For Academic year 2020/21, admission onto the Master’s Degree programme in Science and Technology of Bio and Nanomaterials requires:
- specific curricula requirements, matured with the obtainment of a definite number of credits in certain disciplinary fields;
- an adequate personal preparation;
- understanding of English language at level B2; the list of certifications and cases of exemption are available on the dedicated web page. Each knowledge will be verified by the office at the moment of enrolment.
Matriculation onto the Master’s Degree Programme is subject to the possession of the above requirements.
Minimum curricular requirements
Minimum credit requirements (ECTS): 50 ECTS in the following scientific-disciplinary sectors;
BIO/01 General Botany
BIO/04 Plant Physiology
BIO/11 Molecular Biology
BIO/19 General Microbiology
CHIM/01 Analytical Chemistry
CHIM/02 Physical Chemistry
CHIM/03 General and Inorganic Chemistry
CHIM/04 Industrial Chemistry
CHIM/05 Science and technology of polymers
CHIM/06 Organic Chemistry
CHIM/12 Chemistry of Environment and Cultural Heritage
FIS/01 Experimental Physics
FIS/03 Matter Physics
ING-IND/22 Materials Science and Technology
MAT/06 Probability and Statistical Mathematics
In the case in which students are not in possession of the curricula requirements, they must retrieve them before enrollment exclusively by carrying out single programmes (Bachelor’s Degree level) at this or other universities.
Personal preparation is understood as an adequate acquisition of knowledge and understanding of the basic disciplines (mathematics, physics and chemistry) and understanding and abilities, whether theoretical or experimental, in merit to processes of transformation, synthesis and analysis of materials, and biological transformation.
Personal preparation will be verified by the Didactic College through the evaluation of CV, that reserves the right to conduct an oral interview.
By rule, students are considered in possession of personal preparation if they attain the following requirements:
- degree class:
- L-2 Biotechnologies , L-9 Industrial engineering , L-13 Biology, L-27 Chemistry, L-30 Physics, L-43 Conservation and restoration of cultural heritage;
- 01 Biotechnologies, 10 Industrial engineering, 12 Biology, 21 Chemistry, 25 Physics, 41 Technologies for conservation and restoration of cultural assets.
- minimun degree mark: 85/110.
Enrollment in a Ca’ Foscari open access Master’s Degree programme involves the following steps:
- Completing the online self-certification form to request an evaluation of your entry requirements;
- Completing the online enrolment form;
- Paying the first instalment of your university fees;
- the Enrolment Unit completing enrolment procedures within seven working days of payment.
Evaluation of entry requirements
For the evaluation of admission requirements, students must fill in the specific online auto-certification: results will be published in the “Evaluation Results” section of this website.
There are three evaluation sessions provided:
|Session||Filling in of Self Certification||Publication of Results|
|1st session||Monday 4th May - Friday 5th June 2020||Friday 26th June 2020|
|2nd session||Wednesday 8th July - Thursday 27th August 2020||Tuesday 15th September 2020|
|3th session||Thursday 1st October - Wednesday 4th November 2020||Tuesday 24th November 2020|
The verification of admission requirements can be carried out prior to completing all the required exams or to having graduated.
Before proceeding with the self certification of admission requirements, remember to arrange it in electronic format:
Online application for auto-certification of admission requirements
Before proceeding with the self certification of admission requirements, remember to arrange it in electronic format:
- auto-certification of the degree with signed exams (in which the following is indicated: University where degree was carried out, classes and degree programme, degree data and marks, exams taken with the relative scientific-disciplinary sector and weighted credits). Check whether the auto-certification, completed with all the above information, can be printed from the personal area of the provincial University’s website; alternatively, use the model of auto-certification present on this page;
- possible linguistic certifications or useful documentation or certify belonging to one of the provided cases of exemption;
- CV for the verification of personal preparation.
Students and particular cases
If you participate in the evaluation as a student, during the completion of the self certification you must substitute the degree grade with the weighted average of the exams you have taken, and the degree self certification with the self certification of enrolment onto exams.
If you are a student on a degree programme of the Old Order, you must fill in the self certification of requirements online, skipping over the part dedicated to inserting your curriculum requirements.
If you have achieved a qualification abroad you must not no the self-certification online, instead you must verify the possession of curricular requirements and personal preparation by accessing the specific online procedure of evaluation.
Evaluation Outcome: possible cases
The result of the evaluation will be published on the website: in cases of success you may proceed directly to enrolment.
Access will not be permitted if:
- you are not in possession of personal preparation, you must fill in the self-certification online again to participate in a new evaluation session;
- the inserted curricula requirements do not total the amount of credits required, you must collect them by taking part in single courses (Bachelor’s Degree level) at this or another University. Once you have obtained them, you may proceed with enrolment without accessing a new online application for self-certification of admission requirements;
- the results lack either curricula requirements or personal preparation, you may proceed with enrolment only after having obtained the requirements by undertaking the single courses and verifying personal preparation with success by participating in a new evaluation session;
If you do not have possession of certificated understanding of English language at B2 level, once you have obtained the requirements you can proceed with enrolment without accessing a new online application for self-certification of admission requirements: you must insert the useful documentation to demonstrate linguistic understanding during the completion of the online application and enrolment.
You may enrol from July 1st to September 30th, 2020.
A further enrolment period will be opened from November 18th to December 17th, 2020: registration will then involve the payment of a penalty of 50.00 Euros.
Graduands from the 2019/20 autumn session and students enrolled in a Master's degree programme who will graduate between October 1st and December 2020 will be able to register from November 18th to December 17th 2020 without paying any penalty surcharge.
