A: for Statistics -1
1. Introduction to statistical methodology.
2. Descriptive statistics in order to be able to interpret the main economic phenomena related to the functioning of markets and businesses through the application of statistical tools: classification and data collection; in order to summarize the data related to economic phenomena: frequency distributions, statistical indices.
3. Probability theory and random variables as an introduction to statistical inference: basic concepts, conditional probability and stochastic independence, Bayes theorem, common probability distributions.
B: for Statistics -2
4. Statistical inference to critically evaluate the different scenarios in the economic decision-making context and in the management of uncertainty: point and interval estimation; hypothesis testing.
5. Study cases: interactions among variables, connection and regression.