President of the BA program in Digital Management (a.y.2021-2022).
Associate Professor at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Italy
- 2018 - present - Associate Professor at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Italy
- 2008-2018 - Aggregate Professor at Udine University, Udine, Italy
International Experience (2010-present)
- The George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA (from 2017). Member of the Ph.D. Committee.
- Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran (from 2015). Lecturer at DBA Program, Lecturer at the Knowledge Management Forum.
- Graduate School of Management, St Petersburg University, Russia (2016-2018). Invited Speaker.
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, China (2016 - 2017). Visiting Professor and Guest Lecturer e-learning.
- Aoyama Gakuin University, Tokyo, Japan (2016). Guest Lecturer.
- Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia (2014). Guest Lecturer.
- Angelo State University, San Angelo, TX, USA (2013). Guest Lecturer.
- Leicester University, Leicester, UK (2012 - 2013). Visiting Researcher.
- Florida Gulf Coast University, Lutgert College of Business, Fort Myers, FL, USA (2010-2013). Visiting Professor.
- 2018- present - Most Innovative Knowledge Enterprise (MIKE) Award Representative for Italy; International Member of Global MIKE
- 2018 - Third as the best case study award at the conference "European Conference on Knowledge Management" - ECKM
- 2016- present – International Member of the Most Admired Knowledge Enterprise (MAKE)/Most Innovative Knowledge Enterprise (MIKE) award for Iran and Iran MAKE/MIKE Secretariat.
- 2016 – Emerald Literati Award Winner for Highly Commended Paper for the Journal of Knowledge Management.
- 2014 – My book on Sustainable Development got the endorsement of ambassador Andrew Young who wrote the “to the reader” section and Prof. Hafiz Mirza Chief, Investment Issues Research Section, UNCTAD, who wrote the “foreword” section. The book was presented during a Vernissage held at UNO headquarters in Geneva (Switzerland).
- 2013 – Third as the best conference proposal award at the conference “Strategy in Complex Settings”, organized by Strategic Management Society, Glasgow for the paper “Strategy map as visual artifact for strategy-making in complex settings”.
- 2012 - Finalist as the best thematic paper at the Academy of International Business - South East USA, Fort Lauderdale.
Department of Management Director
Professor of Management and Organization of the Department of Management, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice.
She is the current Department of Management Director at Ca' Foscari University. Since 2013 she is the director of the PhD program in Management, she is the vice-president of the European Doctoral programs Association in Management & Business Administration. Her research focuses on digital transformation and organization design, organization and management for innovation, cognitive mechanism for innovation and entrepreneurship . She is author of international books and articles.
Associate Professor at the Ca' Foscari University of Venice, in the Department of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics
In the first part of his career he mainly focused on network security, while currently he is modelling, understanding, and improving Community Networks (CNs). He worked on the routing protocols, the scalability and the networking aspects of those large-scale, real-world mesh networks.
In the period 2016-2018 he was the technical coordinator of netCommons, the first European research project studying CNs with an interdisciplinary approach.
You can find many more details and his full CV on his personal webpage.
Assistant professor at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
He has 15 years of experience in scientific research in the application of static analysis techniques to the software engineering process proven by about 50 scientific articles, 20 patents, 60 talks at various technical conferences, universities and fairs, supervision of a dozen of PhD, master and bachelor students, involvement in several research projects from the writing of the proposal to the development and conclusion of the project. He joined Ca’ Foscari University as a tenure-track assistant professor in November 2019.
Nov. 2019 – Today: Assistant professor at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Italy
Feb. 2016 – Nov. 2019: Head of Research and Development at JuliaSoft SRL, Verona, Italy
Jul. 2013 – Dec. 2015: Research Staff Member at IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, New York, U.S.A.
Apr. 2009 – Jul. 2013: Postdoc and lecturer at ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Oct. 2005 – May 2009: PhD in Computer Science at Ecole Polytechnique of Paris, France and Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Italy
Jul. 2003 – Feb. 2005: MA in Computer Science at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Italy
Sep. 2000 – Jul. 2003: BA in Computer Science at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Italy
Assistant Professor of Economic Statistics
Since 2007, Assistant Professor of Economic Statistics (joined Ca' Foscari in November 2019)
2004-2007: PhD in Quantitative Models for Economic Policy, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Piacenza
1993-1999: Laurea in Mathematics, University of Ferrara
Income distribution and inequality measurement, earnings mobility, earnings polarization
Firm size distribution and concentration measurement, bank size distribution
Robust statistics, with applications to time series modelling and forecasting
Robust segmentation with application to strategic firm behaviour
Economic Time Series
Economic and Business Statistics
Quantitative Marketing Research
Associate Professor of Applied Economics at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
Elisa Barbieri è professoressa associata di Economia Applicata all’Università Ca’ Foscari di Venezia (Cattedra H-Farm) dove insegna International Economics and Development Studies, International Political Economy e Economics of Innovation, Growth Theory and Development Economics. Laureata a Ferrara si è specializzata all’Università di Manchester (UK) in Economia dello sviluppo.Ha conseguito il dottorato di ricerca in Economia, Politiche Pubbliche ed Europee all’Università di Ferrara. È stata ricercatrice in visita presso South China University of Technology e University of California Los Angeles e project manager della China and Italy School of Policy, scuola di formazione per funzionari pubblici e dirigenti di impresa. È membro del direttivo di c.MET05 (Centro Interuniversitario Nazionale di Economia Applicata) e del collegio di dottorato congiunto Università di Ferrara e Parma. E’ docente del Master in Global Management for China. È nel comitato didirezione delle riviste Competition and Change e l’Industria. Ha pubblicato sui temi della economia e politica industriale e delle economie emergenti su riviste scientifiche fra cui World Development, China Economic Review, Cambridge Journal of Regions Economy and Society e Regional Studies. E' co-autrice del volume “Southern China: Industry, Development and Industrial Policy” pubblicato da Routledge nel 2013.
Professor of Business Administration and Global Sourcing at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
Giovanni Vaia’s interests include organization design and general management with a specific focus on digital transformation, information systems, network governance and outsourcing, performance management. He is the founder and the Scientific Director of the Digital Enterprise Lab (DEL) at Ca’ Foscari Venice. He is responsible of the digital transformation and organization optimization in many public organizations and private multinational companies.
Associate Professor at the Department of Management at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
Pietro obtained a Ms (4 years) in Business Economics (2003) and a post- lauream Master cum laude (2006) at Bocconi University. From 2003 to 2009 he worked as Researcher at IEFE - Center for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy at Bocconi University. During this period he spent four months (2006-2007) working at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City (Department of Economic and Social Affairs). He has also been a member of staff at SPACE Bocconi - European Center for the Studies on Corporate Protection (2007) and he is advisor for the Fondazione Ambiente T. Fenoglio in Turin.
In 2009 he started a PhD programme (Full Scholarship) in Management and he gained his PhD - Doctor Europaeus from the Graduate School of Economics at Cà Foscari University. He spent one year at the University of Aarhus, Denmark, where he has also been involved in teaching activities.
Pietro’s research interests include a) consumer behavior in the field of sustainability, with a focus on mobility and on spillover-related phenomena; b) policies and organizational issues in mobility planning.
Pietro’s current network of co-authors and collaborators includes scholars from Ca' Foscari University, Bocconi University, Sant’Anna University and Brescia University in Italy, plus scholars from UDESC (Brazil) and Aarhus University (Denmark) abroad.