The following procedure must be performed only once the first time you connect to the Eduroam WiFi network. For subsequent connections (even with other entities members of the Eduroam federation) you just need to select the Eduroam network on your device.
Download and save in the "Downloads" folder the following file with the certificate of the Certification Authority AddTrust External CA root.
Click on the wireless network icon in the top right of the screen and select the eduroam network.
Fill in the window that appears with the following parameters and click on Connect in the bottom right:
- Wireless security: WPA & WPA2 Enterprise;
- Authentication: Protected EAP (PEAP);
- Anonymous identity: Leave blank;
- CA certificate: Click on the folder icon and select Downloads from the menu on the left and then the icon for the previously downloaded certificate AddTrustExternalCAroot.cer
- PEAP version: Automatic;
- Inner authentication: MSCHAPv2;
- Username and Password:
- For staff: use your login name followed by @unive.it and the password provided by ASIT for your e-mail;
- For students: use your matriculation number followed by @unive.it as your login name and the case-sensitive password you were given at enrolment;
- Students and staff without passwords cannot access the service;
Once you have completed the procedure described above, you will be able to access the wireless network.
For subsequent connections (even to the networks of other entities members of the Eduroam federation), you just need to select the eduroam network on your device.
Last update: 12/10/2020