How to submit your ISEE request
ISEE for University financial aid
The ISEE indicator is a tool assessing the effective income and asset situation of anyone requesting financial aid, and is obtained by combining and assessing three factors: income, assets and the composition of the household.
Your household will be assessed in combination with that of your parents unless both of the following conditions are met:
- you have lived away from your family home for at least two years prior to submitting your application for each study programme for the first time, in an accommodation not owned by a family member;
- you have income from employment or declarable tax income of at least 6,500,000 EUR with reference to a single-person household.
ISEE certification is needed to access all forms of university financial aid. Please note that ISEE certification will not be considered in the following cases:
- the certification was submitted after the deadline;
- the declaration shows discrepancies reported by INPS, not corrected;
- you do not meet the minimum merit criteria needed to access financial aid;
- you enrolled in the academic year after the deadlines;
- you have not compiled and transmitted your online request for financial aid;
- you already have a university diploma at the same level.
How to request ISEE certification and financial aid
Students residing in Italy:
If you are an Italian national or financially independent non-Italian national residing in Italy, you must request your ISEE for financial aid by compiling the DSU self-certification form concerning the composition of your household and the income and asset situation of each member of the household. You can either do so by yourself by filling in the form in the “online services” section of the INPS [IT] website or with the help of a CAF centre or professional tax consultant. Should more than one student from the same household be applying for financial aid, certification must contain a note specifying that the ISEE applies to financial aid for each student concerned. On average, ISEE certification is issued within 10 working days of DSU completion. You do not need to submit your ISEE certification to the University, which will only receive it if you have already compiled and transmitted your online request for financial aid.
The ISEE certificate must be requested (as attested by the date shown on the DSU presentation receipt) by:
- 30 August, 2019, if you participate in the assignment of the Scholarship for the right to study or the Generic collaboration (the deadline has been extended to 30 September 2019 at 12:30am);
- 30 September, 2019, if you participate in acquiring tax reductions. The deadline of December 16, 2019, is also due only for the reduction (with a late payment of 50.00 euros).
Italian or non-Italian nationals residing abroad:
If you are an Italian or non-Italian national residing abroad, you may request an ‘ISEE parificato’ (ISEE equivalent) used in cases where it is not possible to present an ISEE declaration. If you are a non-EU student the “ISEE parificato” will be taken into consideration only for applications to scholarships and student mobility (not for tuition fee reductions).
You should request an ‘ISEE parificato’ if you are:
- a non-Italian national resident abroad;
- Italian national resident abroad;
- non-Italian national residing in Italy who is not financially independent.
To obtain the ISEE you have to contact a CAF centre approved by the University from July 2nd, 2019 onwards to make a free appointment:
- Venice headquarters, Fondamenta del Gaffaro 3536; tel. 041/5491188
- Mestre headquarters, via Ca’ Marcello 10; tel. 041/5491100.
You must come to your appointment at the mentioned CAF offices with all the required documents to generate the "ISEE parificato". The certified ISEE equivalent will be calculated on the basis of your income and assets abroad and will be automatically transmitted to Ca' Foscari by the CAF offices.
Requesting entitlements on-line
In addition to the presentation of the ISEE certificate, to request the benefits for the right to study, such as reduction of contributions, scholarship, and collaborations, you will have to fill in and send the online facilitation request in your reserved area, starting from 8 July 2019 and by:
- 30 August, 2019, in the event that you intend to participate in the assignment of the Scholarship for the right to study or the Generic collaboration;
- 30 September, 2019, in the event you intend to obtain tax reductions. The deadline of December 16 2019 is also due only for the reduction, with the late payment fee of 50.00 euros; the late payment fee is due even if you present the request and do not benefit from any tax reduction.
By filling in the online financial aid requests you are authorising the University to receive all the information contained in your ISEE certification from INPS (Italian Institute of Social Insurance).
After completing the form you must confirm your request for it to be considered valid, thus completing the electronic submission of the request.
The IT system will issue a receipt that will also be sent via email to your university email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and which must be kept as proof of submission.
The university is required by law to carry out random checks to confirm the truthfulness and accuracy of the information submitted in self-certification. Making a false statement is not only a criminal offence but will lead to administrative penalties being applied.
Last update: 29/01/2020