Ca’ Foscari’s position in university rankings
Ca’ Foscari University of Venice is included in international rankings along with many of the best universities in the world. Rankings combine different criteria, ranging from the faculty/student ratio to university facilities, internationalisation, and the impact of the university’s research.
These results offer a summary and a snapshot of the university’s reputation worldwide and are consulted every year by millions of international students. Here is an overview of Ca’ Foscari’s position in the main rankings.
For further information, please write to: email@example.com.
QS World University Rankings
In the QS World University Rankings 2024, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice has been ranked #661-670 or in the top 3% higher education institutions in the world (according to the World Higher Education Database, the estimated number of higher education institutions in the world amounts to over 21,000).
QS Ranking by Subject 2023: ranked in 16 subjects
- Arts and Humanities: #140 in the world, #4 in Italy
- Classics and Ancient History: top 90 in the world, #9 in Italy
- Modern Languages: #66 in the world, #3 in Italy
- History: top 150 in the world, #4 in Italy
- Archaeology: top 150 in the world, #5 in Italy
- Linguistics: top 200 in the world, #2 in Italy
- Philosophy: top 200 in the world, #5 in Italy
- Social Sciences and Management: #389 in the world, #15 in Italy
- Hospitality and Leisure Management: top 100 in the world, #1 in Italy
- Anthropology: top 150 in the world, #3 in Italy
- Economics and Econometrics: top 200 in the world, #4 in Italy
- Accounting and Finance: top 300 in the world, #6 in Italy
- Law and Legal Studies: top 350 in the world, #16 in Italy
- Business and Management Studies: top 450 in the world, #8 in Italy
- Geography: top 200 in the world, #3 in Italy
- Environmental Sciences: top 470 in the world, #13 in Italy
- Computer Science and Information Systems: top 500 in the world; #14 in Italy
- Chemistry: top 630 in the world; #17 in Italy
THE World University Rankings
In the THE World University Rankings 2023, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice has been ranked #601-800, or in the top 4% higher education institutions in the world.
THE Ranking by Subject 2023
- Arts and Humanities: top 201-250 in the world
- Business and Economics: top 301-400 in the world
- Social Sciences: top 401-500 in the world
- Computer Science: top 501-600 in the world
- Physical Sciences: top 601-800 in the world
The Shanghai Ranking Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2022 (GRAS) focuses on research. It uses bibliometric parametres and consideres the most important international awards. It contains rankings of universities in 54 subjects, divided in Natural Sciences, Engineering, Life Sciences, Medical Sciences and Social Sciences. In 2022, Ca’ Foscari was ranked in 4 subjects.
Shanghai Ranking by Subject 2022
- Atmospheric Science: top 201-300 in the world
- Economics: top 201-300 in the world
- Earth Sciences: top 401-500 in the world
- Management: top 401-500 in the world
The Best Global Universities rankings are published annually by U.S. News and compare universities according to research and academic reputation, using bibliometric and reputational indicators.
Best Global Universities Rankings 2023
- Arts and Humanities: #213 in the world
- Economics and Business: #240 in the world
- Chemistry: #930 in the world
Departments of excellence
The Italian Ministry of Universities and Research (MUR) has selected the best Departments [ITA] in Italian universities and co-financed 5-year projects for the development of research and teaching, starting in 2023.
Departments of excellence 2023-2027 recognized by MUR
The Italian Ministry of Universities and Research (MUR) awarded 4 Departments within Ca’ Foscari University as ‘Departments of excellence’ for a total investment of 30 million euros:
Last update: 14/07/2023