FRENCH LANGUAGE 3
|Academic year||2019/2020 Syllabus of previous years|
|Official course title||LINGUA FRANCESE 3|
|Course code||LT007L (AF:306924 AR:166350)|
|Modality||For teaching methods (in presence/online) please check the timetable|
|Degree level||Bachelor's Degree Programme|
|Educational sector code||L-LIN/04|
|Moodle||Go to Moodle page|
It consists of a module who aims to consolidate the metalinguistic competence of the French language, in particular with regard to the spoken language and of annual linguistic practical exercices held by he lecturers closely integrated and coordinated by the professor. The general objective of the course is to reach a linguistic competence equal to the C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
LF3 group A ----> for students of English, Russian, German or Swedish i
LF3 group B ----> for students of Spanish, American English, Portoghese or LIS
2. Ability to apply knowledge and understanding. The metalinguistics competence allows to improve the way of learning.
The student must understand cultural implicit in complex discourses and authentic interactions (radio, video, film) and be able to produce texts suitable to the comunicative context. He/she must be able to read and speak fluently with little foreign accent.
3. Autonomy of judgment. The student must know how to analyze, to interpret and to synthesize icomplex texts in personal and effective way.
4. Communicative ability. For the level C1 of the Common European framework for the languages, for the 4 abilities, the student must be able to comunicate in clear way and structured with few errors. The ability of mediation is developed through the translation by Italian to French.
5. Ability of learning. The student must own ability to manage his/her own learning: how take notes, how to summarize informations and make reports in order to to get ready to the layout of the the final dissertation.
Competences and skills acquired in the French language courses 1 and French 2
1. The various genres: from the oral to the spontaneous French
2. Genres and phonetics: "liaisons", "enchainement", "e" mute, rhythm and intonation.
3. Spontaneous oral French: syntactic structures, lexicon of the colloquial register, idiomatic expressions
4. Theater, narrative, poetry
Practice courses (with Virginie Collini and Veronique Mounition 150 hours)
- summary of documents
- comprehension of oral documents and oral production
- translation from Italian into French
Françoise Bidaud, Nouvelle Grammaire Française pour italophones UTET + exercices (Nouvelle édition UTET)
A monolingual and bilingual dictionnary
To deepen the ability of translation
Françoise Bidaud, Traduire le français d’aujourd’hui, UTET (2014)
→ Les genres et les formes de l’oral en français Schede disponibili sul Centro multimediale.
Pierre Léon. Phonétisme et prononciation du français. Paris, Armand Colin, 2011
→Choice reading for review
- Catherine Rouayrenc, vol. 1, Le français oral, Les composantes de la chaine parlée, vol 2. L’organisation et la réalisation de l’énoncé oral, Paris, Belin, 2010 (uno dei volumi a scelta)
- Marion Sandré, Analyser les discours oraux, Paris, Armand Colin, 2013
- Dario Pagel, Edith Madeleni, François Wioland, Le Rythme du français parlé, Paris, Hachette, 2012.
- Virginie Gaugey et Hugues Sheeren, Le français dans le mouv', le lexique du français contemporain sous toutes ses coutures. Le Lettere Università, 2015.
- Jean Pierre Ryngaert, Introduction à l’analyse du théâtre, 3e édition, Paris, Armand Colin, 2014.
→ Choice of readings to prepare the proof of diction (choice of a passage in the book that has to be read entirely)
Molière: Le Misanthrope, L’Avare
Beaumarchais, le Barbier de Séville
Anouilh : Antigone
Ionesco : La cantatrice chauve
Eric Emmanuel Schmitt : Petits crimes conjugaux
Yasmina Reza: Art
Charles Perrault, Les Histoires ou contes du temps passé.
Daudet, Les Lettres de mon moulin
Fables de la Fontaine (due lunghe o tre corte)
Baudelaire : Les Fleurs du mal
1. Written tests, each on 30 points.
a. Summary (300 words) of 2/3 written documents of 1000 words each (DALF type, 2.30 hours), (for the verification of skills 1, 2, 3 and 4)
b. Oral comprehension of an authentic document with a questionnaire (DALF type, 30 minutes) (for the verification of skills 1 and 4)
c. Translation of a passage from Italian to French (1.30 hours) (for the verification of skills 1 and 2)
2. Oral exam on 30 points: 27 points + 3 points of which 2 for the optional reading and 1 for activities assigned during the course
The oral exam takes place entirely in French and consists of:
- verification of the knowledge on the subjects discussed during the course (for the verification of skills 1, 3)
- reading a theater scene or a story or poem with attention to diction, rhythm and intonation (competence 4).
- interaction with the teacher on the work read and on the portfolio that brings together the work done during the year on an autonomous basis and the reading sheet of an essay chosen (competences 1, 4 and 5)
The analytical and synthetic skills of the candidate and his expressive abilities (competences 2 and 4) will be evaluated.
The final grade will be the average between the 3 written tests and the oral exam.
The written test of DALF C1, not older than two years before, can be recognized and replace the synthesis.
The partial tests must all be completed by the fourth call of the academic year. If this does not occur, the entire exam must be taken in the following academic year.
E1: Tutorials with the whole group for synthesis and grammar.
E2: Exercises in small groups every two weeks
- for the development of oral competence
- for the competence in the sectoral languages of the various curricula (literary and linguistic)
The activities done in class during the exercises are available online on the CMM.
Self-evaluation exercises are available on the same French-language pages 3 of the CMM, and on the "Virtual classroom": http://lingue.cmm.unive.it/course/view.php?id=73