CATMAT & Ve Nice at the VenetoNight
CATMAT & Ve Nice organized some laboratories within the Veneto Night on September 27th at Ca' Dolfin.
CATMAT for Bimbe e bimbi in Ateneo. Al "lavoro" da mamma e papà!
CATMAT organized a laboratory within the day of "Bimbe e bimbi in Ateneo. Al "lavoro" da mamma e papà!" on September 10th .
Award for the best poster presentation
at the XXI Congress of Industrial Chemistry for Sebastiano Tieuli, research fellow of CATMAT
Award for the best oral presentation
at the 21st Iranian Inorganic Chemistry Conference for Somayeh Taghavi, PhD of CATMAT
Metal Nanoparticles as Catalysts for Green Applications
Prof. Michela Signoretto and Dr. Federica Menegazzo will edit on the MDPI journal Processes a special issue which collects original research papers or reviews focused on investigations on metal nanoparticles as catalysts for green applications. All applications which deals with designing chemical products and processes that generate and use less (or preferably no) hazardous substances, by applying the principles of green chemistry, are welcome for this special issue.
Deadline: December, 31st
CATMAT is available for researches in partnership with companies in order to collaborate on projects of common interest. In this way, companies can have access to the knowledge and skills of the CATMAT researchers, laboratories and research facilities.
The partnership can be developed through:
- Research projects;
- Funding of research grants, doctoral scholarships on selected topics;
- An industrial doctorate that allows companies to train, through a PhD program on a selected topic, their employees already engaged in highly qualified activities.
CATMAT has been already involved in many collaborations with industrial partners, such as Evonik, Casale, MTS, TEXA, Unired, H.D.R., Italcementi.
Our thesis proposals
All CATMAT thesis projects involve the design of innovative materials, their characterisation and their use for desired applications. Some topics:
- Formulation of highly performant cosmetics from natural raw materials
- Formulation of innovative materials for drug delivery systems
- Formulation of inexpensive, innovative multifunctional materials to be used in green building industry
- How to store sunlight? Photocatalysis turns CO2 and bio-alcohols into solar fuels
- Energy relies on hydrogen: how to obtain it by renewable sustainable sources?
- Waste to wheel (w2w): how to turn biomass into chemicals and fuels? Development of process to upgrade lignocellulosis wastes
- Formulation of multifunctional materials for Cultural Heritage
- Synthesis of innovative materials for applications in the traditional venician "marmorino"