For Academic year 2021/22, admission onto the Master’s Degree programme in Data Analytics for Business and Society is limited admission and requires, specific curricula requirements an adeguate personal preparation, that the student passes a selective test.
Matriculation is subject to the position a candidate holds on the ranking list.
Understanding of English language at level B2 is also required. the list of certifications and cases of exemption are available on the dedicated web page. Each knowledge will be verified by the office at the moment of enrolment.
For Academic year 2021/2022, 2 selection sessions are provided.
All the information on the admission deadlines procedures for degree programmes are in the selection announcement.
For admission to the second year in the case of enrolment with credit transfer, internal transfer or transfer, in addition to meeting all the admission requirements, you have to be assigned a place: all the information is published in the final part of this page.
Minimum curricular requirements
Minimum credit requirements (ECTS): 60 ECTS in the following scientific-disciplinary sectors; of which the candidate must possess at least 12 ECTS from the economics/business fields and at least 12 ECTS from the statistical-mathematics field.
Field of Business
SECS-P/08 Business Economics and Management
SECS-P/09 Corporate Finance
SECS-P/10 Organizational Behaviour and Design
SECS-P/11 Banking and Financial Institutions
Field of Economics
SECS-P/01 Political Economics
SECS P/02 Economic Policy
SECS-P/03 Science of Finance
SECS-P/06 Applied Economics
Field of Statistical-Mathematics
MAT/06 Probability and Statistical Mathematics
MAT/08 Numerical Analysis
MAT/09 Operations Research
SECS-S/03 Economic Statistics
SECS-S/06 Mathematical methods for Economics and Actuarial and Financial Sciences
Field of Computer Science
INF/01 Computer Science
ING-INF/05 Information Processing Systems
In the case in which students are not in possession of the curricula requirements, they must retrieve them before enrollment exclusively by carrying out single programmes (Bachelor’s Degree level) at this or another university.
Personal preparation is understood as an adequate acquisition of knowledge and understanding of management, as acquired in the Bachelor’s programme in Business Administration, Economics Sciences and Statistics.
Personal preparation will be verified by the Teaching Committee through CV.
By rule, students are considered in possession of personal preparation if they attain the following requirements:
- degree class: L-8 Information technology engineering; L-9 Industrial engineering; L-18 Business Administration; L-31 Computer Science; L-33 Economics; L-41 Statistics or an equivalent degree in the old system;
- minimum degree mark: 95/110.
The admissions process for the summer selection is as follows:
- online registration, if you are not already enrolled at Ca’ Foscari;
- pre-enrolment for the admissions test;
- carrying out the admission test and placement on ranking list;
- online enrolment and payment of the first installment of tax and university fees
If you are a candidate with a disability or suffering from DSA, you can make use of the individualised application for carrying out the interview; all the specific information on available assistance is in the admissions announcement and on the webpage for services for disabled and DSA students; the request will be available during the online pre-enrolment.
Pre-enrolment for the admissions test of the summer selection will be on the 9th June until 12pm on 8th July 2021.
How to pre-enrol
Before proceeding, remember to arrange the degree self-certification in electronic format (enrolment if you are a student) with signed exams (in which is indicated: University where you achieved the qualification, class and degree programme, degree date and grade, exams taken with the relative scientific-disciplinary sector and the weight in credits): Verify if the self-certification, completed with all the aforementioned information, can be printed from the Personal Area of the host University website: alternatively, use the model of self-certification on this page.
During enrolment you can also insert the linguistic certification or useful documentation to show that you are subject to one of the provided cases of exemption: for this you must attach the declaration present on this page.
The procedure is completely online and requires the following steps:
- Registration on the University website. You do not need to register online if you are already enrolled at Ca’ Foscari;
- Completion of the online pre-enrolment form: access the Personal Area of the website with your SPID account (if you are or have been a student at Ca' Foscari, you can use your matriculation number and your password) and selection "Admission test".
Once you have concluded the pre-enrolment process you will receive a confirmation email to the email address stated in the registration process.
If you want to request one of the assistances provided for candidates that are disabled or diagnosed with DSA for taking the admissions test, you must fill in the specific section for procedure of online enrolment and attach a certificate demonstrating possession of the disability/impediment.
Participation in the admissions test requires payment of a fee totalling 30 Euros, that should be paid after having completed the enrolment procedure online, by selection the “payment” button.
The admissions test will take place remotely on Wednesday 21st July 2021.
The details regarding how this will occur at and what time will be communicated via email a few days before the closure of the registration period.
Please note that in order to take the entry test you will need to have the following:
- a personal computer;
- a smartphone or tablet;
- an internet connection via Wi-Fi or a smartphone.
All of the guidelines and technical requirements are communicated in this video [ITA] about taking the test.
|Exam example||276 K|
Accepting your place
Place acceptance of successful candidates placed on the ranking list will be carried out by 31th May 2021: according to what is required on the selection announcement, possible remaining vacant spots after the place acceptance can be re-assessed.
The procedure for accepting a place on the course involves two steps:
- Completion of the enrolment application form online;
- Payment of the pre-enrolment fee: the payment must be carried out using the PagoPA system by pressing the payment button that will generate upon completion of the online enrolment application form. The pre-enrolment fee will not be reimbursed in any circumstance.
If you do not pay before the deadline indicated above, you will lose the right to enrol: for questions on any aspect of the process, please send a request by accessing this link: www.unive.it/faqsforstudents before the deadline
Attention: You will be able to proceed to enrollment only if you will have presented all the required elements for admission (including the completed degree) by July 30th 2021.
