A hundred new open positions in the upcoming three years: Ca’ Foscari University of Venice will hire teaching staff following a recruitment plan for hiring researchers and professors.
It aims at increasing staff by 10 per cent with a particular attention to international candidates as foreseen by the university’s Strategic Plan. This initiative is possible thanks to the great budget outturn of 2016: the assessment indicates a surplus of EUR 6,7 million, which is a sharp increase compared to the EUR 4 million of the previous year.
The plan aims at reaching 550 professors and researchers units to face the increasing needs in research and teaching.
The 100 new positions will be hired through calls for application and direct selection as required by law. At least 4 international professors or researchers, including EU and non-EU candidates as well as Italian candidates with international experience, are to be hired each year.
Ca’ Foscari rector Michele Bugliesi declared: “We have launched a three years plan that will implement our teaching staff following the goals of international development established in the Strategic Plan. The new staff will allow Ca’ Foscari to achieve the full implementation of its investments in teaching and research, that have already granted our university with the third place in Italy for research (VQR) and supported the creation of new academic initiatives towards a multidisciplinary and international approach”.
Ca’ Foscari University of Venice is seeking applications to fill 6 permanent, full-time positions in various fields. Eligible applicants must have been employed as permanent faculty members or research staff by a foreign university or research institute for at least three consecutive years by the time of the call deadline. After the success of the 2015 and 2016 editions, the University published international calls for application for the following positions:
- Cross Cultural Studies, Comparative Philosophy and Intercultural Dialogue
- Accounting, Finance and Big Data
- Applied Economics: Innovation, Development, International Industry
- Software Engineering and Security
- Management and Big Data
- Heritage Science
Apply only and exclusively by www.researchgate.com (insert your complete CV together with a complete list of publications and the contacts of two references, from whom recommendations can be asked). Applications are accepted only in electronic (PDF) form till September 10th, 2017.
More information at www.unive.it/braingain.
In the past weeks five new faculty members were hired after direct selection in 2016:
- Stefania Bernini, coming from Sydney’s School of Humanities and Languages, researcher in Contemporary History at the Department of Asian and North African Studies at Ca’ Foscari.
- Olga Tribulato, winner of the “Programme for young researchers Rita Levi Montalcino”, associate professor in Greek Language and Literature at the Department of Humanities.
- Craig Martin, coming from Oakland University (Michigan, USA), associate professor in History of Science and Techniques at the Department of Philosophy and Cultural Heritage.
- Andrea Teglio, coming from the Universitat Jaume I (Spain), associate professor of Political Economy at the Department of Economics.
- Valentina Bonifacio, “Marie Curie” fellow, researcher in Demo-ethno-anthropology at the Department of Humanities.
Prof. Bernini and Tribulato have already started working, and prof. Martin, Teglio and Bonifaci will start on September first.