Traineeship and substitute activities
As part of the training activities defined as "The student's choice" (8 cfu – university training credits) and "Other" (5 cfu credits), the study plan foresees, respectively
- 6 cfu – free-choice exam
- 2 CFU - The so-called mandatory "Seminars" can be acquired through attending seminars organized by Ca' Foscari or by other cultural institutions that are advertised on the University website. The lecturer who organizes the activity will be the Tutor and will certify the presence of the student. For the recognition of 1 credit (cfu) it is necessary to attend at least one day of the seminar, plus the drafting of a short final report. At the end of the activity all documentation must be handed in to the Campus so that it can be signed by the Seminar Manager (the referent) (Prof. Nico Stringa). It is possible to achieve the 2 credits by extending the mandatory internship by 50 hours if the objectives of the training project require it.
- 5 CFUs for Mandatory curricular internship
- 6 cfu – Exam of choice/Internship. The exam of your choice can be replaced by a further internship activity. You can then carry out an internship of up to 13 credits, but in this case the student must:
- prepare a training project aimed at the master's degree thesis, to be presented for approval to the Coordinator of the Teaching College, before starting the internship and with the involvement of the lecturer. The training project must be of a highly occupational nature..
- at the end of the internship, the student must present a written report the Coordinator of at least 10 pages containing a detailed report on the activity completed, with critical analysis and evidence of the achievement of the project objectives.
Previous activities cannot be recognized.
During the study course, students are able to carry out a period of professional training at public or private firms agreed upon with Ca’ Foscari. The internship activity is recognised in ECTS, for a maximum of 13 ECTS.
The University Internship service is involved with activating the internships and the relative forms and documentation.
Students enrolled on the EGART curriculum should refer to the Humanities Campus.
The full list of activated internships at Ca’ Foscari are found in the Personal Area, where the list of internships in Italy can also be found.
Internships to Activate
Students that intend on proposing the activation of a new agreement with an institute where they will carry out their internship can consult the procedure for activating the internship, where they will also find the relative documents to send to the institute.
The procedure for activating an internship must be completed before the beginning of the activity on behalf of the student. The Didactic College will not take activities into consideration that have already been carried out without agreement with the referent scholar.
Any professor teaching in the degree programme can be a Tutor, in relation to the relevance of the course to the training project of the internship. The student must conact the professor who can sign the required documents after an interview if deemed necessary. At the end of the internship, the student must bring the required documentation to the professor and write, if requested, a short report on her/his activities. Once approved, the documents must be delivered to the Department Teaching Office of the Humanities Campus.
Substitute Internship activities
The Didactic College can recognise certificated professional understanding and abilities as formative credits, as long as they are coherent with the formative objectives on the degree programme.
For recognition of substitute internship activities (seminars, conferences, study days, workshops, laboratories etc), the referent scholar is Professor Nico Stringa.
Students must previously present the request, via email, to the Campus Secretary who, in cases of doubt and non-inclusive cases from those mentioned in other sections of the page, will consult the referent scholar.
At the start of the activity, students must fill in the specific form found in the Personal Area. The same form, at the end of the activity, should be handed in to the Humanities Campus, signed by the scholar tutor for the single activity, alongside any other possible documentation, such as register of presence, report of the activity carried out, final report already evaluated by the scholar tutor.
The Didactic College will not recognise previous or unauthorised activities.
To consult the available substitute activities, visit the Italian page.
Last update: 02/09/2019