Assignment of your thesis supervisor
Useful infromation about the final degree exam
The Department of Management has prepared a guidebook with useful information about the final degree exam. Please consult it in order to know how to:
- request a professor belonging to the Department of Management as your thesis supervisor;
- research materials and how to structure and prepare your thesis.
|Degree Thesis Guide||675 K|
Students can choose as thesis supervisor (Bachelor’s or Master's Degree):
- a full professor, an associate or a researcher belonging to the Department of Management, by following the online procedure;
- a full professor, an associate or a researcher belonging to the Department of Economics;
Adjunct professors may be supervisors only if they hold teaching required by the degree programme.
Thesis supervisors may not include:
- adjunct professors of supplementary activities
- non-permanent professors
- Foreing Language Assistants (CEL)
- visiting professors
Students can ask the teaching committee a non-economic area supervisor: if the response of the committee will be positive, a second supervisor of economic area will be assigned.
Online procedure for the assignment of your thesis supervisor
If the professor who will be your thesis supervisor belongs to the Department of Management, is mandatory to complete online procedure. If the supervisor is related to the Department of Economics this procedure is not necessary.
Before that, please meet the professor during his/her office hours according to propose your thesis' topic.
IMPORTANT: do not confuse the Department's online procedure for the assignment of your thesis supervisor with the online request to graduate. For further information check this web page.
In order to complete the online procedure and get a thesis supervisor, please follow these instructions:
- Entrer your Personal Area using your useername and password and follow the path: Segreteria studenti – Esse3 > Assegnazione del relatore per la tesi [ITA]
- Click on "Accedi applicazione”
- Click on “Compila una nuova domanda di tesi”
- Select your Department
- Complete the online form
- Select the professor
- Click on "Invia proposta"
The deadlines to complete the online form and the response dates of professors are as follow:
|Online form application||Professors' response|
|15th April - 15th May||16th - 25th May|
|1st - 30th September||1st - 10th October|
|10th - 31st January||1st - 10th February|
Professors will reply telematically, either accepting, rejecting or requesting a modification to your thesis proposal. Within 15 days from professor's reply, please complete the online procedure by clickinf "Conferma".
Proposals that have not been confirmed by this time will be automatically refused.
Last update: 12/08/2022