It is possible to enrol once your entry requirements have been verified, as indicated by the online application. You may enrol only if you possess the entry requirements foreseen for your chosen Master’s Degree course.
How to Enroll
To enrol you must only use the online procedure.
The procedure involves:
- Registering online with the University: registration involves giving your personal details, residence and contact information. You do not need to register online if you are already enrolled at Ca’ Foscari: to access your Personal Area you will need to use the username and the password you have been assigned. Should you forget your username and/or password, you may recover them with this procedure [IT].
- Online pre-enrolment: to pre-enrol you will need to access your Personal Area on the Ca’ Foscari website with the username and the password you are assigned at the end of the registration process. Select Department Administration Office and then select Enrol in open access Degree Courses. Once you have chosen the Master’s Degree, you will need to complete the online enrolment process. You will be asked to upload a photograph of yourself (passport sized, face on, clear and legible) in .jpeg format and then upload the following documentation:
- copy of a valid identity document (front and back);
- any additional documents necessary for enrolment ( for example, language certificates, Credit accreditation forms, self-certifications etc.);
If you have applied for entry requirement evaluation as a graduand, you must attach a signed self-certification form listing exams indicating: the name of the University, the name of the Course of study and class, the date of attainment and final degree mark, the name of individual exams with their scientific area and weight in credits. Verify if the self-certification form, complete with the above information, can be printed from your Personal Area of your University of origin. Alternatively, use the self-certification form found on this page.
Once the documents have been uploaded, it is necessary for you to confirm the information you have submitted and then continue on to the Payment section.
- Payment of the first tax rates and tuition fees: the payment is made by clicking on the “payments” button generated at the end of filling in the matriculation application;
- Completing the enrolment procedure: having completed the enrolment form and paying the first instalment of University fees does not mean that you have been automatically enrolled at Ca’. The enrolment procedure is completed within seven working days of payment. Confirmation of enrolment will be communicated by email. Please note that the seven working days take effect from the payment date and exclude Saturday as is not considered a working day.
It is possible to enrol or transfer to a Degree course by requesting:
- part-time student status;
- status of student-athlete;
- financial aid offered to students with disabilities.
September Exam Session
The opportunity to take an exam in the September exam session is at the discretion of the Course of Study Teaching Committee: to participate, recent graduates must contact the Teaching Committee in advance and request authorization.
Enrollment with ECTS Accreditation
You may enrol in a Master’s Degree Programme requesting accreditation for the following studies and training activities:
- Bachelor/Master’s Degrees, or Master’s Diplomas;
- Incomplete University studies as a result of withdrawal, lapsed status or transfer;
- Individual courses;
- Internship/traineeship/previous employment.
Enrolment with credit accreditation is not allowed to students concurrently enrolled in another University course and for which suspension has been requested.
Enrolment is always subordinate to an assessment of your personal academic preparation and your prerequisite academic knowledge, needed for admission to Master’s Degree courses.
The Accreditation Request Form must be attached when completing the on line enrolment procedure.
In case of transfer you do not have to submit the enrollment request that will be generated by Enrollment Unit.
You are required to pay €300.00 unless you enrol with accreditation:
- single courses or summer school courses, if the code of these courses are included in the study plan. If one or more courses are not included in your study plan but are part of the open unit credits, you will have to pay a 300.00 Euro additional fee;
- having transferred from another University.
The year of enrolment is determined on the basis of the number of ECTS Credits you have been awarded
- Up to 47, you will be enrolled in First Year;
- from 48 or more, you will be enrolled in Second Year.
Please note that in choosing the degree programme and a curriculum, you will only find courses for the 2020/2021 academic year: the Accreditation Form will be taken into consideration when it is time to finalize your enrolment. You will be enrolled in the exact year and with the curriculum specified on the Form. We remember you that in case of transfer you do not have to submit the enrollment request that will be generated by Enrollment Unit.
Accreditation Request Period
The request for credit recognition must be submitted to the Scientific Campus from June 3rd 2020 to September 11th 2020. After this date the only accreditation requests that will be accepted are those arriving between the dates of October 15th 2020 to November 30th 2020 exclusively for students enrolling in a Master’s Degree in the November 18th 2020 to December 17th 2020 period.
In case of transfer the deadline is November 30th 2020.
You are required to submit:
- a signed self-certification form listing exams. Please indicate for each exam: the name of the Course of study and class, the name of the University, the name of individual exams taken with their scientific area and weight in credits, the mark and the exam date. Please verify if self-certification is available in your University Reserved Area: if it is not available or, if all the required data is not listed, you may use the forms on this page;
- any exam programmes in your possession.
Requests for accreditation are to be submitted to the Scientific Campus which will then be subject to evaluation by the Teaching Committee. Once approved, the Accreditation Form will be sent to you via e-mail. Please remember to sign the form.
ECTS Accreditation Criteria
Accreditation will be made based on the following criteria:
- The number of credits acquired will be accredited as specified; exception being for Ca’ Foscari students who have previously withdrawn from courses or forfeited their studies. For these applicants, specific incentives have been provided;
- Exams that have already been used as entry requirements will not be awarded further accreditation.
If you have a Professional Master’s Programme, you can get recognition up to a maximum of 60 Credits.
The activities recognized by Bachelor’s, Master’s Degrees or Professional Master’s Diplomas have no impact in terms of the final mark average needed for admission to graduation. On the other hand, the activities accredited from the study of single courses and incomplete university studies following withdrawal, lapsed student status or incoming transfer are taken into consideration in the final mark average.
Last update: 23/02/2021