For the A.Y. 2016/2017 Special Session you can submit your Request to Graduate also from January 8th to January 12th 2018, paying a surcharge of 200 euros.
Contacts and reservations
To be admitted to the final degree exam you must have completed all your yearly studies or acquired all the credits required by your study plan (including additional credits).
In order to submit your Request to Graduate you must not have more than 24 outstanding credits (excluding credits for the final exam and for internships/traineeships) unless you intend to graduate in the summer session: students graduating in the summer session must take the outstanding exams on the first exam date in that session.
Remember that you will not be required to pay the first instalment of the academic year 2017/2018 if you graduate in the autumn (October 2017) or special session (February-March 2018) of AY 2016/2017.
Graduating students may make changes to their study plans on paper between the following dates:
- 11 - 30 April for the summer session;
- 1 July - 10 September for the autumn session;
- 1 August - 10 December for the special session.
Before compiling your request
- agree upon the subject of your final thesis/paper with your supervisor;
- check that you have settled all outstanding university tuition fees (including any late payment penalties); the Student Administration Unit (Bachelor's and Master's degrees) will carry out an additional check to ensure that tuition fees have been paid;
- compile the AlmaLaurea questionnaire and save the receipt so that you can attach it (it does not need to be signed) to the upload form in the request to graduate area.
- compile the online request to graduate, listing any outstanding exams or exams taken awaiting registration. Any problems you might have encountered can be described in a text file, which you can then attach to the upload form in the request to graduate area;
- you will also be asked to enter the title of your thesis along with an abstract: The abstract is a brief summary of the contents of your thesis and should not exceed 1500 characters in length. Both the title and abstract can be changed after compiling your request – within the established deadlines – by clicking on the change thesis title button;
- after completing the online procedure, check the summary to ensure data entered is correct and make sure that your request displays a "submitted" status (in your Personal Area under the Graduation heading). We recommend printing the summary page as proof of correct compilation.
- Make the online payment for the 16-euro revenue stamp within 11 December 2017 (Personal area > Online student services - ESSE3 > Payments). Students submitting their Request to Graduate for the third time or more must pay a 80 euro penalty using the procedure described above.
- from 22 December 2017 you can check whether your request to graduate has been approved by your supervisor by going to your Personal Area and the heading "Upload thesis and check supervisor approval";
- to upload your thesis/final paper go to the “Upload thesis and check supervisor approval" heading in your Personal Area.
Should you withdraw your request to graduate, remember that you will need to submit a new request to graduate for every session.
If you have paid your tuition fees for the new academic year and you graduate in the autumn (October-December) or special session (February), your fees will automatically be reimbursed (following deduction of bank fees, revenue stamp and regional tax for financial aid) in the summer session.
If you intend to withdraw from your graduation exam you must inform the L and LM Student Career Area in time (also if you fail to pass one or more outstanding exams).
Contacts and reservations
Submit the withdrawal from graduation exam form to the Student Administation Unit (Bachelor's and Master's degree), either in person or sending it by email or fax (remember to attach a copy of your ID).
Withdrawal during the special session (February/March session)
If you submit your withdrawal from the request to graduate in the special session, you must enrol in the academic year 2017/2018 by paying the first instalment of your tuition fees. In this case you will be required to pay a penalty of Euro 200,00.
If you intend to apply for a reduction in tuition fees you will have to do the following:
- enrol in the academic year 2017/2018 by paying the first instalment of your tuition fees by 31 March 2018;
- obtain your ISEE certification from one of the approved CAF offices by 31 March 2018.