolled in First Year;
- from 48 or more, you will be enrolled in Second Year.
Please note that in choosing the degree programme and a curriculum, you will only find courses for the 2021/2022 academic year: the Accreditation Form will be taken into consideration when it is time to finalize your enrolment. You will be enrolled in the exact year and with the curriculum specified on the Form. We remember you that in case of transfer you do not have to submit the enrollment request that will be generated by Enrollment Unit.
Accreditation Request Period
The request for credit recognition must be submitted to the Treviso Campus from June 3rd 2021 to September 10th 2021. After this date the only accreditation requests that will be accepted are those arriving between the dates of October 15th 2021 to November 30th 2021 exclusively for students enrolling in a Master’s Degree in the November 18th 2021 to December 17th 2021 period.
In case of transfer the deadline is November 30th 2021.
You are required to submit:
- a signed self-certification form listing exams. Please indicate for each exam: the name of the Course of study and class, the name of the University, the name of individual exams taken with their scientific area and weight in credits, the mark and the exam date. Please verify if self-certification is available in your University Reserved Area: if it is not available or, if all the required data is not listed, you may use the forms on this page;
- any exam programmes in your possession.
Requests for accreditation are to be submitted to the Treviso Campus which will then be subject to evaluation by the Teaching Committee. Once approved, the Accreditation Form will be sent to you via e-mail. Please remember to sign the form.
Should you wish to request accreditation exclusively for previous Ca’ Foscari activities that have the same teaching code you find in the study plan of the course you wish to enrol in (for example, requesting accreditation for individual courses studied at Ca’ Foscari), you may complete the Accreditation Form by yourself and attach it directly during the online Enrollment procedure.
ECTS Accreditation Criteria
Accreditation will be made based on the following criteria:
- The number of credits acquired will be accredited as specified; exception being for Ca’ Foscari students who have previously withdrawn from courses or forfeited their studies. For these applicants, specific incentives have been provided;
- Exams that have already been used as entry requirements will not be awarded further accreditation.
If you have a Professional Master’s Programme, you can get recognition up to a maximum of 60 Credits.
The activities recognized by Bachelor’s, Master’s Degrees or Professional Master’s Diplomas have no impact in terms of the final mark average needed for admission to graduation. On the other hand, the activities accredited from the study of single courses and incomplete university studies following withdrawal, lapsed student status or incoming transfer are taken into consideration in the final mark average.
Last update: 14/10/2021