VPN Access for smart working/teleworking and library resources
Open a terminal window and run the following command:
sudo apt-get install network-manager-vpnc-gnome
On completion of command execution, restart network manager by selecting in sequence:
- the icon that identifies the network connections in the top right
- the section of the drop-down menu relating to the active network connection
- then the Turn Off option
Click on Turn On and the gear icon.
Click on Network from the menu on the left and then on the + icon in the VPN section of the new window.
Then select Cisco Compatible VPN (vpnc).
When prompted, enter the following information:
- smart working/teleworking, office work, system administration and maintenance
- in the Name field: VPN Ca' Foscari
- in the Gateway field: fortivpn.unive.it
- to access library resources and for unrestricted Internet access from countries with Internet censorship
- in the Name field: VPN Risorse Bibliografiche
- in the Gateway field: bibliovpn.unive.it
In the password fields, click on the icon located at the end of the compilation area and choose the option you prefer from the following:
- Save password for this user only
- Save password for all users
- Always ask for this password
Enter the username and password provided by the University when you enrolled or started work and valid for access to all IT services (email, personal area of the University website, etc.):
- in the Username field (optional): username (without @unive.it o @stud.unive.it)
- in the User Password field (optional): enter your current unive password
- in the Group Name field, enter one of the following depending on your category:
- to access library resources or for unrestricted Internet access from countries with Internet censorship: biblio-cisco
- for office work for teaching staff, researchers, technical administrative staff (PTA), language assistants and experts (CELs), and students: unive-cisco
- for research activities and access to virtual machines (VM): ricerca-cisco
- for ICT system maintenance operators (authorised by ASIT): ict-cisco
- for IOT system maintenance operators (authorised by ASIA): iot-cisco
- for multimedia system maintenance operators (authorised by ASIT): multimedia-cisco
- in the Group Password field: Unive1868
Click on Add in the top right.
To activate the connection, scroll to select VPN Ca’ Foscari.
Last update: 16/11/2023