If you have accepted your place correctly in the spring session you will be enroled between the 1st and the 30rd of July 2021.
Matriculation of candidates for the summer selection will take place by 17th of August 2021.
The process of matriculation consists of two parts:
- Completion of the online pre-matriculation form;
- Payment of the first installment of the tuition fees and university taxes: The payment must be carried out using the PagoPA system, clicking on the payment button when finishing the registration procedure.
The contribution cannot be reimbursed in any case.
Failure to comply with the deadline specified above results in loss of the right of registration: if you encounter any problems, contact the Matriculation Sector before the deadline.
Students are reminded that it is possible to enrol on a Master’s Degree programme requiring:
Enrollment with ECTS Accreditation
In order to enrol with credit recognition, make the internal transition or transfer from another university, you must ask for the evaluation of the exams already taken and the release of the credits recognition sheet.
For admission to the year following the first, in addition, you have to be assigned a place: all the information is published in the final part of this page.
Enrolment with credits recognition
You may enrol in a Degree Programme requesting accreditation for the following previous studies and training activities:
- Master's Degrees, or Master's Diplomas;
- incomplete University studies as a result of withdrawal, lapsed status;
- single courses;
- Internship/traineeships/previous employment.
The year of enrolment is determined on the basis of the number of University Credits (CFU) you have been awarded:
- Up to 47: admission to 1st year. You are required to sit for the Admission test. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2021/2022;
- From 48 or more: admission to 2nd year. You will need to apply for a place as well as the requirements specified in the respective Calls of Admission. Enrolment is always subordinate to an assessment of your personal academic preparation and your prerequisite academic knowledge, needed for admission to Master’s Degree courses. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2020/2021.
Enrolment with recognition of credits is subject to the fee payment of 300.00 euros. The payment invoice will be provided upon confirmation of enrolment.
You are not obliged to pay if you request credit transfer from activities undertaken previously at Ca' Foscari (for example single courses) if the code of the lectures corresponds to that required by the study plan. In the case that some lectures do not fall among those indicated in the study plan, and are thus entered as free exams, you will be have to pay the fee of 300.00 euros.
Enrolment with credit recognition is not allowed to students concurrently enroled in another University course and for which suspension has been requested.
Intra-university transfer and transfer from another university
The year of enrolment is established according to the number of university credits (ECTs) recognised:
- up to 47: admission to 1st year of the programme. No intra-university transfers /transfers from another university are permitted during the first year of limited admission study programme. You are required to sit to the admission test and, if you obtain a place on the shortlist, withdraw from the study programme in which you are enrolled and re-enrol again;
- from 48 or more: admission to 2nd year of the programme. You will need to apply for a place as well as the requirements specified in the respective Calls of Admission. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2020/2021.
There are two deadlines for requesting the issue of the record, to be used in the procedure for assigning the place in a year following the first:
- 30th June 2021;
- 19th August 2021.
If you enrol in the first year, however, request the recognition form well in advance of the deadline set in the enrolment notice: to complete the enrolment application, you will have to attach the approved record.
You are required to submit:
- a signed self-certification form listing exams. Please indicate for each exam: the name of the Course of study and class, the name of the University, the name of individual exams taken with their scientific area and weight in credits, the mark and the exam date. Please verify if self-certification is available in your University Reserved Area: if it is not available or, if all the required data is not listed, you may use the forms on this page;
- any exam programmes in your possession.
Requests for accreditation are to be submitted to the Campus which will then be subject to evaluation by the Teaching Committee. Once approved, the Accreditation Form will be sent to you via e-mail. Please remember to sign the form.
|Self-certification form of the educational qualifications achieved/exams taken||10.45 M|
|Self-certification form of withdrawal/forfeiture from studies and exams taken [ITA]||5.11 M|
Warning! For the request for internal transfer there is no need to attach the self-certification. However, remember to report any exams that are not yet recorded.
Credit recognition forms
Assignment of the place for enrolment in the second year
In case of recognition of over 47 CFU, you will have to apply for a place: admission to the second year of a limited - access programme is in fact subject to the availability of places.
|Publication of places available||Application for a place||Publication of the ranking|
|15 June 2021||10 am on 7 July - 14 July 2021||21 July 2021|
|5 August 2021||10 am on 24 August - 26 August 2021||1 September 2021|
The ranking will be drawn up on the basis of the evaluation of the CV and motivation letter.
In the event of successful application, for the second round, you will have to complete the enrolment or transition by 30 September 2021, under penalty of losing the assigned place. If you request clearance for transfer from another university, however, you will receive all the instructions by e-mail.
To apply for a place for the first round, you must log in to the reserved area, select the "Evaluation test" and choose "Ammissione agli anni successivi al primo dei corsi ad accesso programmato". The procedure will be open from 10 am on August24th 2021.
You must attach:
- your credits recognition sheet;
- self-certification of having taken the exams for which you have been awarded credits;
- your CV;
- a motivation letter;
- an identity document.
Warning! The procedure allows you to submit the application, in order of preference, for a maximum of three courses: if you enter more than one preference, you will have to attach the credit recognition sheet for each chosen course.
If you have never been a student at Ca’ Foscari you will have to:
- register on the website;
- access your personal area using your SPID account.
On 5th August 2021 are available 29 places for the second year.
Last update: 12/10/2021