If you hold an international qualification, before starting the application process please make sure you have completed the pre-evaluation procedure and that you have all the requirements for international students.
If you have a disability or an SLD (specific learning disability), you can request support for the admission test (when required) and specific support services during your studies.
For academic year 2023/2024 the Master’s degree in Language and management to China is a limited admission programme. It requires personal preparation and minimum credit requirements as well as passing the admission test.
Enrolment is based on the position of the candidate on the ranking list.
Students holding an international qualification must request the preliminary evaluation of their qualifications.
Certified understanding of English language at B2 is also required, to be shown at the moment of enrolment.
All the information on the admission procedures for the degree programme for the a.y. 2023/2024 are in the call for applications that will be published in April.
For admission to the second year in the case of enrolment with credit transfer, internal transfer or transfer, in addition to meeting all the admission requirements, you have to be assigned a place: all the information is published in the final part of this page.
Minimum curricular requirements
Candidates who graduated from a Bachelor’s programme in L-11 Modern Languages and Culture; L-12 Linguistic Mediationor equivalent in the old university system.
If the candidate graduated from a different Bachelor’s programme, they must have achieved minimum credit requirements 42 ECTS in the following scientific disciplines:
36 ECTS in the fields of Languages and Literatures
L-OR/21 Chinese and South Asian languages and literatures
6 ETCS in the fields of History, Political and Social sciences (whose content related to the History of China)
L-OR/21 Chinese and South Asian languages and literatures
M-STO/01 Medieval History
M-STO/02 Modern History
M-STO/03 History of Eastern Europe
M-STO/04 Contemporary History
SPS/14 History and Institutions of Asia
L-OR/23 History of East and South-East of Asia
In the case in which students are not in possession of the curricula requirements, they must retrieve them before enrollment exclusively by carrying out single programmes (Bachelor’s Degree level) at this or another university.
The Teaching Committee will verify the candidate's personal preparation through the evaluation of the curriculum vitae, with a focus on language certificates related to the curriculum chosen by the student; in addition to this, the candidate might be evaluated through an interview too.
Students who have the following qualifications are normally considered in possession of personal preparation:
- Bachelor's Degree in L-11 Modern Languages and Culture; L-12 Linguistic Mediation or equivalent in the old university system;
- a minimum degree grade equal to 90/110;
- 36 credits in the scientific-disciplinary sector L-OR/21 Language and Literature of China and South-East Asia;
- 6 credits in one of the following scientific-disciplinary and similar sectors (whose content related to the History of China): L-OR/21 -Language and Literature of China and South-East Asia; L-OR/23 - History of East and South East and Southeast Asia; SPS/14 - History and Institutions of Asia; M-STO/01 Medieval History; M-STO/02 Modern History; M-STO/03 Eastern EUropean History; M-STO/04 Contemporary History. Verification of the possession of 6 ECTS in the field of history for admission in case the credits are undertaken in the scientific-disciplinary sector L-OR/21, M-STO/01, M-STO/02, M-STO/03 and/or M-STO/04, will be done so through programs of exams.
The admissions process is as follows:
- online registration, if you are not already enrolled at Ca’ Foscari;
- pre-enrolment for the admissions test;
- carrying out the admissions test and placement on ranking list;
- online enrolment and payment of the first installment of tax and university fees.
If you are a candidate with a disability or suffering from DSA, you can make use of the individualised application for carrying out the admissions test; all the specific information on available assistance is in the admissions announcement and on the webpage for services for disabled and DSA students; the request will be available during the online pre-enrolment.
Enrolment with ECTS Accreditation
In order to enrol with credit recognition, make the internal transition or transfer from another university, you must ask for the evaluation of the exams already taken and the release of the credits recognition sheet.
For admission to the year following the first, in addition, you have to be assigned a place: all the information is published in the final part of this page.
Enrolment with credits recognition
You may enrol in a Degree Programme requesting accreditation for the following previous studies and training activities:
- Master's Degrees, or Master's Diplomas;
- incomplete University studies as a result of withdrawal, lapsed status;
- single courses;
- Internship/traineeships/previous employment;
- simultaneous enrolment.
