Double Degree with Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
The Double Degree in Iberian and Ibero-American Studies (Doble titulación en Estudios Ibéricos e Iberoamericanos) is a new Master's Degree jointly created by Ca' Foscari University of Venice - Department of Linguistics and Comparative Cultural Studies (DSLCC) and the Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo (Vitória, ES - Brazil).
The Double Degree offers students from both institutions the possibility of carrying out an international course of study by attending one part at the home University and another (one semester, equivalent to 30 ECTS credits) at the host University.
Students who attend this programme write a dissertation under co-supervision from instructors from both Universities; the thesis discussion can be held in either location. At the end of the course of study students will have attained a double title:
- Master's Degree in European, American and Post-Colonial Languages and Literatures (specialising in Iberian Studies), from Ca' Foscari University of Venice;
- Mestrado em Letras (Program de Pós-Graduação em Letras) from the Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo.
Ca' Foscari students based in Brazil may be able to obtain scholarships or reimbursements, based on the availability of funding.
At Ca’ Foscari University of Venice the programme is open to students who have successfully completed their first year of a Master's degree in European, American and Post-Colonial Languages and Literatures (LLEAP).
Students who intend on applying for this degree programme must have a satisfactory level of Portuguese or Spanish (C level under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
How to apply
To be able to participate in the selection process, it is necessary to apply following the procedures and deadlines reported in the call for applications, published annually.
Double/joint degree selection results will be published on this webpage according to the specific timeline mentioned in the Annex A.
Calls and forms
|Ranking list [ITA]||192 K|
Studying abroad and returning to Italy
Before leaving to go abroad, you must:
- agree upon the studies you will carry out while at the host University (Learning Agreement) together with Prof. Regazzoni/Cannavacciuolo, and update your plan of study if necessary;
- hand in your completed and signed Learning Agreement to the Ca' Foscari International Relations Office.
The Ca' Foscari International Relations Office will contact successful applicants with any further documentation required by the Universidad Federal do Espírito Santo.
Arrival at the Host University
Upon arrival at the host University you need to visit the Secretaría de Pós--Graduação em Letras at the Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo in order to present the following documents, and have them signed:
- Learning Agreement;
- Changes to the learning agrement form, should you need to modify your plan of study (all changes must be approved by the coordinator of the programme from both Universities, preferably before courses start);
- Confirmation of stay abroad form (only the first part outlining your arrival at the host University to be filled out during this phase).
All documents must then be sent by email or fax to the Ca' Foscari International Relations Office ( firstname.lastname@example.org; fax: +39 041 2347576). Students must keep the original documents.
Before Returning to Italy
Before returning to Italy you must complete the second part of the Confirmation of stay abroad form (outlining your departure from the host University), and have it signed by the host University.
Return to Italy
Upon your return to Italy you must present original copies of the following documents to the Ca' Foscari International Relations Office:
- Learning Agreement, and if necessary, the Changes to the learning agreement form, signed where required;
- Confirmation of stay abroad form, outlining your period of study abroad;
- Transcript of Records (issued by the host University).
To apply to graduate students must follow the standard graduation procedure for all students of Ca' Foscari.
Last update: 25/02/2021