ACCOUNTING AND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION-1
Since the students of the Degree in Business Administration and Management need to know and understand the functioning of business entities, at the completing of this course students will know and be able to understand:
- the role of business entities in the economic activity;
- the relationship among economics and business phenomena;
- the typology of business entities and their main characteristics;
- the main activities performed by business entities and within business entities;
- the relationships between external environment, internal structure and strategy;
- the relationship between business activities and performance;
- the representation of on entity performance.
2 ABILITY TO APPLY KNOWLEDGE
Since the students of the Degree in Business Administration and Management need to be able to put their knowledge into context and to apply them to real world situations, at the completing of this course the students will be able to:
- interpret real world economic phenomena in light of the concepts and model of business economics;
- understand the distinctive features of real business entities and develop hypotheses about the reasons determining their performances.
The typologies of business entities
The governance of business entities and their identity
The analysis of external environment
The strategy and the strategic innovation
The business system and the organizational model
The evaluation and representation of performance
Introduction to financial statements and corporate reporting
The written test has a duration of 1 hour and 30 minutes and cover the concepts of Economia Aziendale 2. It requires to solve two exercises:
a) the first exercise consist in recording a number of complex transactions, both on the general journal daybook and the general ledger.
b) the second exercise consist in the preparation of the balance sheet and the income statement of a firm relying on the following information: the opening balance sheet, a list of transactions and closing entries.
The oral part of the exam consists in a number of questions mainly based on the program of the fist module (Economia Aziendale 1).
The final score depends on the positive evaluation of both tests.
- EXAM BOOKING. ONLY students who have booked the exam by means of the online procedure within the terms will be admitted to the written exam. In case of any problem with the online booking procedure please contact the Economic Campus well in advance BEFORE the term expiry.
Ca’ Foscari abides by Italian Law (Law 17/1999; Law 170/2010) regarding support
services and accommodation available to students with disabilities. This includes students with
mobility, visual, hearing and other disabilities (Law 17/1999), and specific learning impairments (Law 170/2010). If you have a disability or impairment that requires accommodations (i.e., alternate testing, readers, note takers or interpreters) please contact the Disability and Accessibility Offices in Student Services: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This subject deals with topics related to the macro-area "Circular economy, innovation, work" and contributes to the achievement of one or more goals of U. N. Agenda for Sustainable Development