Remote access for Technical Administrative Staff (PTA) via Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
Access by PTA (with telework or agile work contracts) to unive network resources using Citrix virtual machines without VPN
What to do if you also have an active Proxy on your PC
(e.g. to access library resources)
For the correct functioning of the Virtual Machine (VM), if you have an active Proxy on your personal computer, for example for remote access to library resources, enter the address https://nvdi.unive.it in the Proxy exclusions.
The following image shows how to do this with Firefox.
Instructions for Windows
1) Only if you have not already installed Citrix Receiver, download and install the current version of Citrix WorkSpace App per Windows.
Click Next until installation is complete (do not flag Enable app protection).
If the Add Account window appears, close it without adding any account.
2) Access your VM (Virtual Machine) using a browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Edge) and entering the address https://nvdi.unive.it (no need for VPN).
Where prompted, click Detect Citrix Receiver to signal that you have it already installed.
3) Log in to Virtual Machine.
If an .ica file is downloaded from the browser instead of opening VM
- click on the tab next to the file
- set the flag to Always open this type of file
- click on Open
Instructions for Mac Os
1)Only if you have not already installed Citrix Receiver, download and install the current version of Citrix WorkSpace App per Mac (.dmg).
After downloading the file, run it and click on Install.
2) Click on Continue in the next three windows.
Then click on Install.
3) In the Add Account window, click on Continue without adding any account.
Once installation completed, click on Close.
The software will then be visible in Applications.
4) After completing installation, open Safari or any other browser and connect to the link https://nvdi.unive.it to access your Virtual Machine (no need for VPN).
Only if you have not already installed Citrix Receiver, download and install the current version of Citrix WorkSpace App per Linux.
To install Citrix Receiver follow the online guide.
Last update: 01/07/2021