Results of the project "HAIR: Hair & Agrifood innovare riciclando"
The results of the project "HAIR: Hair & Agrifood innovare riciclando" financed by FSE Regione Veneto will be presented on July, 22nd at 10 a.m. in the Scientific Campus.
"Congratulations to Dr. Cristina Pizzolitto!"
winner of the best PhD thesis in Catalysis (edition 2021, founded by Italian Chemical Society and GIC)
"Congratulations to CATMAT graduates!"
On 06/05/2021 our students Alberto and Martina had the final examination and graduated on "Chimica e Tecnologie sostenibili".
New released article on LIFE GOAST PROJECT
LIFE GOAST team has published an editorial on "Il sole 24 ore" - Economia circolare" speaking and presenting the project objectives and results in view of the circular economy perspective and focusing on the re-utilization of the side-products from the leather shavings.
(December 21st, 2020)
CATMAT is available for researches in partnership with companies in order to collaborate on projects of common interest. In this way, companies can have access to the knowledge and skills of the CATMAT researchers, laboratories and research facilities.
The partnership can be developed through:
- Research projects;
- Funding of research grants, doctoral scholarships on selected topics;
- An industrial doctorate that allows companies to train, through a PhD program on a selected topic, their employees already engaged in highly qualified activities.
CATMAT has been already involved in many collaborations with industrial partners, such as Evonik, Casale, MTS, TEXA, Unired, H.D.R., Italcementi.
Our thesis proposals
All CATMAT thesis projects involve the design of innovative materials, their characterisation and their use for desired applications. Some topics:
- Formulation of highly performant cosmetics from natural raw materials
- Formulation of innovative materials for drug delivery systems
- Formulation of inexpensive, innovative multifunctional materials to be used in green building industry
- How to store sunlight? Photocatalysis turns CO2 and bio-alcohols into solar fuels
- Energy relies on hydrogen: how to obtain it by renewable sustainable sources?
- Waste to wheel (w2w): how to turn biomass into chemicals and fuels? Development of process to upgrade lignocellulosis wastes
- Formulation of multifunctional materials for Cultural Heritage
- Formulation of innovative coatings for roman frescos (in collaboration with IIT)
- Synthesis of innovative materials for applications in the traditional venician "marmorino"