How to enroll
The selection procedure is completely online and involves the following steps:
- Registration on the University website www.unive.it/registrazione [ITA] / www.unive.it/registration [ENG]: enter your name and birth date, place of residence and/or domicile, if necessary.
After registering you will be assigned a temporary Username and Password (active from the following day) allowing you to access your Personal Area for the next phase of enrolment.
If you already have login details to the Personal Area (for example, if you are a former student of Ca’ Foscari), you can skip this step and go straight to the following step.
- Online application submission: to participate in the selection procedure you must submit your application before the deadline: September 15th, 2020. Go to your Personal Area (menu > eng > Login) and choose the type of programme (1st or 2nd level) followed by the name of the Professional Master’s programme in which you wish to enrol.
Remember to attach the following to your application:
- self-certification confirming that you have the necessary qualifications;
- curriculum vitae;
- photocopy of a valid ID document;
- any other documents that may be requested for admission to your chosen Professional Master’s programme.
IMEF has a limited number of attendants to the course. The maximum number of places available is 20, the minimum in order to activate the course is 10.
In order to apply to IMEF Master’s Programme, you have to submit your Master’s Degree diploma (Laurea pre-riforma ante 509/99/laurea specialistica/laurea magistrale) or an equivalent foreign qualification, which will be evaluated by our International Relations Office (note: students with only a Bachelor’s Degree will be automatically rejected).
- Non EU candidates with a foreign academic qualification must submit the following documents: a ‘Diploma Supplement’ issued by their University plus a certificate of exams taken during the Academic career. In case of admittance, non-EU citizens will have to deliver a copy of Visa and their permit of stay (to be requested within 8 days from the arrival in Italy).
- Italian applicants are entitled to apply to IMEF before obtaining their degree. However, they must acquire their diploma within the academic year previous to the one in which the Master is activated and submit their degree certificate for enrolment (e.g. IMEF edition 2019/2020: degree obtained within the academic year 2018-19).
- Ca’ Foscari students graduating in the autumn session can still apply for the Master’s Course. In this case, the enrolment process will be considered official only after graduation.
Applicants are not allowed to enroll to IMEF while being enroled in other university courses at the same time.
A good knowledge of English (all applicants must provide a B2 English level according to the European Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)) and a solid background in quantitative methods (mathematical and statistical) applied to Economics are requested to access IMEF.
Admission to the programme by the Academic Board is based on a careful comparative evaluation of each candidate’s qualification, according to the curriculum vitae and academic titles submitted. The Academic Board evaluates the candidate’s abilities and reserves the right to submit the student to an entry test.
Further steps for the enrolment to IMEF will be outlined via e-mail to the admitted candidates.
For more specific information, please write an e-mail to IMEF Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition fees and financial aid
The enrolment and tuition fees are € 7.000. The fees must be paid in two instalments:
- € 4.000 + € 16 duty stamp (not refundable) when the selected student accepts to attend the Master’s course, after receiving the Admission Letter (within September, 9th 2019);
- € 3.000 within November 15th, 2019.
Participants can drop off at any time without any reimboursement, except for what expressed in art. 8 of the University Rules for the Master's Programme.
Scholarships will be awarded on merit basis by IMEF sponsors to reduce the amount of the tuition fees. The fee reduction (up to € 4.500) depends on your previous academic performance.
Full- or partial-tuition scholarships are available from Generali and Prometeia; financial aids are available from Intesa Sanpaolo, too.
Look also at the Agevolazioni pagamento tasse [ITA] - Short-term loans [ENG].
Last update: 20/07/2020