The year of enrolment is determined on the basis of the number of University Credits (CFU) you have been awarded:
- Up to 47: admission to 1st year. You are required to sit for the Admission test. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2023/2024;
- From 48 or more: admission to 2nd year. You will need to apply for a place as well as the requirements specified in the respective Calls of Admission. Enrolment is always subordinate to an assessment of your personal academic preparation and your prerequisite academic knowledge, needed for admission to Master’s Degree courses. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2022/2023.
Enrolment with recognition of credits is subject to the fee payment of 300.00 euros. The payment invoice will be provided upon confirmation of enrolment.
You are not obliged to pay if you request credit transfer from activities undertaken previously at Ca' Foscari (for example single courses) if the code of the lectures corresponds to that required by the study plan. In the case that some lectures do not fall among those indicated in the study plan, and are thus entered as free exams, you will be have to pay the fee of 300.00 euros.
Enrolment with credit recognition is not allowed to students concurrently enrolled in another University course and for which suspension has been requested.
Intra-university transfer and transfer from another university
The year of enrolment is established according to the number of university credits (ECTs) recognised:
- up to 47: admission to 1st year of the programme. No intra-university transfers /transfers from another university are permitted during the first year of limited admission study programme. You are required to sit to the admission test and, if you obtain a place on the shortlist, withdraw from the study programme in which you are enrolled and re-enrol again;
- from 48 or more: admission to 2nd year of the programme. You will need to apply for a place as well as the requirements specified in the respective Calls of Admission. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2022/2023.
There are two deadlines for requesting the issue of the record, to be used in the procedure for assigning the place in a year following the first:
- from 2nd May to 26th June 2023;
- by 21st August 2023.
If you enrol in the first year, however, you will have to request the form at least 15 days before the enrolment deadline, as specified in the call for applications: in fact, when filling in the enrolment application, you will have to attach the approved form.
For recognition of your academic career, you must contact Linguistic Campus service.
You are required to submit:
- a signed self-certification form listing exams. Please indicate for each exam: the name of the Course of study and class, the name of the University, the name of individual exams taken with their scientific area and weight in credits, the mark and the exam date. Please verify if self-certification is available in your University Reserved Area: if it is not available or, if all the required data is not listed, you may use the forms on this page;
- any exam programmes in your possession.
Requests for accreditation are to be submitted to the Campus which will then be subject to evaluation by the Teaching Committee. Once approved, the Accreditation Form will be sent to you via e-mail. Please remember to sign the form.
|Self-certification form of the educational qualifications achieved/exams taken||10.45 M|
|Self-certification form of withdrawal/forfeiture from studies and exams taken [ITA]||5.11 M|
Warning! For the request for internal transfer there is no need to attach the self-certification. However, remember to report any exams that are not yet recorded.
Please note that it is not possible for you to fill in the credit recognition form on your own, unless you require the recognition of exams previously taken at Ca’ Foscari; in this case, the exams must have the same course code listed on the study plan of the programme in which you are enrolling (e.g. recognition of single courses taken at Ca’ Foscari).
Credit recognition Forms
Assignment of the place for enrolment in the second year
In case of recognition of over 47 CFU, you will have to apply for a place: admission to the second year of a limited - access programme is in fact subject to the availability of places.
- For the places available published on 15th June 2023
- application for a place: from 10th July to 13th July 2023
- publication of the ranking: 21st July 2023
- For the places available published on 10th August 2023
- application for a place: from 29th August to 31st August 2023
- publication of the ranking: 5th September 2023
The ranking will be drawn up on the basis of the evaluation of the CV and motivation letter.
In the event of successful application, for the first round, you will have to complete the enrolment or transition by 31st July 2023, under penalty of losing the assigned place. If you request clearance for transfer from another university, however, you will receive all the instructions by e-mail.
To apply for a place for the first round, you must log in to the reserved area, select the "Evaluation test" and choose "Ammissione agli anni successivi al primo dei corsi ad accesso programmato". The procedure will be open from July 10th 2023.
You must attach:
- your credits recognition sheet;
- self-certification of having taken the exams for which you have been awarded credits;
- your CV;
- a motivation letter;
- an identity document.
Warning! The procedure allows you to submit the application, in order of preference, for a maximum of three courses: if you enter more than one preference, you will have to attach the credit recognition sheet for each chosen course.
If you have never been a student at Ca’ Foscari you will have to:
- register on the website;
- access your personal area using your SPID account.
Last update: 21/03/2023