The following procedure must be performed only once the first time you connect to the Eduroam WiFi network. For subsequent connections (even with other entities members of the Eduroam federation) you just need to select the Eduroam network on your device.
Download and install the certificate of the Certification Authority DigiCert Assured ID Root CA.
In the Certificate name text box, enter "DigiCert_Assured_ID_Root_CA.crt" and click on OK.
Click on Settings in the applications menu.
Click on Wireless and network.
Tick the box above Wi-Fi at the top and select the eduroam network from those available below.
Fill in the window that appears with the following parameters and click on Connect in the bottom left:
- EAP method: PEAP;
- Authentication phase 2: MSCHAPV2;
- CA certificate: AddTrustExternalCARoot;
- User certificates: Not specified;
- Username and Password:
- For staff: use your login name followed by @unive.it and the password provided by ASIT for your e-mail;
- For students: use your matriculation number followed by @unive.it as your login name and the case-sensitive password you were given at enrolment;
- Students and staff without passwords cannot access the service;
- Anonymous identity: Leave blank.
Once you have completed the procedure described above, you will be able to access the wireless network.
For subsequent connections (even to the networks of other entities members of the Eduroam federation), you just need to select the eduroam network on your device.
Last update: 12/10/2020