Double Degree with Goethe-Universität (Frankfurt)
The agreement is valid for students selected up to the A.Y. 2019/2020.
Since the 2016/2017 academic year, Ca’ Foscari University has had an inter-university co-operation relationship with the Goethe-Universität of Frankfurt am Main (Germany). It was created as a joint study program, integrating the educational paths of the two partner universities and providing mobility periods for students and teachers. At the end of the course the students then get a double degree:
- Masters Degree in Italian Philology and Literature from Ca’ Foscari University of Venice;
- Master of Arts in Italienstudien from the Goethe - Universität Frankfurt am Main
For selected Ca’ Foscari students in particular, the course of study within the two-year curriculum provides attendance for the second and third semester at the Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main.
Access to the double-degree is open to students enrolled in the Italian Philology and Literature Master at Ca’ Foscari University.
Students who enroll in this degree programme must have a knowledge of the German language at level B2 or above, and this will be evaluated in the selection procedure.
Equivalences between courses
After being selected, the student must get in touch with the contact person of the programme (prof. Daniele Baglioni) to agree the curriculum and exams to be taken on the basis of equivalence between the Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main courses and courses at Ca’ Foscari.
Ca’ Foscari students can contact the referent teacher of the study programme (prof. Daniele Baglioni) for information about any economic incentives and scholarships.
Before departing to go abroad
- the student must submit the plan of educational activities to be followed at the host university to prof. Baglioni (Learning Agreement) and shall then deliver the Learning Agreement, completed and signed, to the International Relations Office at Ca’ Foscari.
- the student must compile the remaining documentation required, and must refer to the International Office ( email@example.com).
During the mobility
Upon arriving the host university, the student must go to International Students Office of the Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main to deliver and to sign the following documents:
- the Learning Agreement;
- confirmation of stay abroad form (to be completed at this stage in the first part on arrival at the host university).
Soon after, all documents must be sent to the Ca’ Foscari International Relations Office via e-mail ( firstname.lastname@example.org). The student must keep all original copies.
Before returning to Italy
Before returning to Italy, the student has to complete the second part of the Confirmation of the stay abroad form and get it signed by their host university (the part related to departure from the host university for the return to Italy).
Upon Returning to Italy
The student must submit the following original documents to the International Relations Office at Ca’ Foscari
- the confirmation of the stay abroad form, which officially states the entire period of mobility that has been carried out;
- signed copy of the Learning Agreement;
- transcript of Records, ie the certificate of exams taken abroad;
- boarding passes and supporting expenditure (accommodation, travel) in their original format.
To apply for graduation, the Double Diploma in Language Sciences student must follow the procedure laid down for all other Ca’ Foscari students. The dissertation will be assessed by a Ca’ Foscari invigilator and co-rapporteur from the Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main.
Last update: 15/07/2020